I want to help this mod

You cant stress enough how important writing is. Language, Writing, Printing Press, Internet etc, techs that allow people to communicate, store and access knowledge are the grease for the wheel of innovation. Sure, you can go to mid renaissance or further without writing, but its also a question of how likely this is. Dont you think that at one point, somebody will figure out that such a simple "tech" could enhance their lives so much that they just do it anyways? You can also go very far without hunting, fishing, cooking, fire making, the wheel... but these things are so convenient, that I suspect at one point, it is basically given that a certain tech is developed.

Bla bla bla, enough smart-assing, having building prereqs for techs is just plain awesome and Id love to see it in game! :)
Would also be a nice feat to give more meaning to the various lab buildings you can build in ren. and later areas.
First off, language is not the same as writing. It is possible to forget one but still do the other. Although I believe it is reading of writing that is possible not the writing itself. There are many examples of people forgetting how to speak a language but can still read it. Similarly language is possible without writing. So don't get the two confused.

See

These gitbhub issues are done.
Add Remapping code for YieldTypes #83
Add Remapping code for CommerceTypes #82

Units are tough to mod but the community was working on tons of them and we've found some sources from other games but the graphics and animations are still something we struggle with that I'm about to have to overcome the challenge of learning how to do efficiently.

The animated leaders were possibly removed due to some not being animated and to align the rest with them but largely due to memory usage - they are heavy and we didn't want to burden the mod's data load with them as many of us didn't feel the animations brought as much to the table as Firaxis must have felt they did to include them in the first place.

Otherwise it's all pretty much on point except that AND and C2C have grown so far now in different directions that you can't anymore really say we're a sub-mod of them now. We certainly did grow out of that root though.

Units are tough to mod but the community was working on tons of them and we've found some sources from other games but the graphics and animations are still something we struggle with that I'm about to have to overcome the challenge of learning how to do efficiently.

The animated leaders were possibly removed due to some not being animated and to align the rest with them but largely due to memory usage - they are heavy and we didn't want to burden the mod's data load with them as many of us didn't feel the animations brought as much to the table as Firaxis must have felt they did to include them in the first place.

Otherwise it's all pretty much on point except that AND and C2C have grown so far now in different directions that you can't anymore really say we're a sub-mod of them now. We certainly did grow out of that root though.
Animated leaders were removed mosty because they made the download way too big;). Memory was a lesser consideration. Once the decision was made it allowed the inclusion of all those non-animated leaders and after all C2C is about MORE:lol:.

because they made the download way too big
Memory has multiple term applications. That the download was too big is the same as saying they were costing too much memory. Not RAM memory, but overall mod space for the download memory.

Here's copy paste from a current pr. It confused me when I went to switch it.

Code:
bool CvSelectionGroup::visibilityRange() const
{
    int iMaxRange = 0;

for (unit_iterator unitItr = beginUnits(); unitItr != endUnits(); ++unitItr)
    {
        const int iRange = (*unitItr)->visibilityRange();
        if (iRange > iMaxRange)
        {
            iMaxRange = iRange;
        }
    }

return iMaxRange;

// Matt: Why search for max, then return bool?
    return algo::any_of(units(), CvUnit::fn::visibilityRange() > 0);
}

Yeah, that looks confusing, you gotta look at how other code use the return value of that function, see if you can spot what the other code expects to get from it.
Maybe the return should be the int max range, but who knows, is it only called within an "if statement" without a comparator (<, >=, ==, !=) . . .? Or is the value used as an int there. . .?

Last edited:
The function isn't actually called from anywhere as far as I could see.
bool CvSelectionGroup::visibilityRange() const
You could just delete it I think.

This variant is the only one used in code:
int CvUnit::visibilityRange(const CvPlot* pPlot) const

To work on c++ code you will need to fork our git repository, as that is where you'll find our dll's source files, .cpp and .h. We also have bat files that will compile the current source files automatically for you so that anyone on any windows computer can compile a dll without any knowledge of programming whatsoever.

SVN will suffice if you're only going to work on python modding, as python code are just txt files that the exe interprets at run time as code, meaning there are no hidden source files, the source files are the same as the working files needed by the mod to work.
SVN doesn't include files that are not needed for the game to work, like the dll source files.

Thank you :D. I'll check out the Git and have a look!

Hello everyone,
I would like to update the spanish translation. As I read here, someone should add me as a project contributor if I want to update files.
Thunderbrd is at the moment busy and told me to ask here.

Thank you

Moderator Action: Moved to an appropriate thread. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I would like to update the spanish translation. As I read here, someone should add me as a project contributor if I want to update files.
Thunderbrd is at the moment busy and told me to ask here.

Thank you

Moderator Action: Moved to an appropriate thread. leif
The git repo and setup guide is here:

We typically have new contributors go thru pull requests the first few times before giving write access. Are you familiar with git/github?

Also, you may wish to check out the discord (see signature) for faster responses, devs tend to be more active there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom