1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How To: Make Leaderheads! Ekmek's Guide

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Ekmek, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

look at the command part. something got corrupted. it happened to me a few times. the only way i fixed it was do a complete reinstall of the items i have at the beginning. I think its the nifscripts but never could pin it down.

I'll add techathon to the list (i really havent been staying up on that sorry)

2. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

What version of blender are you using?

3. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

I finally just reinstalled Blender. However, I have another problem:

Attached Files:

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Just rotate the body of the model to match up with the face and hands. That's all you really have to do here, then rig it to the proper bones and all that.

EDIT: Looks really good, who is that going to be?

5. Ekmek

yep just rotate (press R) but from the top view

6. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

The only problem is, when I rotate, it rotates like this:

Attached Files:

7. Ekmek

8. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

... or press R + Z

9. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Press 7 under Num Lock, and then press R. It will rotate it well.

10. Made_of_sand

Made_of_sand Chieftain

I've gotten back into working on Tigranes, the crown needs an overhaul, not sure when it'll be ready

11. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

I've just installed all the programs from the links you gave, and neither Blender of NifSkope will open, I just get "Blender (or NifSkope) has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienence."

12. Wonderblunder

Wonderblunder Part Time Monster in the Closet

It's never happened to me before, have you tried reinstalling the programs?

13. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

no, but i think it might be my system. I'll uninstall both and try different downloads.
    EDIT: Would blender 2.49b work?
    EDIT2: Nope, I still get the same error. The script window pops up checking for python, but then I get the error once it says that the python is installed and trys to run the application

14. Ekmek

I'm actually using 2.49b but it requires differnt python etc. trying reinstalling with the links I have on the first page. Did you install them in that order?

15. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

yep, I clicked them all one after another. I'll try that again though.
    I tried this morning, installed the first two on the list in that order, and once blender was done installing, I tried to open it, but the same problem occured. Again, I still have no idea what the problem is, for neither Nifskope or Blender will work!

16. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Maybe this is a more appropriate place for my problem then The Capos thread as it becomes a Blender problem now. To summarize a little: I am trying to make a napoleon based leaderhead use Lincolns animation. You said that I should rename the bones of the napoleon nif so that they meet Lincolns skeleton if nifskope complains on missing bones. The problem is, that the meshes use bones that have no counterpart in Lincolns skeleton, so I don't know what to call them. Sometimes it's even not possible to find another bone in Lincolns skeleton that comes close to the missing one. I tried to transplant the missing bones. This ways, I successfully nifswapped all parts. Well, their positions to fit anymore, but at least distortions are limited. The fingers for example are perfectly working. There's bit of distortion on the forearms and the neck and plenty of at the eyelids and round the mouth. Animations have the same distortions, but in general they work. So I tried to import in Blender, but I get the messages shown in the attachment. Didn't get these when importing the unaltered Széchenyi though and even this ways, the Lincoln-Széchenyi-hybrid imports nevertheless. You said that I would have to fix the distortions by moving the vertices, but the leaderhead already looks okay, so I export it. Again, I get some errors (again, see attachment). If I look at the exported file, it still looks okay, but once I play an animation or nifswap it with the file I used for import, the whole leaderhead is heavily distorted... So what do you recommend?

17. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

I think I'll give up on the installation. I think the reason that blender is not opening is my screen resolution, which is 1024x600 (It's a netbook). But every time I install blender, it appears to mess with the civ files, and I can't play it.

18. Ekmek

transplanting the bones was a path not to go, i have never done that. i looked at napoleon's skeleton and stuff like neck_comp should just be neck. forarm_comp should just be forearm. shoulder_clav should just be the clavicle. shoulder_bicep should be the bicep or clavicle (may require rerigging latter if doesnt look right)

19. Ekmek

Are you installing it in your civ folder? my installation is only in my programfiles except python which is in my c:

20. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Okay, thanks, Ekmek. Tomorrow, I'll travel to Hungary for a week, so I won't have time for modding. I haven't give up this project, though, so I'll reply once I continue my work. Just saying that, so that you don't wonder.