How to bribe AI into war?

avl8

Prince
Is it even possible in the latest patch?

It doesnt look like its possible for me, but Im pretty sure theres some method to manipulate AI that I dont know of...

Thanks for the swift answer. Is it a secret circumstances that is required?

Also is it possible to get a defensive agreement with AI nowadays?

Thanks for the swift answer. Is it a secret circumstances that is required?

Also is it possible to get a defensive agreement with AI nowadays?

Nothing secret – the AI is as likely to accept a bribe as a human would be. If it would be an unfavorable war, or it would anger friends, they will not accept.

Then why do they still not accept one turn before declaring the same war on their own?

you cant make defensive pact even with best friend and even you both neighbour warmonger who eradicated already 2 civs. if you are rly lucky, they let u get it, but you have to pay them rly big GPT sum. never expect it proposed by AI itself. this is weakest part of diplomacy along with fact, that Order national wonder and its votes is practicaly impossible to get.

you cant make defensive pact even with best friend and even you both neighbour warmonger who eradicated already 2 civs. if you are rly lucky, they let u get it, but you have to pay them rly big GPT sum. never expect it proposed by AI itself. this is weakest part of diplomacy along with fact, that Order national wonder and its votes is practicaly impossible to get.

Then theres kinda weird thing. In my recent game India AI has a culture lead and somehow managed to get defensive pact with both Ottoman (#1 warmonger) and Brazil. And by this time all 3 settled near each other and got diffirent religions. How is it possible?

Then theres kinda weird thing. In my recent game India AI has a culture lead and somehow managed to get defensive pact with both Ottoman (#1 warmonger) and Brazil. And by this time all 3 settled near each other and got diffirent religions. How is it possible?

i dont speak about AI, bcoz AI, well, has it own way..... they are making def pacts just for sure, even without wars.

i dont speak about AI, bcoz AI, well, has it own way..... they are making def pacts just for sure, even without wars.
I think the AI use the same criteria for accepting defensive pacts with other AIs and with the player.

rly? i have strong doubts that every AI which has def pact with other paid them 10 GPT( my value from previous game to get one with Assyria with who i didnt have any red diplo modifier and we neighboured Askia). Defensive pacts are eye hurting stupidity. In my curent game, Montezuma fighted Boudicca like 30 turns and after 10 turns they made peace, they have def pacts? like others having def pacts even before there were some war? i dont care about them having that, but about player incapability do the same. ( bcoz value of that is either impossible or its value is insult. Sometimes they would profit from that much more than me, still no no no no. remind my small kids refusing any price). Hand on hearth guys and speak truth, who got throughout whole history of VP just one offer to make this deal by AI.

God, reading this is a nightmare ...

Anyway, many leaders don't care if you were at war with them before. You can actually see a grey line in the list of the modifiers about that, when it's the case, and I'm pretty sure Montezuma and Boudicca are this way.

sorry, i will not appologize for being bad in foreign language repeatedly. you dont have to react for every prize, since you didnt bring up any news.

huh nightmare. However :) So how many defensive pacts do you have tompliss. And how many you had by ai itself.

If the AI views the player the same as the AI, then I'm doing something way different than the AI.

It's common to see AI's with multiple defensive pacts, yet I am never offered one, and they are always "impossible" when I try.

The other strange thing is bribing for war. The AI will always try to bribe YOU into war, but offer next to nothing for it. I have yet to be able to get the AI to accept a bribe into war for over a month now.

If the AI views the player the same as the AI, then I'm doing something way different than the AI.

It's common to see AI's with multiple defensive pacts, yet I am never offered one, and they are always "impossible" when I try.

The other strange thing is bribing for war. The AI will always try to bribe YOU into war, but offer next to nothing for it. I have yet to be able to get the AI to accept a bribe into war for over a month now.

My exact experience as well, which is why I never bought into the idea that the AI views the player the same as other AI as far as DPs are concerned. I was hoping notque would look into that actually. As far as bribes go, I find it best to decline an AI-proposed bribe, and wait for a wealthy AI to get into a war, then propose that I enter manually. I can get way more gold with this method usually.

I wish the AI would be more willing to accept defensive pacts when they are threatened by a larger neighbor. Often I want a defensive pact to deter an expansionist civ (that is at most a comparable size to me) from conquering small civs but I have never been able to get anything but an "impossible" response

You have to be a warmonger to get defensive pacts. That's how I did it like how Stalin did it. Many countries begin denouncing me, and those that were left were the outcasts. I became their protector to their countries through defensive pacts.

I don't usually hunt for defensive pacts, but I would assume you need a strong military to get one. This would explain why a warmonger would be able to sign one.

I don't play a lot of games, basically one after the other, only multiplayer. With the latest modpack version (10-9.1) on a small, continents plus map on Prince level, I have both been offered defensive pacts and was able to easily bribe an AI civ into war to fight by my side. I have to say though, that I'm doing quite well in this game, basically leading in all areas (science, religion, culture, gold) except for military (my science advantage of 5-10 techs might make up for the numbers, but I only have about 10-15 units that actively participate).

What happened was, that I declared war on civ1 (Dido) which had a defense pact with civ2 (Napoleon) (both civs were comparable in score to me before the war). After a while, I realize that both are too much for me to handle, manage to make peace with civ2 (defense pact must have run out), continue my war with civ1, bribe civ2 into joining me in fighting civ1 for as little as two luxury resources and eventually take 4/8 of civ1's cities before going to peace.

Altogether, I had the feeling that the AI did a good job at sucking up to me once I had finished that war and consolidated my empire. Shortly after, AI civs would start to offer me friendship and even a defensive pact. In addition to this, I've gotten much more secure in negotiating deals, i.e. declining AI offers and requests while pushing my borders into their terrain, demanding tribute etc. The AI accepts all of this and seems to be happy to be my friend. What does surprise me though is that Dido went right back to friendly once we had made peace. That does sound a bit like Stockholm Syndrome to me but OK :)

This is of course just a snap shot and I've certainly had games that went about much differently, but I think it's an example that everything is possible given the right circumstances. I guess we have to accept that the way the AI assesses certain situations is just different (unbiased?) from how a human player does it.

Assorted things I noticed:

1. Sweden (reduced to a single city by another human player) would offer me Open Borders (the only thing they had really) almost every single turn for things of much greater value such as lots of money, resources etc. Their deal value was always in the hundreds but they didn't seem to understand this.
2. Every once in a while the AI would offer me deals with a single digit negative deal value, so that they wouldn't accept their own offer.
3. One of my scouts was turned into a zeppelin through a ruin. At least that's what I think must have happened. It was set to explore and at some point it was a zeppelin. I don't think that makes a lot of sense.
4. Barbarians were totally fine. Not too aggressive (not a fan), not too docile IMO.

Top Bottom