Insufficient video memory error

Balton

Chieftain
I was playing a HUGE map with only 12 civilizations without REV module. Having reached Smithing tech, it started to MAF and CTD once in every 10 turns perhaps. I may be guilty as well, since I entered the WB once or twice :eek:

Then it starts to quit\crash every 3-4 turns with a message saying that the I need more video memory or that I should turn down my video settings. At the time video settings were all medium at 2AA @ 1920 x 1080 on a 23" Asus display. These crashes are different to the CTD (no warning straight to desktop) or MAF (message display while game is still running in the background). I also have an Asus G13 where I monitor memory and CPU usage and both are below 30%!!

My Rig is 64-bit Win 7 Pro with Asus Maximus VI Gene MB, Intel i7 4770K chip-set, 384-bit Asus GTX 780 DC II 3GB videocard, 32 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. I built it last year specially to play Civ 4 C2C :crazyeye:

So do I go and replace my card with a 12 GB TITAN or buy a similar video card and run in SLI? Would it help or are there any other tricks that I can use to negate this out of memory nuisance??

All the help would be much appreciated. This is the only game that keeps insane from the daily routine and work :cool:

cheers all

I believe if you play on the latest SVN version it should greatly reduce your MAF problems.

That is one piece of information I left out, oops!!.

I am currently using v34 . I have not yet upgraded to v35, though I should as it was released on my birthday :D

How do I set up to use an SVN version? as I am not familiar with it...

thanks for the feedback

There's a CvAltRoot file in the mod. change it to the proper root directory with the .ini file, edit. copy it to all xml and python folders in all civ4, warlords, bts, and c2c mod. Then to the documents/my games/bts/assets xml and python folders and to every folder in the directory of mygames/bts. it should load quicker than normal and game shouldn't crash for quit a while.

Top Bottom