Imperium Offtopicum V

Should this be considered an update, or just a view of the developing world map?
As of now, it's a general view of the world in general. As well as to help people who are just coming in instead of rummaging through posts to see if there desired territories have been taken or not (Given the fact that there are some ambiguity in some nation's claims). As Joe said, if becomes official when he makes the official statement

Mughal Empire

Capital: Agra, near Delhi
Leader: Babur the Wise
Government: Absolute power given to the Sultan; priests and nobles have equal power
Military: Standing army with early gunpowder, small navy
Color: Maroon
Style: Diplomatic and technologically-orienteered people. Focuses on domination of the sub-continent and knowledge.
Religion: Islam is the state religion, but Free Religion is allowed.

Income: 10 gold/turn
Civilian tech: 1
Military Tech 1
Army, Navy: 0, 0

Attachments

• chola.jpg
    chola.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 99
About what? It's all explained in the rules.

Greetings, contestants...

Yes, that's my GM voice.

A word on armies. I noticed most of you have already taken advantage of your free first army and navy. A reminder that THESE WILL COST UPKEEP. You don't have to recruit your military right away, if you want to maximize your income (just a hint). Of course, it's your choice.

Can you spend any money turn 1?

As Joecoolyo said, this is only the pre-game stage. When he updates, we'll be in turn one, and you'll get your first lot of income.

According to the rules, you can only propose one agreement per turn.

That's almost correct. You are limited to ONE agreements from the following per turn (from now on I'll refer to them as the Big Four):

- Defensive Pact
- Guarantee of Independence
- Joining Alliance
- Declaration of War

Additionally, you are also limited to ONE embargo each turn.

So, you are limited to one of the Big Four, and one embargo, each turn. However, there are no limits on how many you can cancel each turn. EVERYTHING ELSE (this includes trade agreements) IS RP-ONLY and there are no limits on how many you can sign each turn.

... and I'm already confused.

Well, VM or PM a GM if you have any questions. :)

We acknowledge India, in addition to everyone else, except the Pope, who is a joke nation.

Byzantium is currently the leading Eastern Orthodox nation. (i know russia is there but he didnt state his religion), equal to the status of the pope. do you regard me as a joke nation?

A word on armies. I noticed most of you have already taken advantage of your free first army and navy. A reminder that THESE WILL COST UPKEEP. You don't have to recruit your military right away, if you want to maximize your income (just a hint). Of course, it's your choice.

So we just post a map detailing where we want our army/navy?

Byzantium is currently the leading Eastern Orthodox nation. (i know russia is there but he didnt state his religion), equal to the status of the pope. do you regard me as a joke nation?

Isn´t there no real leader to Orthodoxy? I might be wrong though, I know a lot more about Catholicism.

The Orthodox is not as powerful as it was before. The Byzantine Emperor and myself have agreeded to a compromise suiting us both.

And to the heretics, why are we the joke nation?

Isn´t there no real leader to Orthodoxy? I might be wrong though, I know a lot more about Catholicism.

there is no real leader, in this history, Jerusalem was the most senior leader, followed by Antioch, Constantinople and Rome (i might be missing a few), but to repeat the phrase:

Historical accuracy be damned.

using that, and using the fact that no one officially proclaimed to be eastern Orthodox, i hereby claim to be the leader of Eastern orthodoxy. by the way we are equal to the pope. but i am obviously the less powerful one.

To: Japan, Mali, and all so called "heavens" of the world.

If we do not band together, we will be crushed by the opposing forces of the Catholic and Orthodox world. We must form some sort of union much like the Papal States are doing in Europe. Of course, it being pre-game, we are not aloud to make any sort of dimplomacy whatsoever. However, I propose that we start the disscusion of creating trade agreements, open borders with each other, defensive pacts, and so forth that would be put to use when the game starts in order to keep ourselves away from certain destruction.

to: The Empire of the Nile

we do not consider you Muslims a heathen people. but, dealing with heathens will damage our relations. please reconsider.

To: Heretic Everywhere

Aside from the heathen of Japan, we seek little quarrel with you unless your actions and words are those of heretics. While we may oppose each other/limit your dealing with the faithful, and while Our Father favors those who pray to him, we can walk forward in peace for now.

Our Father bless you, if you may accept this.

to: The GREAT Empire of the Nile

we do not consider you Muslims a heathen people. but, dealing with heathens will damage our relations. please reconsider.

To: Bysantine Empire

While our mighty empire does not consider those of the Christian faith "heavens", we also do not wish to witness another crusade. By banding together, we ( and by that I mean I, as no other nation has yet to accept my offer) believe we can stand a better chance of survival in the situtation of the Pope and his followers denying trade with those of the Islamic faith. This, however, does not mean we (again, I) do not wish to trade with the Christian world. In fact, we support an increase of trade with the Christians. Only those who wish to cause harm should fear.
To: Heretic Everywhere

Aside from the heathen of Japan, we seek little quarrel with you unless your actions and words are those of heretics. While we may oppose each other/limit your dealing with the faithful, and while Our Father favors those who pray to him, we can walk forward in peace for now.

Our Father bless you, if you may accept this.

To: His holiness, the Pope

Our (my) actions are only those of defence. If you wish to make those of the Islamic faith suffer, we will look towards those of the Islamic faith for support. If you do not wish us harm, as your post implies, we look forward to peace and trade with the Christian world.

Both the Byzantine Emperor and Brazil have asked for a crusade, one right now, and one in the distant future.

I turned them both down.

See my wall, and all the conversations I've had. Did I come as aggressive to you?

EDIT: My current position of trading with heathens might change. Or my successor might change it. I'm a old man. My life here on Earth is coming to an end soon. Perhaps my successor will change things up a bit, but I am content for now.

I try to keep my out-of-game stuff away from my roleplaying.

EDIT: Then what is the point of signing it? Its a useless contact, and makes really FUBAR diplo.

But if you want to sign, alright. I have no problem with it.

Top Bottom