If you made a Superman movie, what would the plot be?

And I have the perfect enemy race of GDRs........DUN DUN DUN Nanites! Tiny Death Robots vs Giant Death Robots! The film of the century!

So the general thing that people want here is a combination of Batman, Giant Death Robots, Superman, and I'll second the vote of having Lobo in it.

I'm thinking that CFC should come together to make it's own film series.

I want one that makes Superman become evil, and Lex Luther be the good guy. Lex was great in the last movie! Radioactive monkeys WILL be included too.

And someone HAS to yell "Someone set us up the bomb!" when he's about to die.

nihilistic said:
The thing is, Superman simply has a crappy premise. His invulnerability to everything and superhuman power is what makes him boring to everyone but the kids. In contrast, Batman actually has to use wits (and technology) to overcome his enemies, which is a lot more interesting than simply walking through a hailstorm of bullets.

The single greatest superman tale i ever read was DC's and Alex Ross' opus Kingdom Come, in which the violence Superman smashed with his iron fists were a mere consequence of a more serious, political/sociological problem withoiut an easy solution. It was great fun to see superman portraited as someone who projected great confidence, but was in truth disoriented and confused, seen the escalation of a disaster he was simply uncapable of stoping.

I guess that an ivory tower is indeed a dull premisse, but it is also a greath height to fall from - and that is always interesting to see. ;)

Regards :).

DouglasFir said:
I'd like to see Lobo in a Superman movie so I would do a version of the two-parter "Main Men" episode that they did on Superman: The Animated Series. Basically an intergalactic collector or endangered species hires Lobo to capture Superman, the last son of Krypton, for his menagarie... Lobo and Superman go head to head and Lobo wins. After delivering Superman to the collector Lobo is double crossed and also added to the menagarie (after all Lobo, like Superman, is the last of his race - l'il Lobo killed everyone on his home planet of Czarnia before leaving to make his career as an intergalactic bounty hunter). Eventually the two have to work together to escape and Lobo has to promise never to bother Superman again - Lobo's fatal flaw is he's a man of his word and he'll never break a promise. All in all I think it would make a great live action film and then they could spin Lobo off into his own movie franchise!
Yeah! Lobo! :goodjob:

Forget that boring Superman. This crazy fella is way overdue with his own movie.

I loved the classical superman movie where Lex produces synthetical Kryptonite which makes Superman apathetic and depressive :)

My plot would include to show a more human, inperfect side of Superman - maybe morale dilemmas or becoming a schizo like in the comics where his dark side actually seeks vengeance on the criminals instead of putting them to the police for a fair trial. That and some hot scenes with Lois.

They'll need to find someone really hot to play Lois first. :D

Cheezy the Wiz said:
No contest, shortest movie EVER.

But Superman has Mcgyver on his side. Then it would take two ours to decide. And Batman and Robin would need to help Superman.

But the idea is great though. So many possibilities...

Top Bottom