Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Moin,

has there ever been the plan to establish espionage (like in Orbis), spies, great spies for Rife? I think Sephi isn't working on any plan for WM 9.0, at least I can't remember it... have you guys ever thought of it. Civ 4 has everything already developed, Orbis has it already adopted so it shouldn't be a huge problem. And AI is using it quite well in Orbis. Maybe you guys could offer it via a module or gameoption. Espionage should be a part of a Fantasymodmod.

Greez,

Tschuggi

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdALd3TwFjopZGhqdzVrajZfMjFoZnI3NjJmcQ&hl=en

Thought about it extensively. Pretty much decided not to do it.

Yay, I have an idea: Make Mokka's Cauldron portable! (Like Acheron's hoard or Akharien's crown). But first, that wonder must be fixed.

Another: Please, an option to auto-promote workers. Also fix Hardy promo, since they'got no defense values, such promo doesn't work.
Thanks.----

Auto-promoted workers will likely come. Like Odalrick said, check out odmod. The way he did it was quite simple. :goodjob:

Honestly, once 1.5 is out with the unitpass, where each unitcombat will have 3 core promotion lines and then several 'side' promos, we'll likely expand that mechanic to regular units as well.

Cough, cough, odmod.

Actually there is a minor conflict with the Mekara mod; and fixing it will make the launcher report a conflict. Ah, the joys of modding.

Conflicts can be fixed EASILY, it just takes both modders to agree to do it. Just have to list the other mod in your info.txt document; Check out the MPL document to see how.

are there any plans to change the mercurians? they wont get a new leader either. are they regarded as done?

There are plans to entirely redesign the way they get angels. Other than that, not really.

Auto-promoted workers will likely come. Like Odalrick said, check out odmod. The way he did it was quite simple. :goodjob:

OK; but what do you think about Mokka's Cauldron being portable? Could happen? (It is a Cauldron, after all, a unit should be able to take it, no?)

The only way I'd do that would be Mokka himself carried it. However, he comes too early for that.

one could implement that easy with a pseudo-wonder.
like mokka carrying a promotion called "Broken Cauldron"(im thinking of barnaxus...) which can dropped in a city as usual, building the wonder "Broken Cauldron" (which gives few to none bonus) but prerequisite for "Reinfuse the Cauldron"-Ritual/Building available at necromancy, giving the actual cauldron bonus.

/edit: and if i write "one could...easy" im talking of you or anyone else with coding skills doing it :p

you could let mokka carry the cauldron in some weak form and then place the cauldron in a city. that building would be the prereq for mokka's cauldron wonder

at the moment the cauldron is somehow broken. i attacked the sheaim city and got python exception after python exception :D and every unit got revived infinitely

Conflicts can be fixed EASILY, it just takes both modders to agree to do it. Just have to list the other mod in your info.txt document; Check out the MPL document to see how.

Yeah, I know. I just thought is was funny that the conflict exists without the launcher picking it up. Only by resolving it will it pick up that there is something there, which of course there isn't.

Yeah, I know. I just thought is was funny that the conflict exists without the launcher picking it up. Only by resolving it will it pick up that there is something there, which of course there isn't.

Eh. That's because the conflict checking is very light, and only checks TYPE tags. :p

The only way I'd do that would be Mokka himself carried it. However, he comes too early for that.

Mokka spawns as a Barb (So I don't think anyone could own Mokka himself)... My intention is that wonder could be portable, like Syliven's perfect lyre, dragon hoard, and Chrown of Akharien.
So that you could make the wonder in any city, and, to take advantage of such bonus, you could put it in a city in danger or with many casualties.
Actually (If I ignore the fact that they are now broken) Mokka's cauldron is only useful on endangered cities.
This could, perhaps, bring another cool tactic?.

You ain't lying about THAT! In my last game Mokka and his gang showed up on Turn 18!

That's because AFAIK the first thing Illians do when game start, is start Samhaim Ritual.

Mokka spawns as a Barb (So I don't think anyone could own Mokka himself)... My intention is that wonder could be portable, like Syliven's perfect lyre, dragon hoard, and Chrown of Akharien.
So that you could make the wonder in any city, and, to take advantage of such bonus, you could put it in a city in danger or with many casualties.
Actually (If I ignore the fact that they are now broken) Mokka's cauldron is only useful on endangered cities.
This could, perhaps, bring another cool tactic?.

That's because AFAIK the first thing Illians do when game start, is start Samhaim Ritual.

I meant that if the Cauldron was portable, it would then start with Mokka; It would not be buildable.

Mokka could spawn randomly via event in games without Illians, like Acheron. (But in mid game, and with a small army of Frostlings, so it doesn't die 10 turns after spawn.).
And perhaps, make Samhain to not spawn Mokka at all. Perhaps create some Frostling there and here. So Mokka could be reachable for everyone.

Didn't Mokka had a city of his own in the official Age of Ice scenario? The one in the northern reaches of the map.

EDIT: Perhaps Mokka could spawn during world creation, already occupying a barbarian city or just a ruin, much like Brigit does.

EDIT 2: Maybe even Letum Frigus?

Mokka could spawn randomly via event in games without Illians, like Acheron. (But in mid game, and with a small army of Frostlings, so it doesn't die 10 turns after spawn.).
And perhaps, make Samhain to not spawn Mokka at all. Perhaps create some Frostling there and here. So Mokka could be reachable for everyone.

Thing is.. I don't think it makes much sense for mokka to be in a game if the global climate isn't being cooled by the actions of the illians. Arn't the rituals based on the return of the world to winter? I thought the frostlings only turn up when this process begins.

Top Bottom