• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Iron Curtain Pbem #2

Sorry for the somewhat belated reply, but most of Darius post I quote here was inserted later. When I first saw his post it merely stated:

Anyway, I'm sick of this POINTLESS debate about FICTICIOUS pretexts, so maybe this'll wrap it up: WE ARE EVIL FASCIST AGGRESSORS, AND HAVE RUTHLESSLY CONQUERED PAKISTAN IN ORDER TO EAT PAKISTANI CHILDREN. TRY AND STOP US.

Happy now? :rolleyes:

Now that Darius has added to his post, I do see some things I would like to reply to:

Originally posted by Darius

You are correct that the U.S.' intentions weren't properly announced on the thread; their first mention of the war was rather vague:
My actions were taken with these private conversations in mind.
understood

IF the U.S. would be willing to make peace with SEATO, I would withdraw from Pakistan unconditionally, as its security would no longer be threatened. However, that's a big if, as I'm sure the U.S. will not make peace.
In view of this Indian statement, the USSR proposes a cease-fire to India in Pakistan, and both Soviet and Indian forces can remain in their respective Zones of Control as they exist now.
This will allow for SEATO and the USA to work out a cease-fire and preferably a peace treaty between them. Once the peace is signed, both nations will return Pakistan to SEATO control.

Would they have ceded [Pakistan] if I had asked? Thought not.
That question can never be answered, as it was never asked when it realy mattered.

To the USSR it is important that Pakistan will remain under SEATO control. We will commit our armed forces to this goal, until SEATO decides otherwise.

To the USA we say: stop your war of agression against SEATO, you cannot possibly win, short of using your nuclear arsenal. That would be a most unwise move.

Originally posted by germanos
In view of this Indian statement, the USSR proposes a cease-fire to India in Pakistan, and both Soviet and Indian forces can remain in their respective Zones of Control as they exist now.
This will allow for SEATO and the USA to work out a cease-fire and preferably a peace treaty between them. Once the peace is signed, both nations will return Pakistan to SEATO control.

Fine, we leave the territory as-is, but I highly doubt the U.S. will end its war (again, considering conversations on MSN), so this would do both of us little good.

Originally posted by germanos
That question can never be answered

Sure it can: Greeny can say now whether or not he would have handed the nation over unconditionally to avoid a war.

The USA will stop fighting with SEATO if the USSR will stop fighting with India.

Well, India took Pakistan because the U.S. was fighting SEATO, and the USSR is fighting India because it took Pakistan. So if you stand by your statement, then we could all end hostilities right now.

Operation to liberate Manila is launched; its garrison is virtually destroyed. Only an estimated company size force of marines remains. Once Manila is in SEATO hands (by diplomacy or by force next turn) we will be happy to make peace with the USA.

Stragglers from the Indian invasion fleet (a submarine and a helicopter) were also destroyed.

SEATO's military might is far from exhausted!

SEATO will now have to make some hefty reparations or face harsh repurcussions.

Nothing interesting to report.

Ministry of Heavy Industry
Some pollution occured in two squares. Half of it is allready cleaned.
Soviet researchers conclude there is a high risk (75%) of negative effects of increasing pollution on the globe. They hereby appeal to their fellow scientists from all countries to use the influence they might have in the government to counter this threat. An organisation of some sort needs to be formed to coordinate efforts to reduce pollution and to encourage the cleaning of polluted area's.

Pakistani Front
The Soviet union has ordered all its forces in Pakistan and the Indian Ocean to cease firing on Indian troops or vessels. Recent statements from both India and the USA fuel hope that the war the two countries wage on SEATO will soon come to an end. Especially the words of the American spokesman have warranted the cease-fire. A confirmation from India could not be obtained, despite our efforts.

Chinese forces have seized control of the airfield NNE of Karachi.

international news
The Suez canal remains blocked by US ships at both entry points, despite requests for passage earlier this year.
Seasick Soviet forces are now looking for a flight home from Jerusalem International Airport.

Indeed, India has agreed to a ceasefire. With The U.S. now making peace, Pakistan has no need for protection, and will hopefully soon be given back to SEATO.

All the world's pollution is in USSR held territory...the USA offered to help and the USSR refused. If the USSR would like to reconsider its prior position, engineers can be sent to help clean up the mess made in the nuclear war.

Indeed, India has agreed to a ceasefire. With The U.S. now making peace, Pakistan has no need for protection, and will hopefully soon be given back to SEATO.

