I have a dream (Not some MLK Jr. Dream)

bubba22plus

Chieftain
I have a dream to create 50 civilizations: Each representing a U.S. state. i have been browsing this forum for a while. i go back to civilization 3 experience wise, but never could get the time to mod the game personally. I've heard there is a Republic of Texas mod around somewhere, but i can't find it. I'm going to start with Michigan, but i better get some ideas on how exactly to approach this!

so my question is: are there any good modding tutorials for Creating civilizations?

If you need a tutorial, Kael made a pretty good one that simply walks through the XML process of Civ creation.

This sounds like a fun idea, by the way. Once you start programming, please make Maryland's UB a crab market or something (I'm from Maryland).

I couldn't find a link to download the texas mod on that thread... But thanks for the tutorials!

P.S. I'll check again

I been having the same idea!

Would be hard to think of unique units, though.

I made a mod for Illinois, I can give you a link if you're interested, but I don't have any graphics for the LH, UU, or UB
for your UB for Michigan you could make it a car factory to replace factory, I don't know what bonuses you would give it, but it's a start

I made a mod for Illinois, I can give you a link if you're interested, but I don't have any graphics for the LH, UU, or UB
for your UB for Michigan you could make it a car factory to replace factory, I don't know what bonuses you would give it, but it's a start

I saw the illinois mod, looks good. i'll probably add that in.

As for the UB, i was thinking a car factory would be perfect also. i've got michigan running already, but it's still a work in progress. I used a leaderhead i found off of here to make Gerald Ford the leader of michigan.

EDIT: Screenshot of Michigan (some things on here i'm still working on)

Spoiler :

I can name some good leaders for New York: Roosevelt's a given. I'd also suggest Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, or Fiorello LaGuardia.

The UB would be the British Stock Exchange, and the flag decal would have an apple.

Is Michigan's UB the Assembly Plant from the German civ? That would be ideal.

I wonder if there's some art of a wolverine. That would make an excellent decal of Michigan.

Edit: Just found one. Didn't take me long to make the flag.

I can name some good leaders for New York: Roosevelt's a given. I'd also suggest Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, or Fiorello LaGuardia.

The UB would be the British Stock Exchange, and the flag decal would have an apple.

Is Michigan's UB the Assembly Plant from the German civ? That would be ideal.

I wonder if there's some art of a wolverine. That would make an excellent decal of Michigan.

Fixed now.

For UU's try going through US military history and see what each state contributed to the military as a whole. For example, Washington States's might be some kind of naval unit, since Seattle has a major naval presence.

The UU for michigan will be the Wolverine, a nick name for the Michigan Cavalry Brigade.

How about New Mexico, with Bill Richardson as leader and Area 51 as a UB (replaces Laboratory)?

Another thing, I think the civics should be retooled to correspond to the US. I don't believe any American leader would ever think of installing Police State or State Property.

Also, we should change the religions for the mod. We should split Christianity into some denominations (Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian and Mormon come to mind), and keep Judaism as well.

Sounds a good idea for a mod, I'm not from the States but it still sounds interesting. One point though, surely New York would have the New York Stock Exchange (or Wall Street) and not the British Stock Exchange?

White Sands Military base is in New Mexico not Groom Lake madman... That is in Nevada... I would say make the new mexico uu a pot smuggler(+2hap/+xxx gold destroy's unit, similar to a caravan unit from romk) maybe some form of late game missile(white sands after all) or nuke(Los Alamos/Trinity)...

I forgot Area 51 was in Nevada. I guess I confused it with Roswell.

There's a California mod.

Here's an idea: Florida. The flag could be an Orange, and the UB could be an Amusement Park.

Or Minnesota. The UB could be the Mayo Clinic and the leadert could be Hubert Humphrey. I think he's the Minnesotan who's gotten closest to the presidency.

Tennessee? Obviously the UB could be music-related. And we've got a good Andrew Jackson LH.

Arkansas could have a building with a bonus if you have diamonds. The leaders could be Clinton and Huckabee.

Yeah, that would be nice. Most states could have you select between a Democrat and a Republican. For example Alaska could have you choose between Palin and Gravel. For Georgia, how about Carter and Gingrich? And Illinois would have Lincoln and Obama.

Also, why don't we take some of the Firaxis UB? We could use England's stock exchange as an UB for New York, or Germany's assembly plant for Michigan.

I've already done ten flags for U.S. states.

New York: An Apple
Michigan: A Wolverine
Wisconsin: A Badger
Oregon: The Beaver from the flag's reverse
Colorado: The Big "C" from the flag
Texas: A Longhorn
Utah: A Bee
Ohio: The ring from the flag
Idaho: A Potato
Alaska: The Big Dipper as seen in the flag

Top Bottom