Humankind - Mongols discussion thread

I wonder how they differ at all from the Huns.
Without knowing too much about the game, the only explanation I can say is their Mongol Horde will probably be stronger compared to the Hunnic Horde from an era earlier.

While im sure they will have differences from their bonuses theres also a good chance you missed out on the Huns or you had priorities elsewhere. I have a feeling going on the same culture consecutively may not be a good idea unless some affinity is badly balanced and becomes a top choice regardless of your aim. *glances at science nervously*

Pure speculation here - at least until they reveal more of the combat mechanics - but here are some historically-based possibilities:
1. As stated above, more stability/loyalty, because the Mongols managed to endure centuries longer than the Huns
2. Larger Army sizes, to represent the far better Command and Control of the Mongol armies compared to their predecessors (ALL their nomadic predecessors, apparently)
3. Better ability to include units from conquered Factions or Minor Factions, which would be representative of the fact that Mongol armies included Chinese Siege Engineers and gunpowder-users as well as mounted units from other Central Asian factions they had conquered. The Hun's own 'subordinates' as mentioned previously, turned on them as soon as they could, whereas the Mongol subordinates for the most part stayed loyal.
4. Possible ability to exchange some of their own Emblematics for those of a conquered Faction, as the Mongols did when they settled down and became the Yuan Dynasty in China, the Golden or Great Horde in southern Russia, or the basis for the Timurids or Gazhnavids. I think this would be way OP, though, so it's a real Long Shot.

Very interesting points. Number four sounds amazing, but you're right in that it would be OP and probably tough to implement.

Very interesting points. Number four sounds amazing, but you're right in that it would be OP and probably tough to implement.

After I posted, it occured to me that IF Humankind goes with a similar Army Size mechanic as their previous game Endless Legend, which had Armies of, as I remember, 4, 6 or 8 units as you progressed through the game, "larger army size" could easily give the Mongols a 12.5 to 25% advantage, which would definitely be OP.
On the other hand, historically they DID mop the floor with every military force they met (not counting Japanese Divine Wind Hurricanes), so perhaps OP Military is just about right . . .

This is one where knowing what the Emblematic Quarter does will be a big shift as to how well it works

One of them might be a unique outpost or something similar that you can build in already occupied sectors.

One of them might be a unique outpost or something similar that you can build in already occupied sectors.

A form of 'stealth conquest'? Not really what the Mongols were known for, but a very interesting concept - although perhaps more suited to the later Portuguese or English 'Factories' and trading posts they established in Africa and Asia.

I'm gonna take a leap and guess that the units and emblematic quarters are interchangeable for both Huns and Mongols - i.e you can mobilize the emblematic district into a horde and then "settle" the horde elsewhere converting it back into the district.

Top Bottom