Incorporating code/ideas from EOW mod

The idea being that you the basic idea would be on the normal tech tree line but there would be a branch of improvements in the tech that would be in the dead end line. For example chariots would be the basic tech as now but the "Celtic suspension" tech would be a dead end tech off it which allows chariots to perform well in more terrains. "Scything wheal blades", the favorite of films, could be another.

Sounds a bit like "Doctrines" from RI. I remember "flaming arrows" was one of them.

Personally I would like to do to the tech tree what Hydro did for buildings, ie have more than you can study. Although you can't do that without dead end branches and that is not allowed in C2C. It would need more AI or a better understanding of the flavor and weight fields.

Couldn't you just have "2 techtrees" to avoid dead ends? It would be still one tree in total, but the military techs are never a requirement (or just in rare cases) for the civil techs. Meaning you could get from language to Spacefolding without the need to develope chariots. But if you want to have cavalry, you'd need civil tech X AND Military tech Y.
So the military techs still requires each other AND an apropiate Civil tech, which would avoid dead ends.
The downside is, it won't allow you to merge the scytheblade wheels since they don't seem needed for further advanced units.

Do we have any ability to say, now that you've researched tech A, as a result you cannot research tech B? This could lead to entire alternate branch sets of techs representing entirely differing pathways which could then eventually re-intersect. Might even give me a reason to turn tech trading on too... so that you could find a way to develop both paths (though I'd think an AI should be loath to enable this via trading for a civ that chose a different path.)

It should unlock Redcoats (from Vanilla civ). And they don't get it because they already have redcoats and every culture gets only one UU. The Welsh however have the Yeoman Archer for their UU.

could you explain to me why one chose for Redcoats under the English and not the British it makes more sense to me as they where the soldiers of Great Britain so also the Scots, and the Welsh (and what other poor culture they owned)

could you explain to me why one chose for Redcoats under the English and not the British it makes more sense to me as they where the soldiers of Great Britain so also the Scots, and the Welsh (and what other poor culture they owned)

Because there is no Great Britain culture at the moment. The closest is English. Right now the closest cultures there are ...

- English
- Welsh
- Scottish
- Irish
- Celtic

Top Bottom