Iron and Blood: Redux - Game Thread

BSmith1068

Deity
Retired Moderator
Iron and Blood: Redux
An Imperium Offtopicum Game

Welcome to Iron and Blood: Redux

Signups are CLOSED, but you can take over an existing nation if desired.

Iron and Blood is an empire-building slash role-playing game in the infamous Imperium Offtopicum (IOT) tradition. You create and take control of a nation, claim land, build armies, negotiate treaties, and attack each other.

It’s turn-based. One turn ends and a new turn begin with regular updates. The game will start in 1831 and each turn will represent 4 years, so the first turn will cover 1831 to the end of 1835.

There are a few house rules you are expected to follow:

1. Do not flame, troll, or personally insult any other player. You may comment on their actions negatively if they are behaving badly, but don't take it further than that.
2. Stay on topic. Make sure all comments are relevant to the fictional world of the current IOT and have nothing to do with your personal religious/political beliefs.
3. The Game Thread is not a chat room. If a conversation is only relevant to a few players, then discuss it with those players themselves. Use Social Groups or visitor/private messaging to discuss diplomatic issues. Don’t spam.
4. No powergaming. By definition, powergaming is making your country surpass every other country by all terms including armed forces, technology, etc.
6. The GM is supreme. He reserves the right to change game rules, ignore or modify orders, impose restrictions on players, disband player nations, and so on.
7. Above all else, RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS.

People who break these rules will be penalized in variously strange and interesting ways. If you piss me off too much I will kick you out of the game.

FULL RULES

Full and detailed rules are in the IB:R Diplomacy Social group.

Is it very complicated? Not really; I try to make this relatively simple compared to some of the recent games. It takes perhaps a couple of minutes to put your orders for the turn together, though diplomatic discussions can take a bit more of your time.

How do I join? Fill in this application:

Nation name: what you want to call it.
Flag: can be RL flag or make your own.
Color: what you want your color to be on the map.
Capital: your capital province. This is the only province you will start with.
Description: give a description of your nation, (preferably more than a few sentences, but you don’t need to write an essay) for example who lives in your nation, history, politics, government policies, religion, culture, sport, and anything else you care to add.
National Goals: your nation’s aspirations.

If you are joining after the game has already started, you’ll still need to do the above, but I will give your nation some bonuses to compensate for starting late.

Roleplaying is very important in this game and highly encouraged. Unlike in other IOT games, however, I do care if your nation is inhabited by radioactive sultanas. Please keep things fairly realistic. I’m not very strict about it but you are expected to know a bit about geography (for example, expect a tougher fight in mountainous Afghanistan or snowy Russia) as well as some knowledge of 19th and 20th century history, and if you show up in 1860 with televisions or aircraft carriers or a 10 million-men army, I will assume you are consciously powergaming and take appropriate action. Anyone who forms Batmanistan will be kicked instantly.

You all start at 1820s tech; by this time you’re starting to see factories and early railroads appearing. Armies fight with late Napoleonic weapons. You are starting to see early steamships but wooden sailing ships, including ships of the line and fast ocean-going “clippers”, still dominate the waves. It is an exciting time when new ideas and ideologies are rising to challenge the status quo.

You can leave the game at anytime; I’m not going to stop you, though please, only join this game if you think you can stay active. You can rejoin, unless I kicked you out. Countries of people who quit will be NPCed.

UPDATE 0

Let the games begin.​

Spoiler The Map :

Spoiler The Stats :

Deadlines:

Initial Declaration Phase: 0800 Eastern US Time; Wednesday, November 9
Response Declaration Phase: 0800 Eastern US Time; Friday, November 11
Orders Due: 0800 Eastern US Time: Monday, November 14

Please note that I have all these deadlines and important links in my signature.

lurker's comment: first post, will be lurking this

(and as soon as I figure out who it works I'll edit the front: Lurkers comment :p)
EDIT: with thanks to SK ;)

I wonder who gets the first DoW :D

Can you please move my capital city to Jakarta?

