Instant Karma 3 civ/player, no AI

Look, it's not my fault KenWyn was too disorganized to keep the OP up to date, I know for a fact we once voted that house rule into effect and I have always obeyed it. KenWyn really was the worst of both worlds in that regard, combining my laziness with your penchant for contrived house rules. :lol:

Anyway if you search the thread for "gift" I'm sure you will find something. I unfortunately couldn't locate the exact post where this rule was codified during my own search, but this, this and this post all clearly reference it.

Yeah tigranes we have been playing this all the way through sorry.

I hereby publicly proclaim that my top priority for the rest of the game is going to be making Muffin pay for his dastardly betrayal! To that end I am willing to hand out handsome rewards to whoever will join me in my righteous crusade. Ever wanted to get rich off other people's misery? Here's your chance!

Here is a detailed breakdown of what I will pay for which deed:

Embargo: Cut all trade ties you may have with any of Muffin's civs, be that resource, money or open orders.
-Reward: For every turn none of your civs have any trade dealings with any of Muffin's civs you will receive 1 Gold per Turn from me.

Declaring War: Declare war on Muffin.
-Reward: For every turn you are at war with Muffin you will receive 1 Gold per Turn from me. Note that this stacks with Embargo, so effectively you will receive 2 GPT from me just for declaring war.

Killing Units: Kill units belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every unit of Muffin you kill I will pay you a tenth of its hammer cost in gold rounded down. If you kill a Musketman/Janissary for example, which costs 80 Hammers, you will receive a one time bounty of 8 Gold.

Pillaging Improvements: Pillage Improvements belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every improvement of Muffin you pillage I shall pay you the sum you received from it, effectively doubling the gold you receive from pillaging. Pillaging roads gives 1 Gold each.

Conquer City: Conquer cities belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every city of Muffin you conquer I will pay you a gold lump sum equal to what you got by conquering it, effectively doubling the plundering money the game already gives you for conquering.

War profiteering has never been so profitable! Needless to say I will need a screenshot as proof for any action except declaration of war and embargo.

Now that my previous best trading partner has stabbed me in the back, I have a bunch of surplus resources available for trade with whoever needs them. To be precise I am willing to trade the following resources:

Iron
Crab
Sugar
Wine
Cow
Silk

If you are in need of any of these just say the word, and tell me what you would like to offer me in exchange.

This concludes the first public broadcast of the Knoedel Imperium in this Great Patriotic War.

Oh btw I re-purposed my first post in this thread as the new OP and have put in all house rules I could remember.

Please tell me if I missed something or got something wrong, I don't want Tigranes having to replay again because he wasn't aware of something.

How nice of you.

Jumping in as provisional admin or offering up bounties for hurting my enemy?

Muffin usually is a very reliable player. But this time he must have gotten very busy:

Time since last upload: 151:44:25

Muffin usually is a very reliable player. But this time he must have gotten very busy:

Sorry this turn will take an age to plan out. It's been so long I have forgotten half of what I wanted to do, I'm in a completely different situation ally wise and lots on IRL atm. I do hope to have it sorted by the next day or so though.

Finally finished the turn. Between the big break, change of world situation from what I expected and the amount of units/planning it took a while. Plus it was daunting so I did play a few other games before it when I had time to spare (sorry). Back moving again and hopefully it should not be as bad next turn.

I hereby publicly proclaim that my top priority for the rest of the game is going to be making Muffin pay for his dastardly betrayal! To that end I am willing to hand out handsome rewards to whoever will join me in my righteous crusade. Ever wanted to get rich off other people's misery? Here's your chance!

Here is a detailed breakdown of what I will pay for which deed:

Embargo: Cut all trade ties you may have with any of Muffin's civs, be that resource, money or open orders.
-Reward: For every turn none of your civs have any trade dealings with any of Muffin's civs you will receive 1 Gold per Turn from me.

Declaring War: Declare war on Muffin.
-Reward: For every turn you are at war with Muffin you will receive 1 Gold per Turn from me. Note that this stacks with Embargo, so effectively you will receive 2 GPT from me just for declaring war.

Killing Units: Kill units belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every unit of Muffin you kill I will pay you a tenth of its hammer cost in gold rounded down. If you kill a Musketman/Janissary for example, which costs 80 Hammers, you will receive a one time bounty of 8 Gold.

Pillaging Improvements: Pillage Improvements belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every improvement of Muffin you pillage I shall pay you the sum you received from it, effectively doubling the gold you receive from pillaging. Pillaging roads gives 1 Gold each.

Conquer City: Conquer cities belonging to Muffin.
-Reward: For every city of Muffin you conquer I will pay you a gold lump sum equal to what you got by conquering it, effectively doubling the plundering money the game already gives you for conquering.

War profiteering has never been so profitable! Needless to say I will need a screenshot as proof for any action except declaration of war and embargo.

Now that my previous best trading partner has stabbed me in the back, I have a bunch of surplus resources available for trade with whoever needs them. To be precise I am willing to trade the following resources:

Iron
Crab
Sugar
Wine
Cow
Silk

If you are in need of any of these just say the word, and tell me what you would like to offer me in exchange.

This concludes the first public broadcast of the Knoedel Imperium in this Great Patriotic War.

I would like to point out to participants you will likely lose more than a gpt in just lost trade commerce were you to perform imp's embargo. I would also like to point out until now he was steamrollering ahead and I have the best chance of bringing him back to the pack.

Knoedal if you get lucky and get an instant peace event I will be EXTREMELY annoyed!

No. How would I? Tracker is not being updated anymore. No one forwarded me a save file (which I still can get from tracker, but I need to know it's there).

Yes, I found it myself, and already GPSed the game. I just need to learn somehow when I am up.

GPSed...

Same problem as before:no turn notification. I only discovered it was my turn by chance. :thumbsdown:

GPSed...

Same problem as before:no turn notification. I only discovered it was my turn by chance. :thumbsdown:

I have a game like this - I made my pbem favourite link link to that page so every time I did an upload I checked it. Not ideal but better than nothing!

As soon as we get one replacement... I think we need to replace methinkso. However if we cannot I think his civs could be made AI with little harm to the game - he is down a nation essentially anyway and has no cities on the mainland with everyone else?

I think we all need to be more bold with AI retirements. Pool of players is shrinking, we cannot kid ourselves that some new player will appear from nowhere for the game that is 10+ years old.

But weren't there half a dozen new players appearing a while ago? Whatever happened to them?

Top Bottom