Information Drought?

What do you guys think? Facebook hint tomorrow?

I figure either today (within the next few hours if it happens) or tomorrow depending on how elaborate it's going to be. Then another one either tomorrow or Thursday. With magazines doing the heavy lifting on Friday.

I think it's kind of ridiculous that there have been no serious update for several weeks now and the game is released in two weeks.

I think it's kind of ridiculous that there have been no serious update for several weeks now and the game is released in two weeks.

Well, it understandable if they tie the information to magazine releases. And if they'll lift NDA at the end of the week, this will be more than enough :)

And still they provide some qa sessions and other minor pieces of information, so it's not that bad.

Perhaps, but that being said, I don't think I have read a scheduled release games magazine in 10 years or so - is anyone actually reading them any more? It's a bit weird to tie your information policy to something as dead as printed media.

I think that they could lift the embargo already since the game will be out in a few weeks.

Also, we really, really, REALLY need to see the changes to already existing civs. Firaxis PLS

Perhaps, but that being said, I don't think I have read a scheduled release games magazine in 10 years or so - is anyone actually reading them any more? It's a bit weird to tie your information policy to something as dead as printed media.

Well, usually printed magazines and online magazines are the same and they release their issues at the same time. And these magazines have a number of readers, who could easily become customers. That's why playing good with magazines is a good thing for sales.

At least as I understand the process.

I keep thinking to myself, if they don't give us some information tomorrow it will have officially become ridiculous.

I began thinking that about two weeks ago.

Hellooooooo Firaxis! *snaps fingers in front of face* Anybody home?

Hmm... pupils are dilated.

I keep thinking to myself, if they don't give us some information tomorrow it will have officially become ridiculous.

I began thinking that about two weeks ago.

Hellooooooo Firaxis! *snaps fingers in front of face* Anybody home?

Hmm... pupils are dilated.

IF it follows past hint-reveal patterns, we should have a hint drop midweek (e.g. today) and a reveal on Friday.

Of course, it could be a completely different sort of reveal.

I think it would be ridiculous for them to do it next week, simply because we Americans typically engage in family-type activities or vacations that week. That's kind of poor for hype-building, which is the point of this endeavor of waiting for an opportune moment.

And remember, I don't know jack about what's really going to happen and my speculations are as poorly qualified as anyone's at this point.

I'm really hoping they show us something today... I'm very tired of coming here every day looking for new info and getting disappointed because they decided to hold on until the last 2-3 weeks until the announcement. But who knows?

EDIT: I don't mean that I'm tired of the forum, I love you guys, this forum is awesome. Tired of the drought only.

EDIT 2: Seems like there'll be a talk on the Civil War Scenario! Great :D

Sigh. Guess some do not believe patience is a virtue. If they release no more information, that will be fine, really. You are not entitled to know anything right this very second. Sit back, relax, find other things to do instead of acting like whiny demanding children. Same thing applies if they decide to delay the release to fix some things.

One does like to make informed purchasing decisions. Full disclosure is a plus.

But it's not like there's a blackout once the game is released. All the information will be publicly available not an hour after the game comes out. No one is telling you to pre-order the game or buy it the second it comes out. You can buy it a few hours into the day and still have a fully informed decision.

Yeah, but at this point, people are demanding info regarding minor details that aren't important, because we know all the important stuff (new civs, new game systems, new scenarios). No one's going to all of a sudden cancel their preorder because they don't know how India's UA changed, and if they do......well.....they are crazy.

Sigh. Guess some do not believe patience is a virtue. If they release no more information, that will be fine, really. You are not entitled to know anything right this very second. Sit back, relax, find other things to do instead of acting like whiny demanding children. Same thing applies if they decide to delay the release to fix some things.

Consumers are not entitled to know (officially) all the civs in the game they may be planning on purchasing?

I agree people do not need to know every single tiniest of details, but knowing all the civs to be included is one of the main features/selling points. If they were to not release this info before release (as you don't seem to think is necessary) I would not be pre-ordering.

And besides, information coming from players after the release will be much more valuable than pre-release hype and speculation. You and I and nearly everyone here will be buying the game anyways, even if nothing more gets released. You are not entitled to anything except a workable product whenever the game is ready.

Monado, you're kidding, right? There are 43 civs in the game and even if you don't like the last two, you cannot play with any of the other 41?!?

My customer's wouldn't buy my products if I didn't provide a detailed blueprint, and equipment list in my proposals.

I may not be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on this game, but I want to know what my money is getting me. Confirmation of Venice and Shoshone mechanics is all I ask.

Top Bottom