The CCCP welcomes the Indian statement.

The CCCP invites India and SEATO to Tehran for talks on any timetable for restoring SEATO rule over Pakistan.

Originally posted by Choke
All the world's pollution is in USSR held territory...the USA offered to help and the USSR refused. If the USSR would like to reconsider its prior position, engineers can be sent to help clean up the mess made in the nuclear war.

Soviet Intelligence shows that large pollution is present at the USA. Furthermore, Soviet researchers dispute that radio-active contamination in Europe contribute to Global Warming. It is the pollution that is caused by industrial activities that pose a threat to the climate. Pollution of this kind is mostly located in the USA.

The CCCP however welcomes the American offer to help cleaning up the radio-active waste in Europe. We invite the USA to present their plans for their aid in this issue. Their help surely could be used in those area's that have been target of American nuclear weapons, or of that of his former ally, NATO. Those areas include Moscow, Stalingrad, Berlin, Paris and Munich. Most of the contamination in those areas has been removed by Soviet engineers however, so maybe other areas could be handled by the USA.

The Arab league damands that the US withdraw their ships from the suez canal, as it is clearly stated that it´s an international waterway and therefore may not be blocked by any nation. Should the US not comply with this, we will be forced to consider harsher measures.

This is exelent news. SEATO forces will be ordered to cease engagments on the Indian military.

"Soviet Intelligence shows that large pollution is present at the USA"

There are perhaps a few polluted areas in the USA but nothing in comparison to that caused by radioactive waste in the USSR. The USA will send engineers to help clean the mess, they can go wherever they are needed.

"The Arab league damands that the US withdraw their ships from the suez canal, as it is clearly stated that it´s an international waterway and therefore may not be blocked by any nation. Should the US not comply with this, we will be forced to consider harsher measures."

The USA apologizes for this, it was meant to keep Soviet troops from reaching Pakistan but that is no longer necessary.

"This is exelent news. SEATO forces will be ordered to cease engagments on the Indian military."

SEATO can also have peace with the USA if they STOP ATTACKING MANILLA! If they do not stop attacking, hostilities will have to continue.

EDIT: In fact US forces will withdraw from Manilla IF SEATO replaces the units they destroyed in their attack last month.

[BThere are perhaps a few polluted areas in the USA but nothing in comparison to that caused by radioactive waste in the USSR. The USA will send engineers to help clean the mess, they can go wherever they are needed.
[/B]

take your pick :D

The CCCP estimates practically all pollution will be cleared however in a year or so, so we doubt you can aid us in time. Maybe, in our humble opinon, the US Engineers would be of better use in the USA itself.

EDIT: In fact US forces will withdraw from Manilla IF SEATO replaces the units they destroyed in their attack last month.

How exactly does the USA suggest that such a replacement might be facilitated?

Live game.

As for the pollution, the US has plenty of engineers along the eastern seaboard of North America that can be shipped to Europe.

Originally posted by Greeny

How exactly does the USA suggest that such a replacement might be facilitated?

To the USA:

I suppose what SEATO means to say here is:

How I am supposed to replace units when I have been onder attack from three nations, who have killed much of my army, captured many of my cities and robbed me of my capital?

But I could be wrong.

In any case, the USSR finds the American demand proposterous.
The USA has started this war of agression against SEATO. We don't know what has been going on behind the scenes that triggered the war. "SEATO has been an uncooperative ally" or words like that have been used by the US to justify his war.

Not only did the US attck without warning, from what has emerged from various sources lately, it has also encouraged India to join the fight against SEATO.
Now that the USA is having his butt kicked by the brave SEATO soldiers, the US is in no position to demand reperations from SEATO. Manilla has been an integral part of SEATO, and the occupation of the city is an outrage.

SEATO has suffered more then enough, and even though it appears it will restore order in Pakistan and Manilla, the infrastructure in these places will have been practically destroyed. SEATO will probably need all its recources to rebuild the ravaged cities.

The American conditions for peace seem a bit harsh given the situation SEATO is in.

US Engineers to Europe?
Feel free to send them, but as I said, by the time they get there most of the dirt will have been cleared.

SEATO can:

A) let go of Manilla

B) pay for Manilla with units since they didn't need to attack on their last turn but DID ANYWAY

C) continue fighting...which is bad for everyone

Top Bottom