1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Iliad Quote from Bronze Working

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Inexist, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Inexist

Inexist Chieftain

I was trying to find which translation of the Iliad this specific quote in civ iv came from.

Here's the quote for reference, which King Piram says in book 22 as Hector goes out to fight Achilles:
    "It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by the bronze spear. In his death all things appear fair."

I've scoured the web and looked at the versions of the Iliad I have at home, but to no avail. If someone knows, could you say which translator its from and link a pdf if possible?

Thanks!

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! Hall of Fame Staff

3. Inexist

Inexist Chieftain

I found that thread but Butler's translation which was linked was different from the one in game. "When a young man falls by the sword in battle, he may lie where he is" is how it starts in Butlers version.
    I bet someone just reworded this specific quote to make it sound better than the more direct translations.