Imuratep Modmod for Orbis

Imuratep

Cultist of the Old Ones
Introduction:
After the last days so many ideas flowed through my head I decided to make at least some of them real. Unfortunately I am too scatterbrained to mod as much as I would like too (I don't know how often I forgot a single character that made the game stream) and that's way I have not done everything I wanted to do. If you have some advices or constructive criticism tell me!

The goal of this mod:
The modmod is very focussed on flavor, but nevertheless its mechanics have two distinct goal:
1. The cultural victory is more accessible. Right now you have to bore yourself to death if you want to go for cultural victory, but I introduced several buildings that support this victory
2. There are no leaders that are focussed on cultural victory. The only trait that supports cultural victory is philosophical and the trait that should support it is nearly useless. Thus I introduced two traits that support cultural victory and introduced leaders that have them and changed the traits of one existing leader respectiveley
3. Bards should be more interesting. Right now everyone avoids to "pollute" its GP-pool with Great Bards. I introduced some buildings that will change this. These building should be interesting for all leaders not only for those that want to go for cultural victory.
4. I want to create interesting background. Right now I have only written a Pedia Entry for the Puppetry, but soon I will do the same for all the buildings I have done. But I think even without a pediaentry the buildings transport interesting images.
5. I don't want to create perfectly balanced game mechanics if the balancing prevents the image I want to transport with this mechanic, from working. If a mechanic is utterly unbalanced I will try to change this, but I always want the image behind the mechanic to be kept.

The changelog:
1. Introduced the "Temple of Sensual Pleasures". This building is accessible at "Savoir Vivre", a new tech requiring Drama and Currency. It grants +1 :) for luxury food resources (like banana, coffee, tea etc.), +2 :) for master courtesans (new buildings of this modmod) and grants +20% culture to every city of your empire. It can only be built by sacrificing a great bard.
2. The Amurites get a UU for this building name "Temple of Intellectual Pleasures". It has the same effect as "Temple of Sensual Pleasures" except that it grants +10% :science: and +10% :culture: to all cities (instead of +20% culture). It can be built by sacrificing bards.
3. Introduced the Master Courtesan building that is available at Guilds. It grants +1:), -4 :gold:, +8 :culture: and +20% :culture: +1 :) for Silk, Wine and Gems and it removes the Fatigued promotion. Instead of building it you can sacrifice a Courtesan.
4. Introduced the "Puppetry"-building that can be built by Leaders with the trait "Virtuoso" - Right now only Melisandre herself. The city with the building gets +2 :culture:, +20% :culture. On the other hand all units built in the city start with the "Charmed" promotion. The most important effect is so that Great Artists can be upgraded to Melisandres Puppets for a certain amount of gold. These units are identical to Great Artists except that their great work grants +6000 :culture: instead of 4000 :culture:.
5. Introduced the "Hedonist" trait that grants +20% :culture: and +1 :mad: per city (people under their lead are quite easily bored). Additionally the trait grants 1 extra :)for a lot of buildings that offer some amusement (like Theatres, Colosseums, Public Baths, Taverns etc.) and 2 :) for 3 Wonders (Theatre of Dreams, Melisandres Puppetry and Grand Menagerie). Keelyn loses Creative and gains this trait. Additionally I introduced Kro'Mear (from RifE) that has Hedonist, Greedy and Minor.
6. I introduced the "Virtuoso" trait that grants +25% :culture: to each city. Additionally only leaders with this trait are able to build puppetries that make great Artists more efficient.
Only Melisandre has this trait. She also starts with Creative and Minor (negating the bonus from Virtuoso until you gain an additional trait).

Things I want to introduce later:
1. Instead of +1 :mad: from the start I want to simulate that leaders with the Hedonist trait gradually get bored. Every 100 turns Taedion, the halfgod of ennui, is bored and as he is his followers get bored too (resulting in 2 :mad:). To avoid this they have either start a big festival (costing 200 :gold:), start some funny mass murder (losing 2 population in each city) or try to impress Taedion himself with a great performance of your abilities (costing nothing, but only 20% chance, except if you are Virtuoso, then 50% chance). But even if you do try to placate him, it is hard to meet Taedion's taste (50% chance for a missuccess in spite of an investment.
2. What I will perhaps introduce as well is a possibility to train yourself for the meeting with Taedion increasing the chance of success in these event. Every building that grants enjoyment has an one-time castable spell "Enjoy yourself" that has a 50% success chance. If you succeed the chance to placate Taedium increases by 10%. If you don't your city gets 1 temporary unhappiness ("We bored our leader!")
3. Perhaps I will introduce Ritual for Taedion that temporarily makes your cities happy, but your enemies' cities unhappy (as they see how dull and boring their cities are compared to yours).
3. I want you to be able to gain the Virtuoso trait by building Silyven's Perfect Lyre.
4. I would love it if another idea I had was possible. Everytime you gain one of your cities gains a better cultural level they become more exigent and thus unhappy and culturally unproductive (-x% culture). So if you want to go for cultural victory you have to do something to keep your people happy (like luxury resources, buildings etc.).

Installation instructions:
1. Download the file.
2. Create a copy of the Orbis modmod 0,24i patch p named Imuratep.
3. Extract the assets folder from the file into the assets folder of this new folder.
4. Rightclick on the Shortcut in the new created folder and choose options. Change "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Orbis" into "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Imuratep".
5. Start the game.

Attachments

• Imuratep Modmod for Orbis.rar
    485.9 KB · Views: 84
How embarassing. I changed something directly before I uploaded the .rar-datas and that causes the mod not to work.
There is a new upload in my firstpost. There are some game changes too as a few things do not seem to work like I intended (also posted in the first post).

Why should you go for World Domination when you can booze your brain out of your head instead? :p
"Slackness, softness are the sort of things to shun
Nothing could be harder than the quest for fun
Lots of strength is needed and experience too
Swollen bellies can embarrass you"

Is it possible to create a barbarian faction that is not in war with anyone? I would like a "barbarian" faction (more independent merchants) whose only units are airships that can enter enemy borders. If you are on the same tile with one of these airships you can buy equipments from them (that might be weapons, but also might be wonders that grant certain resources).

Is it possible to create a barbarian faction that is not in war with anyone? I would like a "barbarian" faction (more independent merchants) whose only units are airships that can enter enemy borders. If you are on the same tile with one of these airships you can buy equipments from them (that might be weapons, but also might be wonders that grant certain resources).

Maybe create barbarian faction that IS at war with everyone... and add new ritual that grants peace with them. Ant then, have their airships enter only lands of non-enemies :)
This way, the civ that wants to trade with those "mysterious merchants" would have to invest into it

I really like the idea for this mod, and I have a few suggestions:

The Balseraphs should get a UB for the Puppetry that adds, say, +25% city defense, or free twincast promotion for arcane units in the city, or something to simulate the Balseraph magical puppets.

The "Temple of Intellectual Pleasures" should lose the happy for luxury resources, and gain happy for reagents, incense, fish (brain food :lol: ), etc. and also maybe 2 or 3 happy with scholarship. Alternatively, you could give +1 happy per (unique) mana, but that might get overpowered.

The airship merchant idea sounds great, but you would have to write a custom AI for them, which I gather is a large undertaking.

Top Bottom