International Hip-Hop Thread!!

wow, some great tracks have been posted! roots manuva's vid was damn funny and his sound was ahead of its time, too bad most of his stuff sucked.

ceza is simply gifted with talent. check his doubletime raps.

the tracks from the 'judgement night' sampler are all classics and p.e. & anthrax anyway. as is nas. i just :love: ny state of mind pt.2 one of the best ever, imo.

mesajah couldn't go wrong with voicing the superior riddim. poland has a large and lively reggae scene, so they know their stuff.

if you like reggae/dancehall, then there are so many international collabos to look out for. i post some from germaica. the riddims are made in ger, while the voicing mostly comes from anglophone countries. tanya stephens on cure riddim (last one's voicing is from pl again), seeed on doctor's darling riddim, seeed again on frogass riddim, general degree on pharao riddim and finally the shanty town riddim.

there are of course some rap collaborations i like, aswell. allthough not always strictly rap. like this uk/usa meets jamaica, movado remixed by smut.

east meets west. no offence ;)

someone posted ttc. if you like them, here are two other international genre crossing tracks featuring them.

if you like this electro/rap fusions, you might even go one step further and like adam tensta from sweden. not really my cup of tea, and i havent made up my mind wether this is rather innovative or just a less-pathetic-continuation of 1990's eurodance crap :D

but back to france. check out shurik'n. brilliant. this one from the 'ou je vis' album should even satisfy a spoiled american hip hop lover.

last time on cfc when mentioning german rap, someone was disappointed that it was not sounding as aggressiv as he expected. hope these ones have the appropriate 'achtung-jawoll-scheiße-schweinehund-level. have a look at what nato's war on serbia washed up on our shores :)

i like this music for the gym. and kollegah has the funniest and most clever comparisons, punchlines and skills in german language, but his instrumentals just suck.

I normally don't eff with the hip hop all that much, but Das Racist is definitely from the future.

Link to video.

nice tracks! i like looptroop and promoe's solo tracks are great, too. especially the first ones. :goodjob:

but what about his 'diss' against kks? that track is ridiculous. no witty or funny punchlines, just blahblah, no technique, no flow, just boredom.

too bad, he couldn't understand savas. he would be ridiculed, but amused.

hehe, I like that diss song, even though you can tell by listening to it that he's totally not used to that kind of song. still, I like it. of course, I have never listened to that guy he's talking about :D

you are absolutely right in regards to promoe not being used to battle other rappers. but that is part of the game.

promoe is imo one of those 'conscious'-rappers. talking about what is right and wrong, trying to educate us and so on. nothing wrong with that, especially when his instrumentals are just sweet. but savas is a battle rapper. he gives a middlefinger to rappers he doesn't like. and he does it in a funny way. with style.

anyway, promoe is right. kks' look etc is biting american rappers, especially diplomats.
kks is just german, while looptroop and so on are catering to an international audience. but over here, rapping in english is just a sign of showing off and in the end, the masses wouldn't understand it and wouldn't care...

kks battles promoe in his undies. ;)

yeah I see... very different styles. still, after seeing one video by that guy, he looks a little too gangsta-ish for my taste... of course, I did not understand his lyrics since I do not speak german. :D

imho, the lyrics in a song are very important, and promoe sings some deep stuff, that's what makes him better than many many rappers. way too many rappers sing a couple great lines, then lose those in a sea of "yo yo yo my dick's bigger than yours, I pull out my gun yoyoyo" crap.

for the record, my favourite musicians are bad religion, mainly because of their incredible lyrics.

Thanks Gekko, I added the Long Distance Runner song to my playlist, great one! :)

Still I prefer my own country.
I used to but haven't heard anything particularly good in my own country since the early 00's.

Top Bottom