Resource icon

Improved Tech Tree 1.2

sukritact

Artist and Modder
I think at this point we're all well aware that the Tech Tree could do with some improvement. This hopefully will be an passable solution until Firaxis releases a patch.

Information such as Envoys, Embarkment, Improvement yields have been added to the screen. Be forewarned this mod is NOT comprehensive. Some abilities that are unlocked via techs (Tourism boost from Printing, Urban Defenses, etc.) do not currently have icons. Regardless, this mod should hopefully make things clearer.

Extract to your Mods or DLC folders as you prefer. The mod is set to be active by default.

Will you add the remaining information as well? Holding off on downloading this until then!

Hmm, already made sure the mod is checked, rebooted game, but it still doesn't show in-game.

Will you add the remaining information as well? Holding off on downloading this until then!
This is based on what I've been able to learn from reading these forums and poking at the edges of modding.

Without the proper modding tools, modders are unable to add new art without extremely hacky work-arounds. This means that they need to use the icons already available. Further, not all art assets already in game can be used at all, or used in all places. The information not added by this mod has no in-game icon representation, and no easily transported icon that would be representative.

In short, adding the missing information in a way that makes visual sense is somewhere between extremely difficult and literally impossible without the mod tools. The mod tools should make that task fairly simple. It's not worth the investment of effort to create a difficult hacky solution when an easy solution will be available in the near future.

2 questions:

1) Is this mod save game compatible?
2) Is this mod compatible with MadDjinn's Tech Tree?

I intend to add more as I go, but I don't think I'll ever cover everything, as PurpleMentat says, there's bunch of stuff I cannot do without art access.

2 questions:

1) Is this mod save game compatible?
2) Is this mod compatible with MadDjinn's Tech Tree?
1) Yes
2) Probably yes, unless MadDjinn's Tech Tree replaces any of the UI files.

Great mod sukritact!

Is there any chance you could add the followings?

Pottery: Icon for wheat harvesting and an icon for rice harvesting
Animal Husbandry: Icon for cattle harvesting and an icon for sheep harvesting
Mining: Icon for copper harvesting
Masonry: Icon for stone harvesting
Celestial Navigation: Icon for Fish harvesting

Military Tradition: Icon for flank bonus and an icon for support bonus (I'm guessing this will be a tough one!)

Keep up the great work. These UI mods are making Civ6 so much better. :)

Nothing seems to be in the archive. Just me? Is there an alternate dropbox link I can get it from?

Anyone? I'm unzipping the 7z archive and there's nothing in it. I haven't had this problem with a single other mod on these forums. Is anyone able to provide an alternate d/l?

Anyone? I'm unzipping the 7z archive and there's nothing in it. I haven't had this problem with a single other mod on these forums. Is anyone able to provide an alternate d/l?

Nah bud, I just clicked the download button at the top of this thread and the files are there when I unzipped?

For me, there is no file inside of the zip. The zip file is 36 kb when downloaded. I'm just very confused how this would be user error, as I'm using winrar and this is literally the only file I've ever had this kind of problem with. I'll go "acquire" a different program to unzip it with and see what happens.

For me, there is no file inside of the zip. The zip file is 36 kb when downloaded. I'm just very confused how this would be user error, as I'm using winrar and this is literally the only file I've ever had this kind of problem with. I'll go "acquire" a different program to unzip it with and see what happens.

Its some sort of issue on your end. Its just a normal zip file with the expected contents.

Am I missing something, because I'm just trying to read what the mod does, but all you've said is that it adds some information to the trees?? Did you juggle some things around??

@Littlebob86
Information such as Envoys, Embarkment, Improvement yields have been added to the screen.
It's very useful to see icons in the tech box instead of having to rely on tooltips. Especially for things like when Envoys get awarded and when marshes or rainforests can be removed. I did the same thing for several of my C3C mods.

Oh right those items and everything it unlocks ? ?

Awesome , lol , I read all reviews into twice and must of been having a brain fart ;)

Top Bottom