How to nerf lategame Ottomans?

caphyre

Chieftain
Their power grows exponentially during all the game, while they should be not so powerful in 1700-1800 as before. How can it be done:

1. Increasing stability penalty after 1700? Contested provinces become unstable, some stable ones become contested;
2. Making Janissary regiments impossible to upgrade? Increasing required amount of points for generating another one regiment?
3. Doing something to prevent of spamming with Pistoliers? (this is really annoying) E.g. increasing their building cost after each other is built. This will be useful to nerf other civs too.

There could be some kind of Janissary event in the late game, either a rebellion or some nerf to their power?

Has anyone ever tried to destroy Ottomans? I'd say it's almost impossible. They're IMMORTAL. I'm not even talking about their pistolier's zerg rush... I was at war with them for ~230 years, they had ~1700 war weariness, I have razed 24 their cities, including 3 capitals, blocked all their ports, and most of this time (when I became strong enough to capture their cities actively, last ~80 years, ~600 war weariness before that) their stability was just SHAKY! They have collapsed only after completion of my last Austrian UHV when I pressed "just one more turn".
Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_3.jpg

Their power grows exponentially during all the game, while they should be not so powerful in 1700-1800 as before. How can it be done:

1. Increasing stability penalty after 1700? Contested provinces become unstable, some stable ones become contested;
2. Making Janissary regiments impossible to upgrade? Increasing required amount of points for generating another one regiment?
3. Doing something to prevent of spamming with Pistoliers? (this is really annoying) E.g. increasing their building cost after each other is built. This will be useful to nerf other civs too.
Absolutely agreed on the notion.
Not an easy task to do it right. Most of their power comes from their insane unit production rate (especially with religious bonuses included), not from Janissaries.
So they have a huge unit-producing advantage compared to almost all other civs.
Which they definitely need for the first period of their existence, in order to survive their first 100-200 years.

They need an early game boost and a late game nerf
Sure, that would be the goal.
Ideally right on their unit production modifiers, as that's the main offender here.
But all these modifiers (and everything connected) are static in RFC. I do not plan to make them dynamic.

I've just discovered a feature in RFCCW: force limit! I think it may be useful in this mod too.
First I wondered why I cannot built any troops, then I watched the military advisor and it appeared that I already have too much units.

Top Bottom