How would you settle this?

If i look for Bur. cottages, probably 2N and an awesome GP city SE of your settler.

This.

I will post the save when I get home. Be advised it's BAT 4.1 and I've moved my scout.

Did you start another game after this? If not, the autosave file for 4000BC (which has the scout not moved yet) can still be recovered.

My gut reaction, and therefore what I probably would do, is settle 1NE. That way keeping the sugars in the capital for long-term use and probably pick up a riverside tile or two. Two viable production cities 1SE of phants and top of PH that can share tiles with the capital. Plus, it looks like that might be coastline north of those hills?

That's just my first thought when that maps popped up, which is usually how I play as well.

2nd move: Move the settler 1N. Then move the scout 2NW.
3rd move: Either settle right there or move again depending on what is uncovered by scout.
Without the scout, I'd say 1N looks good. A lot of food but not too much food for a good explosive start, at least 5 cottages for bur, and who knows what gems or other gifts are hidden in the shadows? Then possible 2nd city is the tip of earth 1NE of pig. Good for producing workers and then GP farm. You will get elephants with the culture from the capital either way, so no rush to hook them up. Rice is possibly a third city but definitely look around more before committing to rice.

Top Bottom