If you made a Superman movie, what would the plot be?

Eukaryote

Deity
I read the thread about the new Superman movie that Mobboss posted and it gave me the idea to make this thread, so what would your Superman movie be about?

Plot of the Movie: The End Of Superman
My movie would feture a Superman who is not as invulnerble or powerful as he is in the the new movie or the last one. He'd be able to fly, have super strength, speed, reactions, and be able to withstand extreme tempertures. But he would not have some of the other powers he's been given over the years, like Heat vison, laser vison, bulletproofness, disease immunity, ablility to live without oxygen, ablity to withstand radiation, superbreath, and basic immortality. He'd also be older than he is in his other movies, in fact, the opening scene would be Clark Kent walking in on his surpirse 40th birthday party. Clark Kent would look youthful and full of energy but still have a few wrinkles and gray hairs.

Clark Kent is starting to accept the fact that he is getting older and is eager to retire form hero work, get married and finally start a familly. Well he's in luck. The next day on his crime patol he sees a women named Lois being pushed off a building and he flyes up and catches her. He experiances love at first sight and askes if he can take her out, but she has to promise she won't revial his secret idedity. She agrees.

6 Months later:
Clark Kent and his girlfriend Lois and madly in love.:love: His family has never seen him happier. He plans to retire from his hero work in a week and propose to Lois, his family knows he's going to propose. But there's a problem nobody counted on. A crime lord has had many problems with Superman getting in the way of everything, he's fed up and wants revenge. And when he stumbles upon loads of kryptonite, he takes it. He sends out all the mercanarys he can find and give each one a neclece with a bit of kryptonite on the pendant. It's an army, armed with the substance their enemy is weak to!:cringe: Thier mission, find Superman and Lois, and kill them.

From then on it's about Superman and Lois fighting, killing, and at one point running, from the mercanrys and figuring out who's behind it all. He's trying to protect himself, but more importantly, protect Lois. Eventully Superman holds up a mercanry agansit the wall and gets him to tell superman who's behind it all by threatening. In the thrilling climax Superman and the crime lord have a huge fight and superman kills the crime lord.

Then Lois seems very happy to know that it's all over, and there's this big romantic scene where Clark proposes to her and annonces his retirement from hero work.

1 year later.
Now there's a closing scene where Clark Kent and Lois get married that raps up the movie quite nicley.
Estimated Movie Lenghth: 2hours30minutes.

So, that's mine, tell me yours, and please tell me what you think of my movie writing skills.

i wanted to see that batman vs superman thing :(

all batman has is his incredibly large wallet but it'd sure hurt-papercuts etc.

Bright day
Geez and here I was going to say "watching Supes getting his arse kicked by Bats"...:(

The thing is, Superman simply has a crappy premise. His invulnerability to everything and superhuman power is what makes him boring to everyone but the kids. In contrast, Batman actually has to use wits (and technology) to overcome his enemies, which is a lot more interesting than simply walking through a hailstorm of bullets.

If you made a Superman movie, what would the plot be?

Plot:

Superman has returned. But much to his dismay, people laugh at his costume because its so 1930's. He embarks on a quest to find a new costume thats modern and stylish. He flies to all the fashion centers of the world, Paris, New York City, Rome etc, and tries to find the perfect designer for his crime fighting needs. What follows is a hair raising romp through the fashion capitals of Europe and beyond, which ends when, during an inseam measuring, he falls head over heels for Rene, a Parisian fashion designer.

1. Some alien threat comes to Earth; some of those other Krypton survivors, Doomsday, or just something new.
2. Alien threat causes a hell of a big problem.
2.5 Some Earth villain thinks of way to exploit situation. I'm thinking Joker, Lex Luthor would work too.
3. Superman removes alien threat after much work, or does he?
4. Crime lord reveals plan, kills many, kicks Superman around a bit either with Kryptonite or some superweapon thingy.
4.5. Batman cameo?
5. Superman gets angry. Very angry. Basically goes insane for a while and makes villain wish he's never been born.
6. ?
7. Profit?

