Is there anyone that pre-ordered and DID NOT get the preload with the patch...

For the patch, just go in go into the game and at the bottom of the main menu look for version 1.0.3.18.

As for the pre-load, got to your install location, then to the assets folder, then the DLC folder, and finally if you got the pre-load you should see an Expansion2 folder. here's my path for reference:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

Hmm, I'm showing 1.0.2.44, so I'm guessing I don't have the patch yet. Is there a release delay for the non-US people?

Aussie.

Riga... Teutonic Order... :D, yeah, I am waiting for the 8th by playing some TO in EU3... must be amazing to see all the historical places around there.

So, you in Riga already have it, but I am neighbouring Valve's HQ and don't? May I ask you when you pre-ordered?

I find it amusing that they may have decided to discriminate among pre-orderers... how? Who ordered before a given date? What is the discriminant factor? Unacceptable if you ask me, and it goes in their favour to pre-load to as many pre-ordererers as possible to free bandwidth for release date... hard to understand.

Sorry for the ULTRA late reply, but I actually got it as a gift (traded for 6 DOTA 2 keys) and got the RoW edition. Activated on June 18, if that matters. Got the download on July 2. (really unexpected) I got it literally hours or so after the patch was released, so maybe they disabled it later.

Its simple:
WHEN IT RELEASES YOU WILL GET THE DAMN GAME!!!

I don't see why you expect to get it early.

In case you did not understand the main topic, nobody is asking for an EARLY RELEASE but for a fair and efficient PRE-LOAD of the files, so that we don't trip over each other at release time and create a bottleneck in the Steam servers.

Got it?

In case you did not understand the main topic, nobody is asking for an EARLY RELEASE but for a fair and efficient PRE-LOAD of the files, so that we don't trip over each other at release time and create a bottleneck in the Steam servers.

Got it?

Well that's why the Red White & Blue are getting it 3 days early.

Hmm, I'm showing 1.0.2.44, so I'm guessing I don't have the patch yet. Is there a release delay for the non-US people?

Aussie.

Did you try quitting the Steam app and re-starting it, then re-starting Civ V? That sometimes works for me to update a main game executable.

I got the opposite actually, didn't pre-order but got the patch. Then I remembered that the 10% off was until the 9th so I went and bought it. Funny how that worked.

Just pre-ordered on Playstore (a Turkish store) and it says "we will send the key on 12 july" so, I'm waiting...

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available to pre-order on Steam and I didn't get a preload.

Yeah, totally badass.

Why are you revealing the new American UU? You know that's only in the American release.

Edit: At least you didn't tell them this new UU has 10000 combat strength, can only defend, can enter any lands even if the borders are closed and while in foreign lands it reduces the tourism and cultural output of the nearest city to -100, because no-one want's to be near the Ugly American Tourist. It can't collect any ruins, doesn't trigger meeting city states or other civs, starts with embarkation and can enter oceans without astronomy.

Oh, crap, now I've told them and given away the name of the unit. At least I didn't let slip that it has a movement rate of 40, production cost of 10 and is available as soon as someone creates the first trade route.

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available to pre-order on Steam and I didn't get a preload.

This right here is probably the strongest proof that the initial pre-load was indeed a mistake... now I wonder why? What is there to be done (that could lead to any sort of damage to the release) with a bunch of files that are useless without the CGE?

This right here is probably the strongest proof that the initial pre-load was indeed a mistake... now I wonder why? What is there to be done (that could lead to any sort of damage to the release) with a bunch of files that are useless without the CGE?

Until we hear from people who've gotten the pre-load since the day the patch hit, I think we can safely assume it was a mistake. I'm guessing there was a period of a few minutes or hours after it came out where the pre-load went with the patch download, and then it was fixed. I preordered the game in early June, and downloaded the patch as soon as I got home from work the day it was released (so probably 3-4 hours after the fact), and didn't get it. I don't think I read about anyone downloading it after I did who got it, either.

Did anybody out there download the patch more than a few hours after it hit who got the pre-load?

Another point here, is I keep Steam up all the time. So it should have patched as soon as the patch was released. I don' t know exactly what time the patch was released or if my system automatically patched right away, because the patch was already downloaded when I woke up. I sleep odd hours, because my wife works nights.

Another point here, is I keep Steam up all the time. So it should have patched as soon as the patch was released. I don' t know exactly what time the patch was released or if my system automatically patched right away, because the patch was already downloaded when I woke up. I sleep odd hours, because my wife works nights.

I leave Steam open as well, so if it worked that way, I should have gotten the patch when it hit. I fired up the game as soon as I got home to see if it had patched, and it hadn't. I had to close and restart Steam to get the patch to download. YMMV.

strange, i DID NOT pre-order BNW and yet when i booted up civ last night it had everything patched - new worker icons, new jungle tile graphics etc? or is that supposed to happen anyway?

from Singapore

strange, i DID NOT pre-order BNW and yet when i booted up civ last night it had everything patched - new worker icons, new jungle tile graphics etc? or is that supposed to happen anyway?

from Singapore

That was supposed to happen anyway, it was just a regular, scheduled patch.

Top Bottom