Anyways:

Although the unification of Indonesia was complete, Suparman still felt that this was not enough. His empire was large- his cartographers believed that there were at least 5 000 islands inhabited by his subjects. New Sharia courts had to be built, police officers, custom officials, bureaucrats, judges to be hired. In addition, new factories were popping up all over the empire. Although spices remained an intergal part to the economy, the world was rapidly industrialising and without a power base, Jakarta would fall behind. Although only two factories were built at this point (a textile mill in Jakarta and a mill for grinding spices in Kutaraja), the Sultan and his Viziers were convinced that Indonesia will oneday be the a world leader in industry and commerce.

2 IC to Stability
2 IC to Factories

I'll move it. Next map update will show it.

German Reich

Government: Empire
Color: Gray
Capital: Germany (Berlin)
Leader: Führer Nedim I von Bosnia
Religion: No State religion, any religion allowed
Currency: Reichsmark
Main Export: Salt, Fur, Wine...
Description: In 1399 a Bosnian Noble family married to the Austrian Royals, the family, gaining much power in salt trade, took over Lübek and Hamburg, with trade secure by the 1500's the family, with the help of the Austrians took over Prussia, from its empty thrown, In 1824 Nedim I von Bosnia reunited Germany.
National Goals: Deutschland über alles

Geography

Climate: Continental

Terrain: Various

Natural Resources: coal, copper, wool, lead, iron ore, salt, gold, wood..

Natural Hazards: None

Geography Note: Hilly and lots of Rivers

People

Population: 31,834,322

Population Growth: Currently 2.5%

Major City: Berlin und Bayern

Nationality:

noun: German(s)
adjective: German

Ethnic groups: German 90%, Poles 4% Bosnians 3% and others 3%

Official Language: German

Government

Country Name:

conventional long form: Deutsches Reich
conventional short form: German Reich
local long form: Deutsches Reich und Bosnisch Reich
local short form: Deutschland

Government type:
Absolute Monarchy (Fake Parliament)

Capital: Berlin

Administrative divisions: 16 Länder

National holiday: National Day, 12 July (1821)

Legal System: Civil Law

Economy

Economy - overview: Industry above Industry

Exports: Wool, Coal, Fur, Copper, Gold, Salt, Wine and Rakia

Imports: Ivory, Bananas, Basic Manufactured Goods, fish, kerosene, Opium, Coffee, Tea...

Currency: Reichsmark

Military

Military branches: Wermacht und Jäger Battalion

Military service age and obligation: All men of 18 must go on one years training

Transnational Issues

This again?

2 IC factories
2 IC Central Europe

@Farsight Yup, thats my nations info and I will be editing it.

To day is a wonderful day to be French, today our brilliant inventors have created a new form of entertainment Mime artists! These marvelous entertainers can do such things as dance or pretend to be trapped in an invisible box. The officials of Paris are throwing all there weight behind the program by offering mime artists 300 Franks a month to perform on there streets.

To day is a wonderful day to be French, today our brilliant inventors have created a new form of entertainment Mime artists! These marvelous entertainers can do such things as dance or pretend to be trapped in an invisible box. The officials of Paris are throwing all there weight behind the program by offering mime artists 300 Franks a month to perform on there streets.
The Greeks and Romans were way ahead of you.

THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE

Government: Republican Empire: The White Hands overthrew the emperor in 1796. After a three year interregnum, in 1799, the "New Empire" was established with a bill of rights and a new system of electing the emperor. A province system was established and the elected leaders of each province formed the Imperial Council. At death of the current emperor the Council would convene and elect a new emperor.

The leader of the White Hands, George Constantine, was elected emperor. His reign was fruitful. In 1825, George Constantine died. His successor was named Perseus, after an ancient Greek legendary hero.

Byzantium is thus a "republican empire"

Capital: Constantinople

Emperors:
George Constantine (1799-1825)
Perseus (1825-)

Religion: Under the Bill of Rights, religious tolerance is guaranteed. The majority is Eastern Orthodox, but some areas have strong Sunni and Catholic minorities.
Currency: The Stavraton, Issued in 1, 2, 5, 10, and 20 stavatron coins after reforms by George Constantine in 1803.
Official Language: Greek

What!?! How dare you call a Frenchman a fraud, we're lover, fighters, singers, dancers, and sometimes starving but never frauds. It is quite obvious that they copied us.

2IC Guiana

2IC Factories

Top Bottom