1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Inca Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 18, 2018.

1. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

I'm pretty sure that they will be the first civ I play with, food overload

Ondolindë, Guandao, Duuk and 3 others like this.
  2. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Yes folks, that was a quantum tunneling joke. Only in Civfanatics land.

Craig_Sutter, cvb and CivLuvah like this.
  3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I always play with 5 civs in North/South America, so the Incas are a welcome addition to the available mix.
    Gedemon's TSL Terra Maps usually have a lot of mountains in South America, so the Incas should be a good to counter Brazil, Monte
    and the Cree, one of whom tends to dominate N/S America in the games I play most often.

4. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

I didnt catch it, but is there gona be live stream with Incas tomorrow ?

5. Melliores

Melliores Warlord

There is going to be a live stream tomorrow, they announced last week that this Thursday they will be showing tunnels and how do they work in practice ingame. :)

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Roads and bridges can be used by anyone, even during war. It will be the same for tunnels for sure, hence also for the Inca paths.

7. Melliores

Melliores Warlord

Which is still ok for tunnels, as you can build the entrances/exits in a bottleneck or very narrow region, where the enemy unit will encounter an ambush. It will be really easy to defend with the Inca if you are at least keeping up on the tech curve - limited movement for enemy units on hills, no coastal bombardement, limited range for ranged units and a unique unit that can strike twice per turn (and even move back with the right promotion). :)

This is going to be one fun Civ for builder-types.

8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

I see your point, but I would also like to say that Civ 4 & Civ 5 were similarly terrible until active development on game systems was finished so it's like compairing apples to oranges at this point.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah, go back and read posts about half way through Civ 5 development.

Depravo likes this.
  10. Janskey

Janskey Prince

So, if tunnels/mountain paths basically work like portals, I wonder whether you can attack through them or alternatively block the exits with units.

If portals in a more general manner are not included with some future tech, someone will surely mod 'em in.

cvb likes this.
  11. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm guessing "Orbital Insertion" or some such will be in.

12. CultureManiac

CultureManiac Prince

If I understand it correctly - and I expect we'll get a better explanation on the livestream - the Qhapaq Ñan marks an entranceway to the mountain range, in order to get onto the mountain tiles. You can move along them at 2 mp each, and exit at another Qhapaq Ñan.

qadams likes this.
  13. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

The paths weren't hidden, though. They were the imperial roads. I think it makes more sense for tunnels and paths to be public in the game. Otherwise, it's unbalanced.

14. CultureManiac

CultureManiac Prince

Plus with a couple of well-placed terrace farms provided glorious amounts of food, it's easy to spare citizens for a 0F, 2P tile. A tile which, BTW, no other civ could use.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I am excited to play them, and do want to try to get 30+ cities, but so far it's still looking like #1: Maori, #2: Hungary and #3 Inca, edit: I forgot about Canada. That's how forgettable they are. Canada will be last. :p I predict Canada will be the new Georgia.

Doubtful you can attack through the pathway, that would be ridiculous. But it seems easy enough to block the exit. We'll have to see how it works in stream if there are multiple entrances and exits. Otherwise the strat to defend against Inca will be to block the exit.

16. CultureManiac

CultureManiac Prince

They should make that an achievement

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I think it works like this:

18. frubox

frubox Chieftain

They seem a rather "neutral" civ as far as victory route is concerned, similar to the Cree. That said, a lot of production, as far as I see the game, means first and foremost Scientific victory and then, sure, domination. What makes me doubt their domination potential is the lack of a unit built for that. A skirmisher replacement does not scream domination to me...I suppose the production is also good for wonders (thus culture) but unless you are France, wonder based culture victory is kinda not a thing as far as I am concerned.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

They need an aqueduct to get more prod... this is going to be one fat civ filling slots with amenity cards. With all that mountain and hill around they will be difficult cities to take, and they may be 1 range slingers but on hills that’s all they need, heaven help them getting 4 promo’s for a triple shot (EDIT.. ah, scout not ranged). Sort of a civ you just leave to wallow there. Quite a novel and immersive civ to play with a great Incan flavour by the looks.
    I can see the Spanish appearing over the saddle and turning away cursing that there is no gold in them thar hills.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Jkchart, Wingednosering and steveg700 like this.
  20. frubox

frubox Chieftain

I agree, but, as you mentioned, I think they will favour a peaceful playstyle, hence science I think. But it is true that they have the tools to potentially get aggressive

Tiger Genocide likes this.