Interesting Screenshots

I was playing Quint's no corruption world map as the Celts. Around 1500BC. I bought a greek worker as part of a trade, and i just crippled Greece's economy. It's 70 AD and they have all of 5 cities. Just goes to show you how stupid the AI actually is. :badcomp::badcomp::badcomp:

You can probably blame that on their location, which is one of the crappiest on that map.

Quintillus's scenario isn't bad, but the start locations really aren't balanced at all.

Well in GR23 I created 31 leaders in one of my sets and had 64 full armies and 24 empty ones that I could not fill right away. I just parked them till someone filled them.

Did you just finish the Pentagon so now all your armies aren't full?

It's an archipelago map, and I have to transport them around via boats. So, if I made them into 4 cavalry armies I would have to reach Combustion and use transports. I "learned" Industrialization a few turns ago, so I've still got a ways to go. Also, when I think about it, there doesn't exist any real need for 4 cavalry armies until the modern era... if you get there (though they can make things easier, of course). As long as you have a 3 cavalry army fully healthy, and you have the Pentagon (which makes 3 cavalry armies healthy), a 3 cavalry army can defeat a rifle in a city (not sure about a metro come to think of it) often enough. If the AIs get Replaceable Parts, then just use a lot of artillery.

Here's another one:

I noticed that your screenies are from the same game, only in the second one, there don't appear to be any Ottomans left... excellent :mwaha:

Are the Persians the green civ?

And that is also a good example of when you ignore the military advisor.

Is that a hist attempt?

Yes. It's 640, I have a score of 5598 with a domination limit of 4432, and I've just reached about 40% of the land. I got a late start, as I have 15 AIs, and the AIs got to Banking before I had built up enough military to start, so I decided to hand-build banks before I started the first war. I've conquered The Hittites, Portugal, Greece, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, and Russia (playing capture and keep... it surprises me that only Moonsinger's 88k game played capture and keep consistently, her other Sid histographic game, Kuningas's, and Sirpleb's game played raze and replace much more). I've also now made a sizeable dent into Persia. The plan goes Sumeria (sky blue) next, then Carthage (pink), the Babylonians (navy blue), the Germans (yellow), the English (orange), Rome (red), and then Korea and the Iroquois... not sure which order I think better yet, but both of them should go easily.

I don't think I have a great map for the domination limit I have. I basically have four major continents. My home land which had my Maya, the Hittites, Portugal, and Greece on. The continent I'm currently on, which lay home to the Byzantines (closest to my island), the Ottomans, Russia, Persia, and Sumeria. The eastern continent which has Carthage, England, Germany, and Babylon. And a continent for Rome. And two islands for the other two. So, I've had to ferry units a good bit to the western continent, and have had prepared for the eastern invasion for a while by building galleons in the eastern cities... so basically I need two galleon stacks. On top of this Carthage has a city named Tingis which I simply can't land next to, so I either have to carefully extort it without having any military alliances at work when fighting Carthage and then wait 20 turns before I re-declare (unless you know some other way I can get them to re-declare on me before 20 turns is up), surround it with ships at some point, or something.

In the industrial age, the AIs have gotten me Nationalism, Medicine, Steam Power, Electricity, Communism, Fascism, Sanitation, Industrialization, and most recently Espionage. I learned Electricity some 12 or so turns ago from Babylon, and they still haven't learned Replaceable Parts yet. I'll feel happy if I break 70k in this one, which I think I can handily enough do... not sure about 80k though.

Yes. It's 640, I have a score of 5598 with a domination limit of 4432, and I've just reached about 40% of the land. I got a late start, as I have 15 AIs, and the AIs got to Banking before I had built up enough military to start, so I decided to hand-build banks before I started the first war. I've conquered The Hittites, Portugal, Greece, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, and Russia (playing capture and keep... it surprises me that only Moonsinger's 88k game played capture and keep consistently, her other Sid histographic game, Kuningas's, and Sirpleb's game played raze and replace much more). I've also now made a sizeable dent into Persia. The plan goes Sumeria (sky blue) next, then Carthage (pink), the Babylonians (navy blue), the Germans (yellow), the English (orange), Rome (red), and then Korea and the Iroquois... not sure which order I think better yet, but both of them should go easily.

I don't think I have a great map for the domination limit I have. I basically have four major continents. My home land which had my Maya, the Hittites, Portugal, and Greece on. The continent I'm currently on, which lay home to the Byzantines (closest to my island), the Ottomans, Russia, Persia, and Sumeria. The eastern continent which has Carthage, England, Germany, and Babylon. And a continent for Rome. And two islands for the other two. So, I've had to ferry units a good bit to the western continent, and have had prepared for the eastern invasion for a while by building galleons in the eastern cities... so basically I need two galleon stacks. On top of this Carthage has a city named Tingis which I simply can't land next to, so I either have to carefully extort it without having any military alliances at work when fighting Carthage and then wait 20 turns before I re-declare (unless you know some other way I can get them to re-declare on me before 20 turns is up), surround it with ships at some point, or something.

In the industrial age, the AIs have gotten me Nationalism, Medicine, Steam Power, Electricity, Communism, Fascism, Sanitation, Industrialization, and most recently Espionage. I learned Electricity some 12 or so turns ago from Babylon, and they still haven't learned Replaceable Parts yet. I'll feel happy if I break 70k in this one, which I think I can handily enough do... not sure about 80k though.

I am fairly sure you can break 80k easily. In my small Sid hist I was not faster than you are in terms of conquest. In 640AD I had barely 46% of territory with a dom limit of 1.285. In the end I managed to get 25.480 points still, which would scale up to 85k - 90k on a huge map. If you can scale it up like that at all. But I wouldn't know why not. You can afford a much larger military than I could; for comparison I had 33 cavs and 9 armies in 640 AD and you have 175 cavs and 35 armies in the screenshot above. There is simply no way to leech such large funds on money from merely 5 opponents. You can play capture and keep with so many AIs, whereas I had to raze and replace everything, because I wanted to keep the AI around to give me war happiness. And you cannot have both, keep AI cities and the the civs. But with so many, I think it is possible to have both always have some AI to give you war happiness and capture and keep the cities of other AIs. Your tech pace is faster too; in 640 I was 5 turns from Electricity and after I got that, the only research that I did was SciMethod and getting Sanitation and RP from the ToE for a long, long time.

(unless you know some other way I can get them to re-declare on me before 20 turns is up)

The privateer bug, where you keep a privateer in an otherwise empty city and an AI frigate comes and bombs the ship. I was DoWed like that three times in that small hist game, and had it never happen before. You have to have AIs which are strong enough to afford frigates etc though, but that is not a real problem on Sid, I guess.

Other than that there is of course leave-or-declare, if you can manage to trap some units in your territory. Or failed espionage. But both might well not work, especially if you have trounced your target civ before. Or you could try to combine the peace treaty with MAs, but that binds you to the MAs too and it may really happen that the AI faithfully honours the MAs forever.

Or you could try to combine the peace treaty with MAs, but that binds you to the MAs too and it may really happen that the AI faithfully honours the MAs forever.

The Law of AI Agreement Honorability states that the chance of an AI faithfully honoring an agreement with you is inversely proportional to how convenient it would be for you that they actually honor that agreement.

Top Bottom