Humankind - Germans discussion thread

Prussia as an independant kingdom is maybe too late to appear in Early Modern, even if the idea sounds appealing ?

I would prefer it if the military affinity bonus would be +1 movement on all units (on the strategic and the tactical parts of the map). Maybe even combined with +1 strength on terrain advantages, but that would probably make it too OP. The spawning of weak units doesn‘t excite me that much.

While Prussia > Germany is the historic route, I think with Teutons already there, early modern „Germany“ should come from another geographic place: Bavaria, Saxony, „The Hanse“ (rather medieval?) or Switzerland come to mind at first.

Prussia is the state that literally coined the phrase “Not a state with an army, but an army with a state”. Them existing and being anything other than militaristic would be pretty hilariously bad history.

Maybe relabel the current Germany to Prussia and move Germany to the next era with a different affinity?

Prussia is the state that literally coined the phrase “Not a state with an army, but an army with a state”. Them existing and being anything other than militaristic would be pretty hilariously bad history.

Maybe relabel the current Germany to Prussia and move Germany to the next era with a different affinity?

Robert Citino has written several books on the "German way in warfare" based largely on the Prussian military tradition, and I think he makes the good point that the basis of German/Prussian military technique was Bewegungskrieg ("maneuver warfare") and fast, decisive offensive action. A combat bonus that applies only to the tactical attack and a movement bonus on the tactical and game map would match those two characteristics very well, and would also be applicable to 'modern' Germany, especially in World War II when the Wehrmacht's Auftragstaktik allowed them to attack and develop/exploit an attack faster than their opponents could react to it.

Robert Citino has written several books on the "German way in warfare" based largely on the Prussian military tradition, and I think he makes the good point that the basis of German/Prussian military technique was Bewegungskrieg ("maneuver warfare") and fast, decisive offensive action. A combat bonus that applies only to the tactical attack and a movement bonus on the tactical and game map would match those two characteristics very well, and would also be applicable to 'modern' Germany, especially in World War II when the Wehrmacht's Auftragstaktik allowed them to attack and develop/exploit an attack faster than their opponents could react to it.

That is an interesting idea; Prussia put a big emphasis on war being fast and decisive and using manouver as much as possible because their strategic situation was awful; surrounded by potential enemies with zero natural defensive borders or chokepoints, and having a super lean economy that was already more or less fully mobilized even in peace time and had zero slack.

Top Bottom