Info Addict

Robk, still loving the mod as always, and the smooth lines are fantastic! Great job.

I thought you wrote recently that the number of categories (like Population, Military, Science, etc) is getting crowded; why don't you use a listbox, just like the Replay does? Or you can use images to represent all the categories, with tooltips for further explanation.

1 question about the graphs, the lines always are horizontal for the last turn. Is this intended? I'm always confused or misdirected to think that an upward or downward trend is stopped, but it is clearly not. Thanks for your reply.

Robk, still loving the mod as always, and the smooth lines are fantastic! Great job.

I thought you wrote recently that the number of categories (like Population, Military, Science, etc) is getting crowded; why don't you use a listbox, just like the Replay does? Or you can use images to represent all the categories, with tooltips for further explanation.

1 question about the graphs, the lines always are horizontal for the last turn. Is this intended? I'm always confused or misdirected to think that an upward or downward trend is stopped, but it is clearly not. Thanks for your reply.

I've given the list box idea some thought and it's something I definitely need to and want to do. In fact, I thought about implementing it for the last release but it would involve some refactoring and I wanted to get those changes out the door. I actually want to tie the graphs directly to the factbook and include a short cut link; so, if you choose military power from a drop down, it would put a short description up and then include a link to the factbook. The data in the factbook and the graphs are kind of independent right now (I manually make sure they exist in both places) but programitically tying them together would be a huge boon. Especially in light of further plans I have to introduce customized data like being able to define your own datasets and giving them your own names (which should address Kris's questions from earlier). I would love to give everyone the ability to define their own graphs and data b/c no one would have to wait anymore for me to add a new graph each time a good idea comes up. This is going to take significant work, though.

Anyway, regarding the horizontal lines: yes, they are intentional. When you have the highlight boxes turned on, the left each of the box is a data point and the right edge is another data point. With smooth lines, I just draw a line from one point to another. For the very far right edge of the graph, however, I don't know the next data point because I haven't recorded it yet. It's, essentially, in the future. So, I just draw a horizontal line at the current value. I probably should have just left that out and let the graphs terminate one turn behind where they are now.

historical graphs doesn't work on my civ5 for Mac!
but other parts of InfoAddict work perfectly.
I tried to delete all other Mods and cache files.

I may be wrong but, its cause is no-compatible with newest version for mac?

Hi robk,

I have a little statistic that I would very much like to see in an upcoming version; average production of all cities. It doesn't have to be called this of course, but it would be very beneficial for testing my mod if I could be able to see what the production capabilities of my AI opponents is. I know that there is the Industrial Output button shows the total production of the empire, but what I'm looking for is the average. I realize it's as simple as dividing this value by the number of cities, but it would be nice to have this at a glance.

chrome

*EDIT*
If this could be done with city population as well that would be great. :D

If you do a list box, I hope it will be easier to use than the one in the game replay screen. In that one you can only see a few entries at a time. Scrolling down to find the ones I want to see is a lot more difficult for me to use than your present method.

I much prefer the present method. It is easier for me to get to the information I want to see.

Do you have a bug report thread?
I noticed that my v.16 no longer shows the lines of previous versions in the political relations screen.
I also noticed that the drop downs on the rights side of the screen stop when I add infoaddict the Thal's mod. This also prevents the drop down that allows one to choose great people with certain wonders.

Do you have a bug report thread?
I noticed that my v.16 no longer shows the lines of previous versions in the political relations screen.

Deleting '<Documents>\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\robk_InfoAddict-1.db' brings them back, at least for me.

Sorry for the silence lately, I went on a vacation to several countries in Europe over the last few weeks. Got to see a lot of world wonders in person :D

I'll be checking up on the mod to make sure it's compatible with the latest version but, so far, it seems to be fine.

@basmannen: Do you still have lua logging enabled? This sounds like the same problem that you were having before. Send me your lua.log file and I'll check that out. If it turns out to be the same thing, I'll ask you toggle a flag in one of the files to see that fixes the issue.

@dearmad: glad things are working :goodjob:

Whenever I reload a game, the graphs disappear (I don't think it can load the graphs from the saves).

This happens for me as well, Infoaddict works great until I save the game and reload the next session. There is no sign it was ever active. I'm using the NIGHTS mod as well, but their forms insist there shouldn't be a conflict.

This happens for me as well, Infoaddict works great until I save the game and reload the next session. There is no sign it was ever active. I'm using the NIGHTS mod as well, but their forms insist there shouldn't be a conflict.

Yeah, I doubt NIGHTS is causing any problems. If you're experiencing the same thing that bas is, your civ installation, for whatever reason, is refusing to open up the built in SQL database that I use to save data in. Basmannen reinstalled ciV, did that steam file check thing and he could never get that fixed.

However, I may have a fix for you guys. Try this out (it's a little clunky but shouldn't be too bad):

- make sure ciV is closed

- open up Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\InfoAddict (v 16)\Lua\InfoAddictLib.lua

- find line 21, it should read:
function useReplayData() return false; end

- replace false with true. Save the file.

This tells infoaddict to use a different area to store its data. You should even be able to do this with previously saved games because I'm secretly saving the data in both places for everyone :shifty:

I may make this an in game option in future versions though saving and reading the data this way may incur a performance penalty (see this post).

Would it be possible to add a by-city feature to this (amazing) mod? I.E., search all world cities by production, population, science, etc.?

Sorry for the silence lately, I went on a vacation to several countries in Europe over the last few weeks. Got to see a lot of world wonders in person :D

Rob, just found this mod recently. It's really amazing. I have to wonder if Firaxis should offer you compensation and include it in a future release of V. hehe.

One comment is the historical graphs can be a bit hard to read at times as the non-highted civs only fade slightly. Is there a way to dim them even more or remove them completely if they are not checked?

Edit: One other thing. InfoAddict gives precise information on who is trading with whom and what is being traded. I'm not sure where this data is normally available to the player in the basic game. Do you know where it might be found?

Anyways great work.

Top Bottom