Internet Game - CFC game

Large Big and Small with Islands, Normal or Quick speed, most settings on standard, maybe with the Legends of Revolution mod.

I have played several MP games, yes.

Hey Imp Knoedel!
How are you guys? Still alive I'd hope?
How you guys interested in planning some multi player game?
I've finally got Civ5 and Pandora FC, Pandora seems to be the best choice for multi-player, But I'm interested in any, including Civ4 LoR.
ps.. I'll be getting my PC in a couple of days, and want to make a recording of it for youtube( the game that is)

I have neither Civ5 (not over Steam anyway, aaarrrrrrrrrr :mischief:) nor Pandora, so that leaves Civ4 and its variety of mods.

I and Nighthawk are planning to play a live game on Wednesday next week (25th of March) and I thought I should ask here if more people are able and willing to join.

I'm really flexible about that, so you gotta talk to Nighthawk regarding that.

We will most likely use my personal modmod of Legends of Revolution based on his wish, though I still got some changes to make before I will upload if hopefully this weekend.

What have you changed in LoR? That interests me, although I don't think I can play a game on wednesdays

Too many changes to list, though most of them are only XML so no new game mechanics. I moved around wonder and civics effects, reworked unit balance etc. My main concern was realism and historical flavor, so sparmen are now the dominant classical unit while axes are niche, the enabling of government civics has been moved from the Pyramids which now decrease rushing cost to Temple of Artemis, the Kremlin and Statue of Liberty switched their effects, State Property is now horrendously expensive in upkeep but ridiculously powerful in production, Mercantilism and Caste System have been reworked completely and many many more. I have been working on and off on it for the past two years or so. I actually tried uploading it a couple of times, but the files are too large for CivFantics and moddb is so confusing. I will earnestly try again this weekend tough once I am done with my current wave of changes.

We don't have to necessarily use Knoedel's modmod if that will be a problem for people or keep them from playing. I have been beta-testing it with him though, and I've been really enjoying it. We can use standard BTS or any other mod people may like in order to maximize players.

I will be available between approximately 9am and dinnertime (London time) on Weds 3/25. In order to maximize play time I'd really like to be organized and get started asap that day at 9. That being said, I'm sure I will be dragging my ass out of bed and over to the computer around 9:15 :p

My goal in the game won't be necessarily to win, but to enjoy some socializing with other players and have some fun with it. I don't take it nearly as seriously as I do PBEMs :)

Blergh, so I got done with all the changes I could reasonably make for now, but now I have no idea where to upload it. It's slightly over the 10 MB limit for CivFanatics, and moddb.com is just a hassle. Even though I suffered through their stupid form now my mod actually has to wait authorization which could take several days, and that is only if I fulfilled all their arbitrary restrictions on the first try which I doubt.

Anyone got a suggestion? Then again, seeing as unfortunately nobody else but me and Nighthawk seem to be free on Wednesday I might as well just send it to him per e-mail.

Any other place we can advertise the game? Maybe some personal messages? I don't have time personally, i'm about to leave for the airport now, but... there have to be some Euros doing nothing on Weds right??

I could ask Tigranes...

I think so, yes.

Nighthawk just suggested that we start playing Tuesday evening until he passes out, and then continue on Wednesday. Perhaps we could play with you in the beginning and then retire your civ to AI after the first session?

Yes I could do that - I'm free all day tuesday. How do you guys connect to each other? Steam? Evolve? Direct IP?

Evolve I'd assume.

So we gonna use my modmod or plain BtS?

Top Bottom