Indonesia livestream collateral thread

It's happened before - IIRC both Machu Piccu and Chichen Itza were cities and wonders at the same time in Civ V.

The Incan city was actually called Machu instead of Machu Picchu if I remember correctly. Don't remember Chichen Itza's case.

yeah I remember the examples from previous games. But wonders having their own hexes on the main map makes it a little different, IMO. Like you could have Angkor Wat right next to Angkor Wat...surely that is not ideal

Just asking.... what does that mean? :confused:
As others said, a religious unit can be on the same tile as any non-religious unit. This will greatly reduce the annoyance of foreign religious units clogging up tiles. But - and I'm glad they considered this - the new layer doesn't protect religious units from enemy military units - there's an option to "execute heretic" for military units that operates like the "plunder trade route" command.

As others said, a religious unit can be on the same tile as any non-religious unit. This will greatly reduce the annoyance of foreign religious units clogging up tiles. But - and I'm glad they considered this - the new layer doesn't protect religious units from enemy military units - there's an option to "execute heretic" for military units that operates like the "plunder trade route" command.

Could the execute heretic option trigger a war with the other Civ? I've never plundered trade routes of Civs I'm not at war with.

Lol to Pete Murray quoting Kung Fu Panda a few times in the stream :lol:

No one mentioned that we saw what the Stupa did? it is plus 3 faith and plus 1 ammenity.

Could the execute heretic option trigger a war with the other Civ? I've never plundered trade routes of Civs I'm not at war with.
I don't think they said, and I've not plundered the trade route of anyone I'm not at war with, either.

I can see at least three viable implementations:
- You only have the option to execute heretic if already at war
Or
- Executing religious unit of civ you're not at war with automatically triggers war (I think this is basically how it currently works?)
Or
- Executing religious unit of civ you're not at war with has negative diplo effect. I think I'd prefer this one as it seem a little more realistic. The size of the penalty would depend on the civ and/or government of the victim.

New Pantheon Earth Goddess: +1 faith for tiles with charming or better appeal

An interesting and potentially very powerful pantheon. I really want Firaxis to try and balance the pantheons better. Far too many are clearly garbage and will never get picked.

Really really like the upgrades to religious play...

Indonesia looks real fun to play. I've always loved Island games, but can't really say CIV6 has been making it much intersting... this will help.

Ed says the warrior monk unit production cost doesn't scale up... that will help Indonesia again I think, because they can by them with faith... IF I understand correctly,
the other civs won't be able to buy them with faith... In anyways, an army of well promoted warrior monk in formation with an armada of Jung look pretty
much like an unstoppable force to me...

Not sure I like the Khmer as much, but still can't wait to try them out...

If we can avoid the bug flu this time around, it should be an awesome addition !

New lens looks good! I still don't understand how this is a thing though:

UI Problems.jpg

Do we know if Jakarta is still a city-state, or is it on the list of cities for Indonesia?

They also inverted the colours of both Khmer and Indonesia since the first look.

So I will be that guy. I know the livestream was very controlled -- but it also seemed to be based on an actual game that Ed was playing. A couple of things I would have expected to see that I didn't

1. AI not settling outside of their home island. I was really hoping to see that. And what is AU doing sending a sole archer against an island of barbarians -- feels idiotic.

2. Diplomacy -- screens looked ok -- but hopefully they fixed the mess from the last patch with the actual diplomacy.

3. Hardly any real show of AI naval prowess. For something touted in the teaser -- this is concerning.

I'm really hoping this was on a very easy level. Im very jazzed about the two new civs and the enhancements to religion -- but so much more needed to be addressed a single well.

2 positives -- much over due. 1. Trading results in religious spread (let's hope later it also has impact on governments as well. Think Cold War trading. Where trading with democratic civs puts pressure and vice versa). 2. Religious units on their own map plane.

New lens looks good! I still don't understand how this is a thing though:

View attachment 479046
That's a huge issue for me because it just shows laziness. Why would anyone have a UI like that? I mentioned it once on this board and everyone just seemed to not care though.

I use it as indicator for every patch that lets me know the game will still be buggy and the UI still horrible. It's why I can see all of these very positive religion changes and still be very skeptical.

So I will be that guy. I know the livestream was very controlled -- but it also seemed to be based on an actual game that Ed was playing. A couple of things I would have expected to see that I didn't

1. AI not settling outside of their home island. I was really hoping to see that. And what is AU doing sending a sole archer against an island of barbarians -- feels idiotic.

2. Diplomacy -- screens looked ok -- but hopefully they fixed the mess from the last patch with the actual diplomacy.

3. Hardly any real show of AI naval prowess. For something touted in the teaser -- this is concerning.

I'm really hoping this was on a very easy level. Im very jazzed about the two new civs and the enhancements to religion -- but so much more needed to be addressed a single well.

2 positives -- much over due. 1. Trading results in religious spread (let's hope later it also has impact on governments as well. Think Cold War trading. Where trading with democratic civs puts pressure and vice versa). 2. Religious units on their own map plane.

One time Ed opened the pause menu and the difficulty was set to 6.

Top Bottom