Is Early War good enough?

IIRC you can do it once, but if you start doing it multiple times, then you end up getting the nearby city states pissed at you.

Thing is, I usually do this in ALL my games, in Vanilla doing it to different city states doesn't create any malus / diplomatic reaction. If I'm lucky enough, I end up with 3 free workers.

And I feel ashamed. But more powerful !

Yes, in vanilla BNW you gain their works of arts and you can use a spy when you view the city to see the works in the city.

If you cant tell where enemy great works of art are by default then gaining this knowledge would be an awesome addition to the honor tree or some other tree. It would provide another incentive to attack a city. Sorry if this suggestion might belong in another thread.

Can't they be moved in the last turn before the city is captured anyways (if a slot is available of course)?

So there's not much you can do about it, even if it's in your target city when you attack, it will be in one of the last you can conquer anyways... So no, I don't think this would be a viable addition. Also not in the honor tree as it's an early game one and the only slots at the time are in the capital or where they built the wonders (which you do know about where they are situated...)

If pillaging is to play a larger roll as to cripple a civ without capturing cities, is it possible to code ships/aircraft/Seige to destroy/pillage tiles(without earning gold). IIRC this was a feature of Civ4 or 3. It made the strategic bombing of resources one of the first actions in a war. Right now our only option is to sent units behind enemy lines. This would give more importance to navies and air forces and give war greater depth.

I don't think you should be able to pillage from a long way away with aircraft, where the unit in question is never really at risk. You should have to actually get there in the thick of it where there is a chance you could lose your unit if the enemy has an army nearby.

Ships can pillage naval trade routes and fishing boats, I think that's sufficient.

But airunits don't die if intercepted. They just lose some hp which costs nothing to heal.
Should your proposal be accepted, you would have to decide between possibility of crippling your enemy or having your airunit take some damage.

I bet all players could accept that risk. Plus it could really cripple AIs strategic resource units. AI is already bad at combat and often behind in tech during later eras ( when aerial combat takes place). It doesn't need additional penalty.

In earlier versions of Civ this Strategic Bombing option was a percentage. Just because you bombed didn't mean that you got it. This would actually make a great early promotion.

So you send your bomber on a mission, the enemy planes or AA can intercept and if you get through there is only a chance you actually succeed in destroying the hex. Either way you gain no gold.

Top Bottom