1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

Hi Lancelot,

it is modified Monarch difficulty (food per citizen reduced to 1).

But it seems overall that the KI has unusuall small armies in this games. I do not know if this is relateted to the increased population. Normally I would guess that more people means also more troops.

The Maya were the second most advanced nation in the game following Germany.

I conquered their mainland only a dozen or so turns ago, after Smoke Jaguar tried a surprise invasion at one of my undefended inland cities.

By the way, I just noticed that my smart weapons reseach was slowed down by the unrest of the maya population (see screenshots in my previous reply).

And this is what resource denial looks like:

During my invasion of the aztec homeland the Luftwaffe was engaged by enemy Jet Fighters for the first time in this game.

From the freshly conquered Teoh... Tek... City my own Jet Bombers were barely able to reach the aztec island with their oil and aluminium. But they had to do without a fighter sweep by my own Go229s and Phantoms.

I lost a Horten Bomber to a Super Sabre, while the Aztec Airforce lost two Airacobras.

Even if they have got Workers or Combat Engineers on that island, it will take a long time to fix that. :p

EDIT: Added new screenshot

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Theov

Theov Chieftain

I sometimes wonder how many units are in you mod, and whether it's more or less than 1000.

Nathiri likes this.
  3. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

I must admit, that I really do not know (and do not care ;) ).

I have reached unit icon no. 1369 with the Y-Wing Bomber (Integrated Defences), but there are lots gaps with unused (or no longer used) icons.

4. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

You could let Windows do this work for you by counting each folder inside your units folder. Normally each of these folders is one unit. To that result you have to add the number of units in Civ 3 and its expansions.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

5. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

Thanks, I know the selection "Eigenschaften" shows the number of folders, but did I mention that my CIV3 is a giant mess that has grown in the last ten or so years. :blush:

I have 1915 folders in my unit folder in Conquest.

A lot of these units is no longer in use or was never added into the game. :blush:

This mess and the lack of a usable civipedia is one of many reasons why I have never cleaned it up and uploaded in the Civfanatics database.

Wait, Civinator is using a windows system with german language? :eek::confused:

6. Civinator

I think it´s not unusual to use a German version of windows in Germany. :lol:

7. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

Hi Civinator,

I did not know and I did not expected it. ;)
    But to be fair, it does not make a difference from where we came, since we are all foreigners in most countries. ;)

Back to topic:

I tremble in fear of the english Lake Fleet.

The Portuguese did however top it. They have build the wonder Archimedes Workshop in Lisboa bordering to a similar pond. This wonder autoproduce Siege Quinqueremes (a powerful ancient warship).

This game turned into a free-for-all, backstabbing bar brawl. :eek:

8. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

The Ottomans captured Oxford using Pirates, who are amphibious. Thereby they created two slave workers standing on the water.

Whats more unusual: they started working on the water! :eek:

Ok, to be fair, this is only possible, because I allowed coastal improvements, but disabled the Worker Ships, because the KI never get the hang to them.

And yes, I managed to kick everyone else from my western continent without starting a single war myself.
    The eastern continent however is in a constant state of war as everyone is fighting everyone (and about half of them are at war with me).

9. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

What I find even more astonishing: an expert like Civinator has installed Civ3 in the "Program Files(x86)" directory...?! :eek:
    Either you must still be running Win XP, or you know some special tricks to make it work there?! (E.g. how do you cope with all the problems this causes since Vista? Save-files being created in that strange AppData directory, CivAssistII not finding them, Scenarios not being found etc. ?)

And what's a complete miracle to me: if you are running a German Windows, why is it called "Program Files"?? :confused:
    On my PC it's called "Programme"...

10. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

I have it in Program Files as well, though I have Windows 7: D:\Program Files HDD\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests
    It has caused me zero problems, to my knowledge?

11. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

That is not "Program Files"...
    What I mean here is: if Civ3 is installed in C:\Program Files(x86), then the new security features introduced with Vista cause all kinds of malfunctioning (like the ones I mentioned in my previous post). This particular folder is considered a "system protected folder" by the operating system.
    However, installing under D: is fine.

12. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

That is Program Files, because C: is for my SSD and D: is for my HDD. Though Windows is installed in C:, so perhaps Vista would be fine with D:. But I cannot imagine a user being unable to disable those silly security warnings? I mean, I know a clean installation of Windows doesn't for example grant you write-permission to C:, but you can disable that.

13. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

Hallo Lanzelot,
    Civ3 installed on my laptop too under C:\Program Files(x86) and it is running with Windows7 (german language ;) ) without problems.

Maybe Civinator is running too still Windows7?

14. Civinator

:lol: To help in the discussion about the settings of my pc:

I have Win 10 and all is working very smoothly. There are two simple reasons for having the English version in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder of Win 10:

1. I have set a connection to the virtual store of my pc, allowing me to delete or to cut out (and than to rename) each file stored in that folder. Per example, when I create a new main biq for the conquests main folder containing the newest settings of CCM2, I cut out the stored scenario biq (at present called CCM2.47), rename it to conquests and replace the old conquests biq in the C3C mainfolder with the new biq. To assure, that the new biq will not be overwritten by the old conquest biq saved in the virtual store, I delete that biq in the virtual store before starting a game with the new biq.
    Spoiler :

2. I use the Win 10 Folder called Program Files, to run a second installation of Civ 3 Complete in German language without any collission and interference with the English version of Civ 3 Complete. I mainly did this installation to help the German civers at Civforum.de with problems they have with the German versions of Civ 3 and sometimes it is very comfortable to quickly compare the progress of a C3C game with the CCM2 settings for the standard epic game with a game having the original settings of the C3C standard game.
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018 at 9:07 AM
  15. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I've also never had any problems with it being in Program Files x86 in Vista, 7, or 10, although now that I'm in 10 I've found that CRpMapStat can't automatically find saves anymore.