Ice Scenarios

jimi12

Half Jedi
I know i am probably getting a little ahead of myself since the team definetly has other work right now, are all the plots for the scenarios are already designed?

Also, are all the scenarios going to take place in the Age of Rebirth, or will some take place in the Age of Magic or Dragons or Ice? or perhaps will some span between multiple ages? such as mans struggle to forge a new beginning immediatly following the withdrawel of the gods right after the compact? thanks.

Reasonably certain that they have let spill a precise number of how many Scenarios there will be, so I would say that they are indeed already all written up (as a draft). Especially since they already knew what mechanics they would need to have available to make them (which is what was the guiding "light at the end of the tunnel" for the design spec of each phase).

I can't recall precisely, but I am certain that they stated there are some scenarios between the AoI Scenario and the Age of Rebirth, but also some from other stories.

There is some rough outlines and thoughts on each, but not, in most cases, more than that.
The plan is to sketch out a story arc in the age of Rebirth which most of the scenarios will contribute to directly, and the rest have some indirect effects.

It may be worth clicking the espionage button in 0.31.

Does that mean that it s being reused for the scenario screen?

That could be a problem when I get around to implementing my divination/subterfuge espionage system in my modmod (not that I've figured out how to do it yet anyway)

Does that mean that it s being reused for the scenario screen?

That could be a problem when I get around to implementing my divination/subterfuge espionage system in my modmod (not that I've figured out how to do it yet anyway)

Yeah, we arent maintaining the espionage screen (not that its a big deal to setup that screen in your mod mod) but in FfH main I want that space on the button bar. Theres no reason to leave a button for something we arent going to use.

I would like to see a 2.0 version of Age of Ice, one more fully integrated with the current build of FFH II.

Please say that you are changing the appearance though, and that we aren't clicking on the Red & Black espionage button for Scenario screen or whatnot :)

Its still the espioange button right now, but only because it hasnt been replaced yet.

As long as you plan to :) Actually I wouldn't mind if the entire Interface screen button set got changed out. Only really thinking about it because I just recently figured out precisely what I was doing wrong when I first tried to change it all up.

What scenario screen are you exactly talking about?

those scenarios look pretty interesting... do we get a small hint at content any time soon :please:?

thomas

those scenarios look pretty interesting... do we get a small hint at content any time soon :please:?

thomas

Nope, thats all up in the air right now (we obviosuly have high level plots and characters worked out, but who knows, even those may change). One of the most exciting things we are doing is that there are 3 main sceries of scenarios among those 18. I am only the lead design for 1 of them. Nikis-Knight is in charge of one of the paths and Wilboman is in charge of one of them. I think that helps give them a very different feel and I think different players are going to prefer different sorts of scenarios.

This is such a crazy notion that I think I'm going to put badidea tags around it.

[badidea]

You know what would be a cool scenario idea for FfH? A barbarian scenario, ala Warlords. Being able to play a grand campaign with heroes such as Acheron, Orthus, and even the Four Horsemen, would be rather cool.

[/badidea]

This concludes my bad idea.

I'm intrigued by the interplay of the scenarios. By beating the scenario dealing with the infernals you make the infernal civilization weaker in all other scenarios? Awesome.

So, 0.31 was released. Is that the last step before the scenario finale (besides patches)? Are we really that close to a complete FFH II?

No, they just had some time to get some of the groundwork done for Ice which was necessary to properly convey to the rest of the Team how to proceed with planning Ice. Shadow still has much to do (the new unit from the Unit Contest isn't even in yet!)

Since they had finished up such work, they were nice enough to share with us, as a teaser :)

As for the "Interplay of the Scenarios" I am hoping that defeating certain ones gives an OPTION of lowering the difficulty of other ones. I would hate to miss out on seeing some of them at full force just because I accidentally did well on another one first.

If the trophy system is implemented as before, it should be easy to edit your results to, for example, turn off the win on fane of the lessers to return infernal activity to default.
Or else play the "optional" ones after the story arc ones.

(The scenario screen looks great, by the way!)

Top Bottom