Humankind- Swedes discussion thread

Yeah, I would've chosen Sweden for the Renaissance, not modern, but I guess it works. A small, nerdy part of me is disappointed at the lack of reference to the fact that Sweden is dominating the non-DnD RPG market but I'm a big nerd for Swedish RPGs so... :mischief:

Yeah, I would've chosen Sweden for the Renaissance, not modern, but I guess it works. A small, nerdy part of me is disappointed at the lack of reference to the fact that Sweden is dominating the non-DnD RPG market but I'm a big nerd for Swedish RPGs so... :mischief:
But now we can have a "Vasa Sweden" culture, duh :p

I love the history of the "stormarkstid" (great power era) Sweden but interesting choice for having them modern.

(Couple summers ago there was hysteria in Swedish papers about a possible Russian sub in their waters and those corvettes were searching for it.
It might have been just some confusion in the end, who knows was there a sub.)

Maybe a weird question but is there a reason why they choose that kind of lecture hall to represent the Swedish as an image, It kind of feels too generic, like if any of those other cultures in the comptemporary era would have them and they got the label scientific, I wouldn't see the difference...

Also I am little dissapointed that they didn't post it on Instagram yet. Normally it is there the same time.

I was surprised to see contemporary Swedes, it's a singular choice, which was made I suppose to have a sort of "ideal european state", than some players will identify with it to end their run (my intepretation when I end a run with them, personally). Swedes are represented as innovative, progressive, with an high tech ship, an institute ... well they are rather fun to play

It don't close the door to Early Modern Swedes anyway, the other picks of EM were really solid and took the slots, it must be ten for launch !

I remember the speculations about industrial scientist swedes and caroleans, good times :D

Last edited:
I like European culture being scientist in the modern era, it's the continent containing countries with by far the largest ratio of population - to - scientific - publications. Sweden is among those countries.

I'd still prefer Sweden being early modern though, they'd make an amazing militarist culture. Meanwhile you could make Finland or Switzerland modern European scientist culture.

So what ability do they get to make up for there being no era to research ahead into? Even more Fame? Future techs in some form?

I like European culture being scientist in the modern era, it's the continent containing countries with by far the largest ratio of population - to - scientific - publications. Sweden is among those countries.

I'd still prefer Sweden being early modern though, they'd make an amazing militarist culture. Meanwhile you could make Finland or Switzerland modern European scientist culture.
Luckily they’ve easily proved that they’re willing to do some “dynastic” or cultural naming to let a culture appear more than once (and in the case of Egypt, it’s just Egyptians twice)

Luckily they’ve easily proved that they’re willing to do some “dynastic” or cultural naming to let a culture appear more than once (and in the case of Egypt, it’s just Egyptians twice)

They might've renamed the Ancient Egyptians by now. Plenty of marketing/development reasons for them to have been named Egyptians when the cards were first being revealed.

They might've renamed the Ancient Egyptians by now. Plenty of marketing/development reasons for them to have been named Egyptians when the cards were first being revealed.
Possible! Just not confirmed yet

Early Modern "Swedish" could always appear alongside Contemporary "Swedes." :mischief:

Top Bottom