Immortal with spear

Nemesis Rex

Bane of Liberals
The Immortal in the game has bothered me since I first got it. The real Immortal carried a spear and shield not a sword.

Ifyou use this unit I would recommend changing him from a 4.2 swordsman to a either a 2.2 spearman or a spearman with+1Hit points.

Immortal

Attachments

• immortal.jpg
    immortal.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,159
:eek: Eeek! That preview is old, I've made the shield a more historically accurate figure eight type.

Attachments

• immortal2.jpg
    immortal2.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 3,872
Hooray! The Immortal is now vital correcto! Thanks Nemesis! :)

Yahoooo! Exactly what we needed! Fine shield.:goodjob: :thumbsup:

I don't suppose you could add a quiver and/or bow to the back, could you? This would be purely for aesthetics, there doesn't need to be a bow-firing animation.

Originally posted by zulu9812
I don't suppose you could add a quiver and/or bow to the back, could you? This would be purely for aesthetics, there doesn't need to be a bow-firing animation.

I left the sword scabbard on his back to emulate the quiver/bowcase. Not perfect, but a civscale I think it works well enough. The slight curve gives it the impression of a bowcase.

Honestly, I doubt anything I created would look any better.

Attachments

• imrun.jpg
    imrun.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,754
I just realized that I requested this unit a few weeks ago, you made it, I downloaded it, and forgot to say thanks!
Excellent unit, this is something that has been needed for a long time. Now the old immortal can be used as an eastern flavor unit.

Brilliant! :goodjob:

I added this unit to my game today, and realised that there where transparency issues with the pedia icons. You need to customize your palette so that the first/last two colours isn't used in the pic. I fixed these, thanks for the unit. :)

Attachments

• immortals_fixed_transparency_pcx.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 214
That unit looks very cool, espiaclly I like it that you used the correct shields :)

Top Bottom