Immortal Cookbook II: Pericles of Greece

@Carl: I feel the same way... With a philo leader, you got GP anyways, so sometimes you just forgot to start the NE :lol:

In short, the thing I learned is the power of Hereditary Rule. I'm not entirely sure what to think about this, since HR is so far down a largely useless path. I hate to put effort into so many dumb techs. Still, it's undeniable that it is very very powerful. He has proved it. In fact, the big research advantage that ABCF has today is not because of his choice of capital location (I still think Snaaty found the best location of all and that mine is pretty much equivalent to the start) but rather because of his research path.

There's another thing about this game which is strange. We are Philosophical. So where in the Name of the Gods is the GP farm? Not one player, myself included, has ever had the semblance of one. At this level it's embarrassing. Really.

You dont have to research those religious techs, trade for them.

GP farm at this level is most useful when the game is tight and you absolutely need the GS in time for important bulbs, or competing for Lib race.

I used my first GS to build an Academy in capital, 2nd GS bulb Education, 3rd GS to start a GA to help infras building. When we have a tech advantage like that through sheer raw research power, additional GPs do not help much. Instead, focusing on hammers on the later stage and take over the world.

I do not believe you absolutely have to have anything in this game, including a GP farm. Rather focus on working the land available and choosing the right priorities.

You dont have to research those religious techs, trade for them.
I did of course. I never researched anything down the religious line at all (well, I did do the early ones to prevent wfyabta). I switched to HR at the same time as Bureau to save a turn. I forgot when I actually learned the tech but I think I was fairly close to CS at the time. Certainly past Currency. Possibly I might have switched earlier but it seemed wasteful. You must have self-searched it though. Did you?

When we have a tech advantage like that through sheer raw research power, additional GPs do not help much. Instead, focusing on hammers on the later stage and take over the world.
Good point.

You must have self-searched it though. Did you?

Yes, my capital was hitting the happy cap so quickly, so I self-researched Monarchy early. As a result, my capital got to grow and working more cottages early and did not spend much time stalling under happy cap.

IIRC, I switched to HR + OR (relation + production boost) on the same turn.

Hi :),

I found some time to finish this...

Spoiler :

I vassalized every AIs but Darius and got a domination in 1730 AD...

I started by Cathy:

Then Sury:

then Bismarck:

then Lincoln:

then Wang Kong

I reach domination while at war with Darius.
I used mainly cannons, cuirrasiers, and cavs for the job... with artis and infantrys in the end.

A couple of screenies:

Power at 1730:

GNP:

Production:

Demographics:

As I hadn't time for a detailed report, I let a set of saves at the end of each war if people are interested...

Thanks Carl for this game...
Cheers,

Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Immortal Civver Catherine II AD-1320.CivBeyondSwordSave
    345.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Immortal Civver II Sury AD-1470.CivBeyondSwordSave
    367.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Immortal Civver II Bis;qrck AD-1565.CivBeyondSwordSave
    388.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Immortal Civver II Lincoln AD-1625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    401.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Immortal Civver Wang II AD-1690.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Immortal Civver II AD-1730.CivBeyondSwordSave
    424.7 KB · Views: 54
Cool, I think I'll give that a go. I really enjoyed this Cookbook and learnt a lot from it. Especially from BigCivFan and Abegweit

Top Bottom