Superman discovers dastardly villains plotting with the Soviets and the leftover undead Nazis in New Swabia as an opening scene, where he wrecks their plans with the aid of other heroes, sidekicks, and brave leathernecks and dogfaces.

Followed up by The Big One - WW3, with the Justice League taking the offensive and smashing the Red Threat for truth, justice and the American way. Climax of catching a nuclear bomber or missile, and throwing it out into space.

Include superhero action from the Golden Age, and conventional combat on land, sea and air.

Also save some little kiddies on earth, and show an inkling of care. But he has a job to do, so he leaves the young boys behind in the care of a tweed coated pipe smoking antipodean gentleman, and flies off to save the war and win the war.
Possibly include a trip into space to rescue some stranded Apollo astronauts, and help the good cosmonauts, leading to the liberation of Russia.

Concluding scene sees the Man of Steel flying above a massed fleet of USN and RN battleships, followed by a mass of B-52s and B-47s.

Superman discovers his powers are wasted on helping humanity and enslaves the world creating a fascist utopia.

Perfection said:
A Giant Death Robot smashes puny mortal Superman with its giant metal fists.

THE END!

Y'need to stretch it out a little bit. The producers probably wouln't go for a plot that small and one sided :p

Kan' Sharuminar said:
Y'need to stretch it out a little bit. The producers probably wouln't go for a plot that small and one sided :p
Screw the producers!

Maybe we could just use this as an opening scene of a Giant Death Robot movie, where Giant Death Robots fight each other in supremely awesome fashion!

Now that would be a movie!

Perfection said:
Screw the producers!

Maybe we could just use this as an opening scene of a Giant Death Robot movie, where Giant Death Robots fight each other in supremely awesome fashion!

Now that would be a movie!

Opening scene of a movie? Perfection, you think too small - opening scene of a movie trilogy is better.

Kan' Sharuminar said:
Opening scene of a movie? Perfection, you think too small - opening scene of a movie trilogy is better.
A trilogy of trilogies! :smug:

I would have Darksied (or however it's spelled) show up. Have Lex team up with Dark or more likely, have Lex blackmail/have something on Dark to force the team up.

The immortality of superman is merely the whole birthplace of comics. Good is immortal and will always win. As far as cliche, all comics are cliche. Even Batman.

BTW: The death of Superman, as much a hoax as it was, was the beginning of the end of the comic industry as a whole.

Here's my odd plot:
SUPERMAN: REFORMATION

It all starts hundreds of years ago...
A monk named Martin "Lex" Luther has started a reform in Christianity. The pope is angry and calls over SuperJesuitMan. They both start kicking tons of butt and then eventually they both lose. All that happens while the Muslims are just watching and they laugh.:lol:
SuperJesuitMan becomes pope, but 2 days later he died. Another short-lived pope. So heaven splits into Protestant and Catholic parts (a Simpsons joke) and the Teutonic Knights did not live happily ever after.:viking:

And that was :jesus: Superman:Reformation :jesus:

Sorry if this offends anyone:goodjob:

I'd like to see Lobo in a Superman movie so I would do a version of the two-parter "Main Men" episode that they did on Superman: The Animated Series. Basically an intergalactic collector or endangered species hires Lobo to capture Superman, the last son of Krypton, for his menagarie... Lobo and Superman go head to head and Lobo wins. After delivering Superman to the collector Lobo is double crossed and also added to the menagarie (after all Lobo, like Superman, is the last of his race - l'il Lobo killed everyone on his home planet of Czarnia before leaving to make his career as an intergalactic bounty hunter). Eventually the two have to work together to escape and Lobo has to promise never to bother Superman again - Lobo's fatal flaw is he's a man of his word and he'll never break a promise. All in all I think it would make a great live action film and then they could spin Lobo off into his own movie franchise!

Top Bottom