I need buttons!!!

For earth how about a bulkier sort of turtle shell looking blade(s), likes stones mortared together if you know what i mean.

first of all, a contribute to the best buttons of the world ;)
well, for earth, dont know if it is too small, but perhaps put the weapon relief into a mountanpeak background (hope you know what i mean).
And for Wind, well like he said a cyclone or some "bands of air" spinning around the weapon.

the skins are actually made by me ;) so i like the hero ;)

YABOB - Yet another batch of buttons :D

These are, in order of appearance, water sphere, blessed rain, earth mover (which I hope looks like a hovering boulder and not a fluffy cloud ;)) and freeze (represented by falling ice shards).

I also attached an image of a possible earth sword, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• mibatch5.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 80
All are sweet rabbit. Earth sword looks good. I don't know how you do it. All these will be going into the mod. Definately love the stuff. Thankyou kindly.

TheNewSaint said:
All are sweet rabbit. Earth sword looks good. I don't know how you do it.
Earth sword was the easy part, the real challange will be the earth staff. I mean, how do you make a 4-pixel wide line (the staff) look like it's made of stone. :wallbash:

:D

Anyway, I'm gonna post the next batch tomorrow night.

P.S. A thought just occured to me, does "earth" have to necessarily imply stone or is it ok if it's more of a "woods-y" approach (think Druids)? I was thinking of maybe having vines wrapped around the staff, how's that?

Great job Rabbit, those are some sharp buttons. A lot of them look better than the ones that come with the game.

Hmmm.... Vines around staff might wirk, I'll have to see it. I'm sure it would...

Ok, small batch this time, just earth punch and earth sword. Also, I posted samples of earth skin and earth staff, two variations of which, tell me which ones you prefer TheNewSaint.

Attachments

• mibatch6.zip
    18 KB · Views: 72
Love the earth fist and swords. I am leaning towards the second ones on both earth skin and staff, for the first staff looks kinda clublike...

Keep up the good work though. You have been talked about in many threads (including the Fall from Heaven one), in case you didn't know, as a person of great artistic abilities. And they're right.

TheNewSaint said:
Love the earth fist and swords. I am leaning towards the second ones on both earth skin and staff, for the first staff looks kinda clublike...
Yeah I thought that might be the issue with the first staff. To be honest though I'm not entirely happy with the second one. I'm gonna play around with it see what else I can come up with.

TheNewSaint said:
Keep up the good work though. You have been talked about in many threads (including the Fall from Heaven one), in case you didn't know, as a person of great artistic abilities. And they're right.
Well gee I'm flattered, but to paraphrase a famous quote - the rumours of my artistic abilities were greatly exaggerated. :D

P.S. I'll try to get another batch this evening.

OK, here we go, this is air spells - Levitate, Airstrike, Wind Pushback and Cyclone. There are two variations of Wind Pushback, and I also went in a slightly different direction with Levitate but I think it turned out well.

I also came up with three more variations of the earth staff. I posted a sample pic together with the old "vines" version, let me know which one you prefer TheNewSaint.

Attachments

• mibatch7.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 73
These are the earth axe and mace, plus the earth skin spell. Also, some of the earth skin buttons have variations.

Attachments

• mibatch8.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 74
keep up the good work Rabbit !

Ok, I'm officially suspending this project since I haven't heard from saint in a while. However, if anyone is interested in some more buttons feel free to send me a PM.

I'm sorry Rabbit. I have barely had time to even browse the thread. All the buttons in the last batch looked fantastic, as usual. Keep up the good work, and I'm sorry for my leave of absence (end of the grading period you know) :)

Whoa!!! I went straight to the bottom post and didnt see the wind spells and earth staff. They are so uber!!! the 3rd and 4th from left are the best for staff, I think, but the second from left would be good for a nature type thing. I guess I would have to go with the 3rd from the left as my favorite. You continue to amaze me, Rabbit. With these buttons, it's not a matter of choosing between good art and bad art, it's a matter of good art and great art.

Ok, these are the light/dark magic, wind dagger/staff, earth staff and archmagistry buttons.

I had a lot of trouble with light/dark magic - just couldn't find a way to represent light and dark while staying consistent with the theme of promo' buttons. So I went with holy theme for light and pentagram for dark (and yes I know pentagram does not necessarily symbolize evil but I guess that's where the suspension of disbelief comes in :)).

Archmagistry was another difficult one, I just couldn't make the colors work. I went instead with a kind of a alchemy theme (beaker -> chemistry -> alchemy :)). Saint, if it's not what you had in mind I'll give it another try, maybe you have some ideas about how it can be done.

Attachments

• mibatch9.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom