IndieStone D.U.C.K.S mod

Forgive me if this has been asked before but how will other nations view your religious choices? For instance will there be a heavy diplomatic hit if they are of a different religion?
Will it work on a scale for example if you have different religions as the result of a schism will they be slightly reduced, or will it go the way of Northern Ireland and all out grrr?
As nations become more enlightened will religion become more of a back marker, a part of the cultural picture of your civ, not necessarily a focal point?
Also will it be possible to be both fundamentalist and scientifically developed?, yes Iran I'm looking at you here.
Again I apologise if you have dealt with these points previously.

Hopefully not as much of a diplo hit as in civ IV

I would to see an development of the diplo hit. Historically nations of different faiths will get along for the benefits of trade but you do get some huge flare ups such as the crusades (although arguably they are more about riches than belief anywho). I would be nice to see the diplo hit drop as nations became more "civilised" also I love the idea tat some nations would find certain faiths to be just abhorrent, i.e like the Conquistadors coming into contact with the Aztecs.

This mod has amazing potential.

They probably aren't gonna be able to finish it until the DLL gets released. Sorry, Shy.

where did you hear february, i've seen no indication of a release what-so-ever

though, before january is kinda hard now, happy new year ;)

My 2 cents!

How about founding a religion by getting a special type of Natural Wonder inside your borders. Say you explore and find a "Spiritual Place", settle a city near it, and once it's inside your border, the religion is found.

Sacred lands?

Will there ever be situations where one civ covets a natural wonder that means little to the civ that already owns it? A spiritual place that means nothing spiritual to its current inhabitants? Maybe putting a production improvement on it starts a war with those who think it sacred, or maybe they could demand the improvement be removed?

I like the idea of a natural wonder you can put a city on, then have this happen. Especially if that city received huge defensive bonuses and lots of cash. So then only the heathens could ever build on it, but doing so would pick a big perpetual fight. Maybe with the barbarian civ?

:D

Top Bottom