[IMPORTANT] I need reports on a save game (fixed)

Does this save crash during AI turn for you ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be happy to help, only I also get the "required DLC is not activated" and I do have G+K.

What other dlc might effect the game I don't know, my guess is civ logs all dlc available on the computer in each save game no matter whether the current game/mod uses them or not and wont load the game on an installation with out them. If that is the case it might be an idea to try to get a test save from an installation with a minimal amount of dlc so that as many as possible can test it.

Edit,
It seems I was correct, pressing the dlc button for the Greece game (see attachment) shows it needing

Genghis Khan's Mongolia
Harald Bluetooth's Denmark
Sejong The Great's Korea
Wonders o the Ancient world
Gods & Kings Expansion pack
Upgrade Date 1

Attachments

• dlcneeded.jpg
    dlcneeded.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 68
Would be happy to help, only I also get the "required DLC is not activated" and I do have G+K.

What other dlc might effect the game I don't know, my guess is civ logs all dlc available on the computer in each save game no matter whether the current game/mod uses them or not and wont load the game on an installation with out them. If that is the case it might be an idea to try to get a test save from an installation with a minimal amount of dlc so that as many as possible can test it.

Edit,
It seems I was correct, pressing the dlc button for the Greece game (see attachment) shows it needing

Genghis Khan's Mongolia
Sejong The Great's Korea
Upgrade Date 1

Thanks, I may force all unneeded DLC to be (automatically) disabled when R.E.D. WWII is initializing for a greater cross-user savegame compatibility (doesn't means it will help for cross-version, that's another subject)

Hi Gedemon, here it is! (Hope it helps too...)
Cheers, Parthius
Here is another thing to try (whatever the DLL you use):

Open RedUtils.lua from the "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 36)\Lua" folder, find this code

Code:
	PreGame.SetGameOption("GAMEOPTION_CAN_STACK_IN_CITY", 1)
	PreGame.SetGameOption("GAMEOPTION_CAN_ENTER_FOREIGN_CITY", 1)

and change it to

Code:
	PreGame.SetGameOption("GAMEOPTION_CAN_STACK_IN_CITY", 0)
	PreGame.SetGameOption("GAMEOPTION_CAN_ENTER_FOREIGN_CITY", 0)

If it works, try to reactivate on (change back 0 to 1) and reports on which one exactly generate a crash with your save.

If it still crash, try to deactivate the other options listed just before and after those 2.

TIA.

Thanks, I'll post another DLL to test then (maybe this WE)

Hi Gedemon,
It looks like it is crashing while it is in

unit:pushMission(MissionTypes.MISSION_MOVE_TO, x, y, 0, 0, 1, MissionTypes.MISSION_MOVE_TO, unitPlot, unit)

in the first call from: function MoveUnitTo (unit, plot) (RedAI_Global.lua)
Unfortunately, my attempts to hack a print statement to look at all the quantities in the call have only resulted in disabling the function.

Does it make sense to print out the values in the PushMission call to see if anything bad is being fed to "PushMission"? (If so, you may need to supply the Dprint statement...)

Also, I couldn't find PushMission in any of the lua's so I'm guessing it lives in the dll?
Cheers,
Parthius

Gedemon,

Thank you so much for this mod.

I have been playing Europe 1939-1945 and have got all the way through as England, Russia and Italy but always crash when playing Germany around turn 30-40 and the LUA log always ends with a convoy.

The Ioannis Metaxis save also crashes with a convoy at the last point.

I am running G&K

Core i7-2600
12 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Windows 7-64

Thanks to you and the other chaps for all your work.

From the context of the thread, this is for G&K only? I don't have G&K, but i'd be happy to test non G&K stuff with a little coaching.

(For starters... where do i paste the extracted gamesave to? Specifically which directory?_

It's definitely English convoys that cause my crash, whenever the straits of Gibraltar or the English Channel between Plymouth and Brest are blocked the game crashes with a convoy as the last unit.

Using the IGE to teleport the blocking unit a hex or the convoy past the blockage solves the problem.

Cheers

It's definitely English convoys that cause my crash, whenever the straits of Gibraltar or the English Channel between Plymouth and Brest are blocked the game crashes with a convoy as the last unit.

Using the IGE to teleport the blocking unit a hex or the convoy past the blockage solves the problem.

Cheers
thanks for the details, could help.

another think I'd like to know from people having that bug: does this happens when you play as U.K. too ?

I did not have any crashes when I played England (well, aside from some directX crashes that were easily recovered from ;). There were numerous times when I had to manually move a convoy. I'm guessing that that happened when their route was blocked.

I've had no crashes with any nation other than Germany, when playing UK and Italy when the convoy's path is blocked the convoy comes under user control for the turns that it's blocked but as soon as the blockage is cleared it trundles off on its own again.

The only other oddity I've had was when playing the USSR I had three convoys arriving at Murmansk in the same turn so none of them would unload and just sat in the port. This was before I had the IGE though so I don't know if I could have shunted them around.

im not convinced itsa route block. a ton of crashes occur in the period before england goes to war, and the majority of the convoys that the lua tells me the game is trying to move when the game crashes are in the indian ocean.

On the upside, when it fails to move it and the game crashes, simply deleting it does solve every issue, although occasionally in the same turn another one will cause a crash.

Also, i had a soviet convoy cause a crash (originating in north america), and that seemed newsworthy.

Either reduce the freqeuncy of convoys, or set a timer on them to not start until fall1939 because there seem to be just way too many of them

im not convinced itsa route block. a ton of crashes occur in the period before england goes to war, and the majority of the convoys that the lua tells me the game is trying to move when the game crashes are in the indian ocean.

On the upside, when it fails to move it and the game crashes, simply deleting it does solve every issue, although occasionally in the same turn another one will cause a crash.

Also, i had a soviet convoy cause a crash (originating in north america), and that seemed newsworthy.

Either reduce the freqeuncy of convoys, or set a timer on them to not start until fall1939 because there seem to be just way too many of them

please do not report any crash/bug when using the unstable maps, it's a source of confusion as the convoy crash may come from an error in the map script, which is totally different of the source of the crash on the Europe map.

Hi
Crashes at random points in the game but mainly around turn 25+.
i-5 processer
4GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 620m 1Gb

Using vanilla not G&K though.

Love the mod though cant wait for a solution to the bug.

Edit,

Genghis Khan's Mongolia
Sejong The Great's Korea
Upgrade Date 1

I'm having the same problem, is there a workaround for this so I can test the save?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom