Hulfgar's Industrial Warfare

Yes Hulfgar, it has not happened to me before there.

Anyway, it successfully downloaded and I am now enjoying Australia Day with a beer and playing your Modpack. (Here it is almost 50 degrees C in the back pergola).

Cheers

Hulfgar, encountered a small problem. When performing a gorund attack with a BF 109, the animation is a bunch of soldiers running cross country. It happened a number of times- made for interesting viewing.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

When performing a gorund attack with a BF 109, the animation is a bunch of soldiers running cross country.
Perhaps your pilots ran out of kerosine ? :crazyeye:

More seriously : this happens only with the Bf109 ? I will check it right now.

Just more details. Playing as Isobel on King, large maps, continent. The only change I made to your mod was to give the cities an attack power. All the other plane attacks seem okay- Junkers, Breda and whatever.

The attack itself seemed to resolve as expected; it was just the animation.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

I have found the mistake, it's in the add on mod.

Here is an update of the file Units Spain.xml, unzip and copy in the folder ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca (v 2)\XML
overwrite the old file.

It should be compatible with saved games.

Attachments

• Units Spain.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 120
I'll try that thanks Hulfgar.

A question re flying bombs. I can't get them to rehouse to another city. (within range) Is there some trick? (Still playing as Isabelle).

A question re flying bombs. I can't get them to rehouse to another city. (within range) Is there some trick? (Still playing as Isabelle).

I have most probably overlooked something that give flying units the ability to rebase.

I will look into it this evening.

edit :

one thing you can test :

open the file "kamikazes.xml" with an editor
delete the line : <Immobile>true</Immobile> for each unit, save the file, relaunch the game.

This could solve the problem.

Forget the post above, I have found the problem for the Flying Bomb and it was something else!

You can either download version 3 of the mod, but it will probably not be compatible with the saved games, or patch the file Kamikazes.xml :

In it find the type <Type>UNIT_MISSILE</Type> and add "<Special>SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE</Special>" between <Range>8</Range> and <Domain>DOMAIN_AIR</Domain>.
It will look like this :

Code:
<Range>8</Range>
			[COLOR="Red"]<Special>SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE</Special>[/COLOR]
			<Domain>DOMAIN_AIR</Domain>

This should be compatible with the saved games.

Version 3 of the add on Spain/Inca is available to download (it isthe same as ver 2 bug with the bug correction for the Spanish MeBF 109).

Change in ver 3 of the main mod :

Correction of the formation for the fighter Lagg3 (Egypt)
The promotion Bonus vs Capital Ships (50) now gives correctly 50% vs Dreadnoughts
The Flying Bomb can now rebase
French and German skins for fighters have been changed for more diversity.
Ethnic units for Mongolia (skins from some free Japanese units from Danrell)

That may explain a weird thing. I updated your corrected BF 109 file and reloaded a saved game. There was a flying bomb where there should have been an infantry unit. I clicked on it and it said the unit was a "Spanish Kamikaze".

I thought that the game wasn't going anywhere with those units. :D

Hey I don't get it, should I play this or Hulfgar's Modpack.
Both look tempting to me!

This mod is basically the new units, new skins, removing of modern units, right?

Another question, for units such as Dreadnought, are there new graphics as well?

Hello Haig,

Hey I don't get it, should I play this or Hulfgar's Modpack.

It depend's of what you want :)
If you can play whithout modern units and like diversity then you should play the Industrial Modpack. This way you keep ethnic diversity in the end game.

The Industrial Modpack as some change in the tech tree but basically the features are the same as in the "regular" modpack (resources and buildings required for units, resources gained from buildings,...).

For the Dreadnoughts there is actually 4 skins : USA, England, Russland and Generic.

Cruisers, fastbombers, divebombers,... have their own skins, so basically all new units have their own skins (thanks to Danrell).

Last to help you choose : I should release ver.4 of the Industrial Modpack until the end of the week.
In this ver.4 the naval counterattack has been fixed (bugged in ver.1 to 3 and in the regular Modpack) and lots of other change to come (more details later when I am back at home).

Thanks for answers, actually I love the renaissance to industrial eras best, so I dont miss any of the modern units! Now I'm about to start a game..

hey hulfgar first gotta say love ur modpack after i finally can play it :D

but i ran into another problem, everytime i try to run your mod together with a scenario i get a runtime error.
i may sound noobish but ehm are you able to play any scenarios with it? :p

thanks in advance for any help

Hello KnelRivendare,

I've never tried to run a scenario with my mod myself but I would not be surprised if it were not possible.

The reason is that a scenario is a mod for itself, with it's own rules and if not then it is made to be used with the vanilla settings.

Alone the change in the tech tree for my mod will probably make it incompatible with scenarios, not speaking from the changes in the units and buildings files.

