Humankind Quick Questions and Answers

The +4 when ransacking is not about fighting while ransacking. The duration how long it takes to ransack is based on your armies CS, and this ability gives +4 per unit to the stack. So you ransack a lot faster.

Oh my god, thanks for clarifying! I would have definitely gotten myself in a bad situation trying that.

That means I cannot just conquer cities without sphere of influence?

Oh I see, it’s cheaper (only 10 war score) if you can claim it ahead of time. If you don’t claim it, you can still take it, but have to pay a higher price. I always save before war resolution just in case I mess something up, but do remember to select the territory attached to the city you take if you want that.

About vassalation, I was able do it once, to a very week AI, and it costs ~230 which was exactly how much war score I had. I notice for more powerful AI that the cost to vassal is 700+. Is it possible? I am under the impression that occupying cities gives you more war score on top of your war support difference, but does this also lower the cost of making a vassal to the point that it can be afforded?

About vassalation, I was able do it once, to a very week AI, and it costs ~230 which was exactly how much war score I had. I notice for more powerful AI that the cost to vassal is 700+. Is it possible? I am under the impression that occupying cities gives you more war score on top of your war support difference, but does this also lower the cost of making a vassal to the point that it can be afforded?

Not really, it's kinda to show the that it's stronger and you'd need to win a couple more wars in order to do so. In previous versions, you could vassalize anyone, no matter the size (was a fixed 150 cost).

How can I change my starting national symbol?

The symbol is tied to your avatar/persona which can be changed at any time from the main menu.. (I assume this would apply to the current game as well, but I've not tried it myself)

The symbol is tied to your avatar/persona which can be changed at any time from the main menu.. (I assume this would apply to the current game as well, but I've not tried it myself)

I've tried doing it by changing my avatar. It lets me change the physical aspects of my avatar, but not the symbol.

I've tried doing it by changing my avatar. It lets me change the physical aspects of my avatar, but not the symbol.
Ok...it appears that you are not able to do so for an existing game. However, when you start a new game, there is a button on your competitor slot that allows you to change it (also for other competitors)

on another note, if you ever want to recreate your persona from scratch you can delete the Registry.xml file located in:

Documents/Humankind/Users/blah blah

(again, not sure what impact that'd have on your current game. Never tested it. When we were testing we always deleted everything, including saves, with each new version)

English city names:
Londonia - obviously London
Cantvaria - Canterbury
Euruic - I have no idea, anyone knows what/where this is?

English city names:
Londonia - obviously London
Cantvaria - Canterbury
Euruic - I have no idea, anyone knows what/where this is?
Maybe York?

Ok...it appears that you are not able to do so for an existing game. However, when you start a new game, there is a button on your competitor slot that allows you to change it (also for other competitors)

on another note, if you ever want to recreate your persona from scratch you can delete the Registry.xml file located in:

Documents/Humankind/Users/blah blah

(again, not sure what impact that'd have on your current game. Never tested it. When we were testing we always deleted everything, including saves, with each new version)

Cool, I will look for it.

I feel like I must be missing something easy, but in my current game I had a weird problem. I won a war and when I got the screen to select which regions I wanted to get from my opponent, I was not able to see the names of his regions. I zoomed in and out, but I could only see the names of the cities, not the outposts attached. How can you see this information?

I feel like I must be missing something easy, but in my current game I had a weird problem. I won a war and when I got the screen to select which regions I wanted to get from my opponent, I was not able to see the names of his regions. I zoomed in and out, but I could only see the names of the cities, not the outposts attached. How can you see this information?
The lens next to the name of a territory in the Peace Deal Screen shows you where it is. Not optimal. I think (but might misremember) you can also close this screen, deselect everything and zoom out - then hover of the territories. Also not optimal. I hope that one day, we can choose what we want to take directly on the map in the peace deal screen, similar to EU4.

I think (but might misremember) you can also close this screen, deselect everything and zoom out - then hover of the territories.

That is exactly what I tried, hover over the outpost in each territory, but I did not get the name. Maybe I did it wrong, but I expect quite a long time trying.

I'm just curious, is there a governing body in humankind? It was kind of weird for an empire to run without a governing body (or is it even possible in the first place)?

I actually expected a government system such as in endless space 2, where there are senates, laws and stuffs

I'm just curious, is there a governing body in humankind? It was kind of weird for an empire to run without a governing body (or is it even possible in the first place)?

I actually expected a government system such as in endless space 2, where there are senates, laws and stuffs
You have "Civics" which are a combination of laws and societal practices in your empire (including whether you have a democratic Republic, one-party state, aristocracy,etc.)

I wonder how many people got the ones after leadership.

You have "Civics" which are a combination of laws and societal practices in your empire (including whether you have a democratic Republic, one-party state, aristocracy,etc.)

I see, is it satisfying? (the whole civics system)

What is the purpose of late game culture? re: India

How do you get reinforcements into a battle? I had 3 unit groups within a previewed battlefield area but when I start the battle only the initiating group is visible on the battlefield and no reinforcements are available from the tab. My enemy seemd to be bringing in reinforcements without problem.

How do you get reinforcements into a battle? I had 3 unit groups within a previewed battlefield area but when I start the battle only the initiating group is visible on the battlefield and no reinforcements are available from the tab. My enemy seemd to be bringing in reinforcements without problem.
If reinforcement stacks are in the battle area you should see a little button above them with a plus sign. Click the plus sign to add them to the battle. The unit must be moved from that hex the stack stands on to add another unit from the stack.

If a unit or stack is outside the battle area, then you can move them into the battle area....1 hex in. Click on the battle then exit, then click on the stack and move into into the edge of the battle. You should then be able to use the above method to add the units into the battle itself.

(Granted, this assumes that you have the "Organized Warfare" technology, which allows for reinforcements)

Top Bottom