1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

I dunno, it seems to be an unspoken rule of alternate history that the Provisional Government is always doomed to failure. :p

He didn't hold a military rank, but he was Minister of War for May to September and organized Russia's last (failed) offensive operation of WWI.

2. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

Does Chichen Itza count as worthy price?

The Inka were building and completing more wonders when everyone else together (including myself).
    Besides of Chichen Itza they had two cities with three wonders and some one wonder cities.

And Chichen Itza outclassed every other city in the world in culture.A culture victory was just a matter of time without interference.

The first time they attacked me, I was not ready for a counter attack and barely able to beat them back..

And their second attack was very poor timing:
    - the Great Wall had expired for them
    - I just finished developing Flight and started to massproduce A6M Reisen Fighters and G4M Hamaki Bomber
    - my own military buildup has shown good results.
    Oh, and I made an alliance with everyone against the Inka.:trouble:

If someone wonders about the free police station: Tikal has build Scotland Yard. ;)

3. Kirejara

Kirejara Chieftain

It seems that the submarine-privateer-bug also affects units with stealth attack (which works with artillery units but not with air units).

I have stationed the Q-Ship Lost Hope (industrial Privateer) in Darjeeling under a cover of Infantry, Artillery, Mobile SAM and MiG-21 Interceptors.

Sumeria was at war with everyone but India, than without warning they fired a Cruise Missile (has now stealth attack) at Darjeeling, scoring a direct hit at the Q-Ship and thereby declaring war on the last neutral nation.

EDIT and Afterthought: Since the KI loves to build Privateers, It could be an explaination, why the Sumerians declared war at all their neighbours rather randomly (Except for Carthago, as Hannibal managed to run over a sumerian Submarine... with a Subchaser!).

I am not sure which victory condition I will reach first: Domination (55%) or Space Race (only two tiles left).

And yes, the Koreans have a better Tank (Chi-Nu) than the Japanese (I-Go and Chi-Ha). ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019