How To: Make Leaderheads! Ekmek's Guide

Ah, yeah, Next War is good, but I don't like the leaders either. I'm not satisfied with Hatshepsut as the Southern Leader (I'd actually rather see a Latin American civ, an African civ, a European civ, an Asian civ, a North American civ, and an Australian/Polynesian civ.)

If I were to guess, the source of the problem was one of those files who create the kind of 3D effect on the flat surface, makes it look a bit shadered, if you know what I mean. Simply paint this the same way as the rest of the skin. I know this sounded confusing, but I hope you understand. I do no longer remember the names of the files you need to edit as I'm retired from modding

I tried to rotate the arms in my leaderhead and got this:

Attachments

• another leaderhead error.jpg
    another leaderhead error.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 142
First of all, sorry for interrupting an ongoing request for help. I am currently working on a third hunnic leaderhead - I'll call him Bleda for simplicity, although he might be used as any hunnic leader - using that ancestor LH (which is based on Shaka and was also used for Hiawathe to my klnowledge) and Zara Yaqobs / amras Sunni Alis torso as base. For animation and skeleton, I use Hannibal as the base. Basically everything worked fine without having too much work. Had some issues with the eyes, but with moving the bones (also editing the kfs) and riimporting to Blender, things were rather easy to solve. Yet I got problems with the hands, see attachment (fingers are clipping at the left hand). How would I need to fix that? I mean, I guess I would have to edit the kfs again, but how do I find out what to do exactly? I can hardly guess some numbers...

Nah, I used to do it in nifskope. But I also only did simple things like the eye trick where I at first moved the bone in the nif, then reimported and exported the nif to / from Blender again and again (normally, things work after 2 or 3 iterations) while always checking the result in nifskope with added animation till the whole thing works. Then I open all the kfs and correct the bones coordinates according to what I set them to when working on the nif. Yet the problem is different: the cause for the eyes issue was, that they weren't lined up with their bone. The fingers are lined-up well, yet the animation doesn't fit 100% to the body shape, I guess.

Nah, I used to do it in nifskope. But I also only did simple things like the eye trick where I at first moved the bone in the nif, then reimported and exported the nif to / from Blender again and again (normally, things work after 2 or 3 iterations) while always checking the result in nifskope with added animation till the whole thing works. Then I open all the kfs and correct the bones coordinates according to what I set them to when working on the nif. Yet the problem is different: the cause for the eyes issue was, that they weren't lined up with their bone. The fingers are lined-up well, yet the animation doesn't fit 100% to the body shape, I guess.

i recommend getting use to blender it gives a lot more option and after a few tries its not too hard. i have a draft in my updated tutorial but i have no idea when I'll be able to finish it.

Okay, then I'll take a look at how it's to be done with Blender ASAP. Oh... I hate Blenders UI...

The Blender download link isn't working. Does anyone know another link or site to get it from?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's back up.

Probably it is late to ask but, how can I boneswap? I'm making a leaderhead and I stuck at animations. :/ (I don't like Napoleon's anims)

By the way, I have a problem with new (handmade) animation with the same lh. I screwed up everything, but in Blender everything looks okay. Probably it would be wise to ask the coyote, but maybe it is a matter of export?

Probably it is late to ask but, how can I boneswap? I'm making a leaderhead and I stuck at animations. :/ (I don't like Napoleon's anims)

By the way, I have a problem with new (handmade) animation with the same lh. I screwed up everything, but in Blender everything looks okay. Probably it would be wise to ask the coyote, but maybe it is a matter of export?

boneswapping is just like nifswapping but you have to make sure the names of the bones are the same first then you have to reimport/export the leaderhead and nifswap again.

thats the easiest way to explain it and you should know enough to do it ;)

Aha! I didn't reimport/export the LH! Thanks, Ekmek! ;)
I swapped the bones of Lincoln to Napoleon, and the face screwed up in the greeting. (They had the same bone structure, so it was easy, I only had to rename the master bone, and the nonaccum, as they were different) Btw, after reexport, which one I need to do the NifSwap? Nappy, or Lincoln? I suppose it is Lincoln, right?

Top Bottom