Ideas needed: Common Events

Bountiful Harvest

Requires: An arable crop.

The harvest this year is especially fruitful.

* That's good news. {+X food in one city}
* Hold a festival in honour of our patrons. {Requires FoL} {+1 Happiness in all cities for 10 turns.}

Sunken Homes
Requires: None
A local builder has developed a new technique in construction that could help with defenses by having the first floor of the building become half entrenched in the earth.

- Good. Aid the builders plans to help our defenses. (City gains +10% cultural Defense)
- (Req: Luchiurp) It seems our people are not yet ready to abandon our ancestral home. Fund his endeavors. (-X gold, +1 Happiness in city)
- (Req: Evil) Our people live in pits anyway. Who cares? (nothing happens)
- (Req: Amurites) The builder knows the way of the earth well. He may know some earth magic, seek him out and have him spread his knowledge. (-Moderate sum of gold, recieve Adept with Earth 1 and Weak promotioins. Random unit in the tile also gains Channeling 1 and Earth 1)
- (Req: Elder Council) He is a wise man indeed. Offer him a seet on the council so that we may benefit from his expertise. (Council provides +1 Hammer)

Spirit Well
Requires: A single unit above level 2
Sir, our [Unit] has inspired the people against all odds of this age, renewing our hope.
-Wonderful. Ensure that he is remembered. (Construct a Monument)
-Inpsiring, you say? Fund the creation of a grand monument so that all may see his glory. (- a small sum of gold, Recieve a permanent Hope effect in the city)
-Congratulate the [Unit]. He deserves praise as a national icon. (Unit+1 EXP, +2 culture in the city)

Bridgekeeper

Your unit has come across a bridgekeeper in the area,he askes what the speed of a Laden Swallow is.

1:10 miles an hour
2:20 miles an hour
3:30 miles an hour
4:Is it a Sheaim Swallow or a Bannor Swallow?

Nature Node

reqs: Forest in your borders

A forest near (nearest city name) has been observed to be unusually lush and green. The citizens rumor that the trees walk there at night.

- Leave the forest be. It won't be any harm. (+1 food on tile, +1 happiness and health in nearest city)
- Send our mages to harness the power that must lie there. (reqs Alteration, 75% chance to have nature mana pop appear on the tile, separate: 30% chance for weak monster spawn, 10% chance for strong monster spawn)
- We must extract the power that lies in the forest at all costs! Drain all of it out! (reqs KotE? spawns raw mana on the tile, 40% for weak monster spawn, 40% chance for strong monster spawn)
- This is a gift of Cernunnos. Leave it be. (reqs religion: Fellowship of leaves, 50% for nature mana spawn, +1 food on the tile, converts forest to ancient forest, +1 happy and health in all of your cities, starts a golden age)

weak monster spawn: up to five bears
strong monster spawn: up to three treants

Brothers, if even half of the Events listed made it into the game, FFH2's longevity would be greatly increased.

I fear though that the gods have turned their faces away from the forum and no longer hear our prayers.

Well, FfH is in FeatureLock, so I doubt that these would be able to make it in unless a ModMod was made. Even then, 27 pages of events is quite a hefty code load.

Brothers, if even half of the Events listed made it into the game, FFH2's longevity would be greatly increased.

I fear though that the gods have turned their faces away from the forum and no longer hear our prayers.

If the gods listen not, then it falls to mere men to complete mighty tasks. Handsome, fearless men of heroic proportion no doubt - but men none the less. I speak of the legendary modmodder.

If the gods listen not, then it falls to mere men to complete mighty tasks. Handsome, fearless men of heroic proportion no doubt - but men none the less. I speak of the legendary modmodder.

Referring to Magister, or somebody else? Cause if it IS Magister, then I doubt that FfH will survive long enough for him to finish his modmod.

FfH will live forever!

Event Ork for Hire.

A well armed Ork is camping outside the city. After a few days he comes to the gates and shouts: "Gimme food, i fight for you"

Option 1 Give him food, get a ork (- Food in city)
Option 2 "let him suffer!" a barbarian spawns next to the city.
Option 3 (with slavery) "Work for your Food" gain a Orkslave

I for one wouldn't mind seeing more water-based events. For example:
Becalmed
Requires: A naval unit on an Ocean tile
An eerie calm has settled over the ocean. The waves have been stilled, the wind has ceased to blow, and our ship drifts aimlessly without so much as a breeze to fill her sails.
- There is nothing we can do but wait. (Units on that tile are immobile for 1 turn)
- Have an adept in Wind magic conjure a gale to get the ship moving again. (Requires Air mana [and possibly Knowledge of the Ether as well?]; the units are able to move normally)

