is patch N playable in multi/lan? I fear OOS hell.

Cuteunit

Danse Macabre
Previous FFH versions sometimes dropped an OOS on my 2 civ playing friends and I every other turn. Burned them out entirely but I keep the torch burning. It's been a while now. How is the synch in the newest patch N?

I'm about to play a round of it with a friend, I know what you mean though.

Ever since we updated to patch 'm', we get OOS pretty much every 2-5 turns once we hit mid-game.

I'll let you know how it goes. :p

On a side note, do you know where to find the patch notes for 'n'?

I'm about to play a round of it with a friend, I know what you mean though.

Ever since we updated to patch 'm', we get OOS pretty much every 2-5 turns once we hit mid-game.

I'll let you know how it goes. :p

On a side note, do you know where to find the patch notes for 'n'?

In the bug thread, look at the very first post.

Short of a truly gamebusting bug, is Patch N the final patch for FfH? I've no obejction if it is - after all real life and other projects beckon, and I'm very grateful for all the hard work put into this mod - just interested to know if this is the last patch ever.

My 2 friends and I played a long game over the weekend and it seemed no worse for OOS than patch M. Only 3 OOS's. The having everyone quit to desktop and restart FFH trick seem to work just fine.

I'd suggest finding more human players and taking as few AI's as possible. A game that we started with 6 players and has now 5 players and 2 AI's (one player quit, one abandoned his starting civ for Infernals) around turn 230 and hasn't gone OOS apart from Hyborem's entrance.

Yea, OOS seems to be down somewhat on the upgrade from m -> n .. hence less OOS :)

Why certainly, unless I am otherwise occupied.

Sorry but it still OOS's :(

Looks as though your gonna have to wait for FFH3 to get stable multi

Played many times < 4 human 1 AI > no OOS . Anymore AI,s its OOS hell :( We think its AI,s fighting each other that starts OOS.

Played an MP game this last weekend, 4 Human and 4 Ai. Unrecoverable OOS's at a couple of hundred turns in.

Anyone have a link to patch G ... seems to be last playable patch for multiplayer with AI,s Tks :sad:

Me and few others tried to play. started out fine but then OOS came then they came more frequently, again and again, till it became a OOS about every turn. Will this ever be fixed, and mod actually playable?

MP works fine, as long as you don't have any AI's. The OOSing appears to be related to what the AI chooses to build, but thats unconfirmed. See Thundi's post, although that single AI slot is probably better saved for Hyborem or Basium.

It's impossible to play a 4 player 5 AI game.

Why is this not absolute #1 fix? Why isn't it being looked into? I know Kael is making a retail product of his own, but after a year of OOS I don't think it'll be something I'll buy. Obviously there's a fix, as patch G doesn't go OOS. However, the patch G AI is archaic.

Post a save that goes OOS and, when I have the time, I'll look into it. No guarantees I'll find a fix or that it'll get included in the mod if I do but reporting a bug with "IT GOES OOS. FIX IT" isn't going to help.

Top Bottom