In the Beginning Was Napoleon: Background Thread

Coupla things:
1. Can we switch and affect State Enterprise in orders or does that just chug along in the background?
2. Can we spend 2 Public Spending on the same special project?
1. You can switch to and from State Enterprise as if it was a fully separate category. And as long as your Public Services isn't underwater, it will chug along. You don't need to manage it per se, but you do have a lot of power in determining the direction it should take, and that may be something to keep in mind as you're working out your national objectives. The main example is steel: everyone wants to build steel, but it's seldom really profitable to do so. Here, having 1 State as opposed to 1 Private Enterprise means you can force a steel industry to develop, in accordance with your national aims.

2. One point per project! You may really want to invest in a project's success, though. I would recommend doing that in this system as TWO projects: one which is your main dish, and the other which is a second course, or an aperitif or something. So let's say your first project was "Find a place in cliffs country to build a new hydroelectric dam," your second project attendant to that might be "Build new transformer stations and high-voltage power lines throughout the country as necessary to distribute that power." That will get these projects started and siphon resources from the state and the markets in general as necessary to complete the project, and it may ask you to invest again on the following year (mentioned in the update).

You might think of this as covering your bases, and it's not always necessary to do that if the context doesn't establish a need. There will of course almost always be unforeseen consequences of one kind or another, per the nature of the age and the core themes of the game, but there won't be alien space bats. Well, they won't be bats. (That's a joke, ha ha!)

Nation Assignments

Hear ye, hear ye! The national backgrounds have been finished and I'm proud to announce this game will soon be launched! Look for the game thread to go up by Wednesday, featuring the game map and Update 0.

Without further ado, I present the player roster:

YOUR APPOINTMENTS:

Empire Français ... Shadowbound
British Republic ... Kyzarc Fotjage
Italian Empire ... NinjaCow64
German Republics ... gay_Aleks
Russian Soviet ... J.K. Stockholme
Republic of China ... Johanna
Empire of Japan ... Double A
United States ... tobiisagoodboy
La Federación ... J.A.M.
Mexico ... jackelgull
Ukraineshchina Soviet ... cardgame

Last edited:
Nation Assignments

Hear ye, hear ye! The national backgrounds have been finished and I'm proud to announce this game will soon be launched! Look for the game thread to go up by Wednesday, featuring the game map and Update 0.

Without further ado, I present the player roster:

YOUR APPOINTMENTS:

Empire Français ... Shadowbound
British Republic ... Kyzarc Fotjage
Italian Empire ... NinjaCow64
German Republics ... gay_Aleks
Russian Soviet ... J.K. Stockholme
Republic of China ... Johanna
Empire of Japan ... Double A
United States ... tobiisagoodboy
La Federación ... J.A.M.
Mexico ... jackelgull
Manchuria-Korea ... Omega
Ukraine ... cardgame
As there is both a Ukrainian Republic and a Ukrainian Soviet Combine, some clarification for other players would be good (I am not the Republic)

Is this alive? Can we still join?

Top Bottom