Is there anyone that pre-ordered and DID NOT get the preload with the patch...

It's only an issue if the servers get overloaded trying to push the game to all those who bought it and it did not pre-load to them for whatever reason. So far I've not seen more than an hour or so delay after release for most steam d/l's, even with no pre-loading.

I preordered on June 15th and didn't get the files when I updated to the patch. I seem to remember being able to download G&K the night before it unlocked at midnight, but I could be confused. Either that, or I got really lucky with download speeds, because I had the game loaded and was playing it at 12:07 am on release day.

I think the preload was a mistake on steams part and only happened to those who were online around the time the patch went live. My theory is that a preload is planned (probably night of) and just got activated when the patch was by accident (maybe in the same queue), thus the preload was stopped/deactivated for anyone patching later in the day.

I am confused - can somebody help me out?

Does preordering (or buying a key on sites like mmoga.de) allow me to play it on 9th of july, instead of waiting for the international release date? Even when I'm not a US resident?

Does preordering (or buying a key on sites like mmoga.de) allow me to play it on 9th of july, instead of waiting for the international release date? Even when I'm not a US resident?

Sadly not; the release date is region-specific. Even though I was one of those who was able to pre-load through Steam earlier this week, the game is "locked" until 12th July.

Since you're from Austria you are packed with the rest of the world having to wait a couple more days. And since we are in the same timezone, the download should become available for you next Friday at 1 'o clock in the morning.

Its simple:
WHEN IT RELEASES YOU WILL GET THE DAMN GAME!!!

I don't see why you expect to get it early.

Thanks guys. Although it is not the response I was hoping for, I must admit :blush: may july 9th-11th be a time of sunshine and booze then.

Its simple:
Move to the land of the free & and home of the brave and you will get it on on the 9th.

What's the quickest way to tell if you got the pre-load and/or the patch?

Aussie.

What's the quickest way to tell if you got the pre-load and/or the patch?

Aussie.

For the patch, just go in go into the game and at the bottom of the main menu look for version 1.0.3.18.

As for the pre-load, got to your install location, then to the assets folder, then the DLC folder, and finally if you got the pre-load you should see an Expansion2 folder. here's my path for reference:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

You can unlock the game earlier, google is your friend.

Its simple:
Move to the land of the free & and home of the brave and you will get it on on the 9th.
There's no internet access in Guantanamo, bro! ;)

Anyhow, isn't the early-access-with-a-little-help-from-google violating terms of use? I'm a little chicken when it comes to messing around with a steam account packed tight with games.

Also, the easiest way to check whether the patch was installed is just to run the game. Graphics has changed significantly so it's easy to tell the difference.

For the patch, just go in go into the game and at the bottom of the main menu look for version 1.0.3.18.

As for the pre-load, got to your install location, then to the assets folder, then the DLC folder, and finally if you got the pre-load you should see an Expansion2 folder. here's my path for reference:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

Thanks for that. It's just that I haven't seen any actual indication that I've even gotten the patch yet ;-).

Aussie.

Thanks for that. It's just that I haven't seen any actual indication that I've even gotten the patch yet ;-).

Aussie.

Just check the version number at the bottom of the main screen. If it's not 1.0.3.18, reverify the integrity of your local game cache through Steam. Patch should download.

Top Bottom