I will put a warning about this in the mod's description, I never though about that.

first gotta say love ur modpack after i finally can play it

Glad you can play it and nice to hear this, if you have suggestions, critics or ideas don't hesitate to post them.
I can't make everything, I'm not a big modder, but if I can do it and if it makes sense then I do it :)

To come in version 4 : (release probably end of the week, I am currently testing it with a game)

Ver 4 :

Navalcounterattack is working again. Warning : ships can shoot back at submarines if they are in range!

New Techs :
Mythology - Ancient Era
Tragedy - Classical Era
Banknote - Medieval Era

Horseback Riding requires Trapping, Civil Service requires Horseback Riding
Calendar requires Writing and Mythology

New Buildings :
Shrine : +1 Happiness
Stonehenge now requires the Tech Mythology
Theatre now requires the Tech Tragedy
National Tresury now requires the Tech Banknote
The Monastery requires a Shrine to be build.
Holy War requires 1 Monastery in the City instead of 3 Temples in the Empire.
The market will grant +1 in happiness
Archery Range : This building requires 1 Timber, grants 15% XP to Archers and gives a 25% Bonus to their production.

New Wonders :
Panama Canal from Ambrox, available with Combustion
Three Gorge Damm from Ambrox, available with Ecology
Carnival from Ambrox, available with Tragedy
Pergamon Altar v2 from Ambrox
Hollywood from Pouakai

Units :
Longbowmen : ranged medieval unit with a range of 2 (3 for the English Longbowman).All Longbowmen cost 140 in production (20 more than the Crossbowman).
Range for Archer and Crossbowmen down to 1
All range for ships down to 1 except for "big guns" (Dreadnought, Cruiser and Battleship : range = 2)

2 reasons for the changes/adds in the tech tree :
- A longbowman unit was required and it makes sense to have it with the crossbowman for the medieval era.
- Danrell is working on a medieval unit pack so I want to be ready to put his units in the mod :)
I had to change some prereqs to avoid broken pipes in the tech tree.

hey Hulfgar.

thanks for the fast answer ^.^ so it would only work if creating the mod as (or with a) scenario?

ive got little idea, a new modern ship class "Patrol Boat" or "Modern Corvette" (maybe using downsized Missile Cruiser grafics since that unit grafic isnt used in this mod anyways) extremly cheap but also very weak cannot enter Ocean and only good for patroling coasts and to stop small unguarded invasions.

just to give even more diversity to naval warfare ;>

and what about bringing back the defensive "Mashine Gun Unit" from Civ4

one more idea: an Airship (hovering like helicopter class) capable of carrying one fighter unit, just no clue were to get the grafics for this :x.

kind regards.

Hi Hulfgar, Thanks for this great mod.

I don't play Civ 5 much nowadays but I just love the Industrial era and your mod expands on it greatly which is awesome. Is there any way of playing on a World Map with the proper starting locations at all?, I really enjoy playing in the Napoleonic-WW2 era and would really like to just play a long domination game in that era, like a big Total War game.

Anyway just thought I would say thanks for taking the time to release this, I really enjoy all the diverse new units.

Hi Hulfgar, Thanks for this great mod.

I don't play Civ 5 much nowadays but I just love the Industrial era and your mod expands on it greatly which is awesome. Is there any way of playing on a World Map with the proper starting locations at all?, I really enjoy playing in the Napoleonic-WW2 era and would really like to just play a long domination game in that era, like a big Total War game.

Anyway just thought I would say thanks for taking the time to release this, I really enjoy all the diverse new units.

as he said it would be really cool to combine your modpack with a Industrial Era Scenario, i actually finished my 1885scenario finally but im a noob modder and my modbuddy isnt working and i have no clue how to make Scenario compatible with a modpack.

if it is possible and you know how to do that and need a scenario feel free to use mine.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=453970

Hello St0Ne 4Ge and KnelRivendare,

I don't know myself how to make a scenario, never tried it.
I may try in a near future but first I want to learn LUA and this may take some time.

i have no clue how to make Scenario compatible with a modpack

I suppose the best way is to start from the modpack or to take the part you want from it and put them in the scenario. If you want to try feel free to use any part of my mod that you want/need.

Next thing that I plan for this mod :
- include some patrol boats as suggested (will be easy to do), could even be in ver 4.
- include the medieval units from Danrell when they are released. Should be easy, but some adjustments may have to be done in the tech tree if there is some new units types (with lucks some early canons!) .
- include the spawnings of partisans. Right now I don't know how to do it. I suppose that some LUA coding is needed.

When all this is done I will have a look on how to make a scenario from the mod and ideas will be welcome.

Thanks for the support :)

Top Bottom