Is there anyone that pre-ordered and DID NOT get the preload with the patch...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Hmm, I'm showing 1.0.2.44, so I'm guessing I don't have the patch yet. Is there a release delay for the non-US people?

Aussie.

2. EnterDOT

EnterDOT Chieftain

Sorry for the ULTRA late reply, but I actually got it as a gift (traded for 6 DOTA 2 keys) and got the RoW edition. Activated on June 18, if that matters. Got the download on July 2. (really unexpected) I got it literally hours or so after the patch was released, so maybe they disabled it later.

3. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

In case you did not understand the main topic, nobody is asking for an EARLY RELEASE but for a fair and efficient PRE-LOAD of the files, so that we don't trip over each other at release time and create a bottleneck in the Steam servers.

Got it?

4. Jerman

Jerman Would you like a Trade Agreement?

Well that's why the Red White & Blue are getting it 3 days early.

5. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Not only the red, white and blue but the maple leaf also...

6. Jerman

Jerman Would you like a Trade Agreement?

Maybe... But we are more badass than a bunch of cowards the can only say "Eh?" all the damn time.

Moderator Action: Repetitive trolling is something you really should avoid in the future.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

7. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

Yeah, totally badass.

Moderator Action: Please do not quote trolls as you are responsible for the content of your posts, including what you quote.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Did you try quitting the Steam app and re-starting it, then re-starting Civ V? That sometimes works for me to update a main game executable.

9. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

I got the opposite actually, didn't pre-order but got the patch. Then I remembered that the 10% off was until the 9th so I went and bought it. Funny how that worked.

10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

:goodjob:
    Moderator Action: No spam please.

11. IkM

IkM King

Just pre-ordered on Playstore (a Turkish store) and it says "we will send the key on 12 july" so, I'm waiting...

12. Monthar

Monthar Deity

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available to pre-order on Steam and I didn't get a preload.

13. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Why are you revealing the new American UU? You know that's only in the American release.

Edit: At least you didn't tell them this new UU has 10000 combat strength, can only defend, can enter any lands even if the borders are closed and while in foreign lands it reduces the tourism and cultural output of the nearest city to -100, because no-one want's to be near the Ugly American Tourist. It can't collect any ruins, doesn't trigger meeting city states or other civs, starts with embarkation and can enter oceans without astronomy.

Oh, crap, now I've told them and given away the name of the unit. At least I didn't let slip that it has a movement rate of 40, production cost of 10 and is available as soon as someone creates the first trade route.

14. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

This right here is probably the strongest proof that the initial pre-load was indeed a mistake... now I wonder why? What is there to be done (that could lead to any sort of damage to the release) with a bunch of files that are useless without the CGE?

15. vcutag

vcutag Warlord

Until we hear from people who've gotten the pre-load since the day the patch hit, I think we can safely assume it was a mistake. I'm guessing there was a period of a few minutes or hours after it came out where the pre-load went with the patch download, and then it was fixed. I preordered the game in early June, and downloaded the patch as soon as I got home from work the day it was released (so probably 3-4 hours after the fact), and didn't get it. I don't think I read about anyone downloading it after I did who got it, either.

Did anybody out there download the patch more than a few hours after it hit who got the pre-load?

16. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Another point here, is I keep Steam up all the time. So it should have patched as soon as the patch was released. I don' t know exactly what time the patch was released or if my system automatically patched right away, because the patch was already downloaded when I woke up. I sleep odd hours, because my wife works nights.

17. vcutag

vcutag Warlord

I leave Steam open as well, so if it worked that way, I should have gotten the patch when it hit. I fired up the game as soon as I got home to see if it had patched, and it hadn't. I had to close and restart Steam to get the patch to download. YMMV.

18. oxygenjoe

oxygenjoe Chieftain

strange, i DID NOT pre-order BNW and yet when i booted up civ last night it had everything patched - new worker icons, new jungle tile graphics etc? or is that supposed to happen anyway?

from Singapore

19. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

That was supposed to happen anyway, it was just a regular, scheduled patch.

20. Kruppe

Kruppe Chieftain

I have Steam & CIV installed on two different pc (home and work :D)

At home has already downloaded the expansion, at work no. :lol: :lol: :lol: