I can't start Wages of Sin

Zaklog

Chieftain
I just finished playing Into the Desert (and may I say that being restricted to a religious victory makes for a difficult challenge) and I'm ready to move on to Wages of Sin. I start FfH2. I click single player. I click scenarios. I skip through extra steps and select Wages of Sin. The game shuts down and a box pops up asking me if I'd like to tell Microsoft how this program shut down unexpectedly.

My computer's running on Windows XP and I recently installed the o patch for FfH2. I don't know what other information would be helpful in sorting this out. Has anyone else encountered this?

Unfortunately, it is a 'known' bug for the last patches. Some people can play it by directly loading the map from the scenario folder.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Failing that, enter the WorldBuilder, and load it into there
They're in XML\Scenarios - mentioned because I didn't think to look there, and some others might not either.

I had the same problem trying to start Splintered Court (but oddly not Wages of Sin). I found that if i tried to start SC from a fresh start it failed in exactly the way you describe. But if i load a different game first and then from there exit to Main menu and start up the scenarios as normal it worked fine. Hope that works for you as well!

I had the same problem trying to start Splintered Court (but oddly not Wages of Sin). I found that if i tried to start SC from a fresh start it failed in exactly the way you describe. But if i load a different game first and then from there exit to Main menu and start up the scenarios as normal it worked fine. Hope that works for you as well!

Wow, that DOES work! Unfortunately, it doesn't work (for me) for the Black Tower.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Black Tower I only managed to load by opening the scenario directly from file.

A question. When I start Wages of Sin from the file I get to chose Decius of the Malikim. But when I plaid my games I chose him to be with the Calibim.

So like, what the hell?

Lol, I found the answer.

I had the same problem with WofS and TSC. I didn't have the problem when I picked the goody-two shoes path for Decius, though, Only the Calabim path.

How do you open the map file directly or load it in worldbuilder? I was able to find the scenarios but if I open them with civ4 it just starts ffh like normal and doesn't load the map. If I go into worldbuilder then none of the directory paths look right when I try to load and I can't get to the scenarios.

Would appreciate any help with this as i've run out of scenarios to play that won't crash on load.

Load Fall From Heaven, then Worldbuilder though /mods/ffh/xml/scenarios

Do you have an English operating system?

Perhaps I'm being dense, but I still don't understand how to manually load these. Is Worldbuilder a separate program? Is it something I find through the FfH2 main menu? I found the scenario files, and I ran FfH, then exited to the desktop and tried opening them up, but that didn't do anything. I'm very curious to play these scenarios, and any help would be appreciated.

A picture can tell a thousand words -

Select a scenario, and press OK. I recommend starting the FFH mod before you load a scenario though the Worldbuilder, or you'll have to automatically restart your Civ, waiting for it to load FFH before the scenario loads.

A picture can tell a thousand words -

Select a scenario, and press OK. I recommend starting the FFH mod before you load a scenario though the Worldbuilder, or you'll have to automatically restart your Civ, waiting for it to load FFH before the scenario loads.

Link broken.

Works for me, but fixed.

Top Bottom