And another, less "common" event idea:
Ghost ship
Requires: A coastal city (with a Harbor?); could also be modified to happen to a ship at sea
A mysterious ship has drifted into the harbor of [city name]. It appears to be in good condition, but it flies the flag of no known nation, and its crew is nowhere to be seen. So far, no one has emerged from the ship, and the townsfolk have not dared to approach it, fearing that it may be cursed.
- They are superstitious cowards. Order them to board the ship and claim it for our own. (Receive a free ship of an appropriate type, along with a chance of one of several additional effects):
The rotting remains of the crew emerge from below decks to defend their ship. (Several Drown units [or worse] spawn outside the city)
The crew are found within the ship, dead of an unknown disease. (Greatly increased unhealthiness in the city for several turns)
A lone crewman is found hiding within the ship, incoherent and violently insane. (Receive a free Lunatic)
The ship is deserted, but holds much valuable cargo. (Receive a modest cash prize)
A mysterious map is found in the captain's quarters. (Reveal the location of a treasure chest [or dungeon?])
As several townspeople board the ship, it shudders and sinks suddenly into the water, taking them with it. (Lose the ship, gain unhappiness in the city for several turns)​
- They are wise to be prudent. Scuttle the ship, so that whatever curse claimed its crew will not spread to the town. (No effect, bad or good)

I'm not too concerned with whether these make it into the game (although that would be nice); I just get a kick out of thinking them up.

Referring to Magister, or somebody else? Cause if it IS Magister, then I doubt that FfH will survive long enough for him to finish his modmod.

Marnok, you ARE a legendary modmodder! You actually got your's featured in FfH itself!

Korias: HA! that's funny.

I would really like Magister to publish his modmod now,How long has he been working on it by the way?

At least since FfH II .24 For a while I, and many others, actually thought he was going to pull it off, and he had a release even.

Civ has COE as state religion, and has researched Medicine

"Whilst many of the Grigori have turned their back on the Gods, not all have turned their back on gold - we can secure you the services of a Grigori Medic for 200 gold"

We cannot afford this
Get him on the payroll!

Civ switches from COE as state religion, and has a Grigori Medic
Our Grigori Medic has declared us worshippers of false idols!
- Medic(s) turns barbarian

Edit: Ooh one addition

Civ has COE, and on the death of a Grigori Medic
"We see that you have been rather careless with the last Medic we found for you, we have another for hire...but this time it will cost you 400 gold"

We cannot afford that
You drive a hard bargain

Last edited:
Like Etc, I just enjoy thinking these up, even if they don't make it into the mod.

Upright Citizens' Brigade #1

"A group of upright citizens in [city name] has banded together and formed a brigade." [Receive 1 worker (50% chance), 1 scout (35% chance), or 1 warrior (15% chance).]

Upright Citizens' Brigade #2 (Required the first event to have taken place in the city)

"The Upright Citizens' Brigade in [city name] is rumored to have grown active." [City experiences a random minor effect, e.g., +/- 1:), +/- 1:health:, +/- 25 :hammers:, +/- 50 :science:, +/- 50 :gold:, +/- 25 :culture:, +/- 50 :gp:, food stores increase/decrease by 10%, a unit in the city becomes Mutated, etc.]

The Illian cycle

Event 1
Requires: Last Illian city captured/destroyed

The Illians are no more, but the chill of their memory still lingers: location gives access to Ice mana

Event 2
Requires No Illian Civ, Adept/Mage casting Ice magic (not a Hero/Archmage) outside of a City: 1% chance

"As Ice magic is tapped, a bitter chill wind sweeps those present. Wintnesses later claim to have heard a haunting voice and were struck by a malaise as the caster doubled over. Many initially thought that insanity had struck him, but after some time of sobbing and wild cries he slowly climbed back to his feet. But now there was no sign of a man tormented, there stood a man with purpose. There was confliction amongst the witness reports, but one thing struck a chord - his eyes - none could remember being so struck in such a way by those steely blue eyes before, some even claimed that they had changed colour. All were certain that this was not the man they had known previously"

1% chance the unit become possesed by the spirit of Mulcarn - unit switches to new Illian civilization (player perhaps given opportunity to switch to them?), stoneskin promotion, and granted a one off spell that will summon 2-5 random frostling units and 0-1 Priest of Winter. Upon creation, all non Illian units within 3 tiles are given the slow promotion.

Event 2
Requires No Illian Civ, Adept/Mage casting Ice magic (not a Hero/Archmage) outside of a City: 1% chance

"As Ice magic is tapped, a bitter chill wind sweeps those present. Wintnesses later claim to have heard a haunting voice and were struck by a malaise as the caster doubled over. Many initially thought that insanity had struck him, but after some time of sobbing and wild cries he slowly climbed back to his feet. But now there was no sign of a man tormented, there stood a man with purpose. There was confliction amongst the witness reports, but one thing struck a chord - his eyes - none could remember being so struck in such a way by those steely blue eyes before, some even claimed that they had changed colour. All were certain that this was not the man they had known previously"

1% chance the unit become possesed by the spirit of Mulcarn - unit switches to new Illian civilization (player perhaps given opportunity to switch to them?), stoneskin promotion, and granted a one off spell that will summon 2-5 random frostling units and 0-1 Priest of Winter. Upon creation, all non Illian units within 3 tiles are given the slow promotion.

Would this also spawn a Settler for the new Illian player?

Top Bottom