Irkalla's "Firaxis-Like" Civilization Icon Tutorial

My friend made these for the mod that we're working on, what do you guys think?

Spoiler :

Spoilers until I figure out how to shrink it :/

They're nice, but the ring around the outside should be the solid colour of the interior.

We plan to try to do one eventually, but for now we're trying to get the Civs into BNW first.

The two on the far left (Light Blue and Blue, Yellow and Black) are both functioning without any kind of art. The remaining six are in varying stages of development. Anywhere from code in modbuddy to a Google Doc.

All but one of them are One City ala Venice (although some have different restrictions on annexing). Hopefully as soon as I can figure out inserting art assets I can create a thread here :D

kazakhborder.png
Kazakhstan.
Made with the help of the template above, which provided the border.

Suppose I might as well share mine as well.

Since I normally use GIMP I lost you around the final few images when you were adding the ring. I improvised a bit though and managed to get something I liked. What do you think?

Fall From Heaven 2 Amurite and Bannor, actually I want to do Balseraphs as it's second civ alphabetically. But Balseraph's icon is a detailed engrave complex icon of Smile/laughing Perpentach, so I rather not show it as it's not yet about an hour of work after I got Amurite. Unlike Bannor which take me less than 10 minutes. :)

Fall From Heaven 2 Amurite and Bannor, actually I want to do Balseraphs as it's second civ alphabetically. But Balseraph's icon is a detailed engrave complex icon of Smile/laughing Perpentach, so I rather not show it as it's not yet about an hour of work after I got Amurite. Unlike Bannor which take me less than 10 minutes. :)

Spoiler :

Is there a plan for a FFH-type mod in the works? Just curious....

Is there a plan for a FFH-type mod in the works? Just curious....

Not yet as far as I know. I (and I believe some here) mostly draft how to "port" FFH2 to Civ5. I for one waiting for someone who will lead the project and maybe communicate with Kael and other original modders if they have any problem with the project.
Meanwhile, I'll do art for other Civ project that's less abstract than FFH2 revival. But I would gladly join if there will have one.

FFH-type? I don't sure if Faerun is. But you can check it out in Civ5>Mod>Modpack forum

Top Bottom