Is there going to be a patch to sort out the bugs this patch has created

Diplomacy has become extremely odd. They don't trade extra luxury resources anymore (Not their final copy.). All their offers are terrible for luxury resources. A Civ I was friends with offer me 1 gold per turn for 3 luxury resources. Dealing wasn't silly in ancient era, but gets progressively worse. They just give up cities so easily in peace deals for unknown reasons. I know I'm winning the war, but to give up nearly their entire empire? I usually just take city states back to liberate them, which I'm glad they added the ability to liberate cities you receive in peace deals.

Overall, Civ5 diplomacy made more sense than this. They hate you, you get poor offers. They're neutral to you, you get neutral offers. You're friends, they might hook you up with a good deal, but nothing silly.

... I usually just take city states back to liberate them, which I'm glad they added the ability to liberate cities you receive in peace deals.
Did that work out for you? I saw no button to click on neither sth like the raze city/keep city window nor in the bottom right corner or the city view itself

The BIG thing that everyone is SO happy about that allows you to save your settings does not work, I have started two games with different civs and for some reason in both games I have elected to start with 8 civs and 16 city states and the game has started with 3 and 4 civs and god knows how many city states?
Have you gone into Advanced settings and saved your configuration then reloaded it?

Lack of communication and unwillingness to hotfix are making me despair here too. I accepted a less-than-ideal game at release because I had some faith that it would be improved with time, and I don't know if I'm just being impatient but it feels like they're not doing much here, releasing fairly small changes over long time scales and not addressing bugs quickly. I feel like Civ 5 had made some fairly major changes by now in its comparative lifespan, just in patches, and had much more frequent small patches to address glaring issues.

I mean, to this day Civ 5 has obvious unprofessional things like Krakatoa that even a casual player would notice. If they never even bothered to patch that, I can't see why they'd get on board the hotfix train now.

Why can't they release a beta patch and have us test it, With a good system to deliver feedback/bugs? Its what all the other companies are doing... This patch feels like a beta.

The game is almost a year old and the amount of DLC,patches they released could have been made in 5 months....

Did that work out for you? I saw no button to click on neither sth like the raze city/keep city window nor in the bottom right corner or the city view itself
Yeah, I did numerous times in one game. During a peace deal, if I see they have a city-state, I ask for it, then get a prompt to liberate or keep the city after I close the trade window.

Is there anyway to roll back the game to the previous version, because its just unplayable at the moment in my opinion...
If they were to do that it would break compatibility with the DLC. Even if it were worth it in all other regards, which is a matter that'd probably cause arguments on its own, they would not do so for that reason alone.

It's bad business to tell your customers who bought something that they suddenly can't use it anymore, even if (or perhaps especially if) they're getting it for free as an apology gift for previous transgressions.

If they were to do that it would break compatibility with the DLC. Even if it were worth it in all other regards, which is a matter that'd probably cause arguments on its own, they would not do so for that reason alone.

It's bad business to tell your customers who bought something that they suddenly can't use it anymore, even if (or perhaps especially if) they're getting it for free as an apology gift for previous transgressions.

I think kamex meant to ask if an individual could roll back his own installation (at the expense of newer DLC compatibility).

Have you gone into Advanced settings and saved your configuration then reloaded it?

Thanks for the tip but to be honest, this particular change really doesn't bother me in the slightest ( would be good if it worked though ) I haven't bothered with this game since the patch and don't think I will again until I see a reasonable sized patch update in my steam account.

Just fed up with this series in general really

I don't think Firaxis believes in hotfixes, or play-testing for that matter.

Sure they believe in it. We ARE the playtesters.

I've never touched the development or beta for civ 6, but I'm pretty confident the issues have nothing to do with playtesting.

It's not like people are unearthing some esoteric input sequence that causes infinite resources to break MP. Something like that you could pin on QA missing.

When you can open a game, play for 10-15 minutes, and immediately identify many glaring issues consistent across games...it's a safe bet that the issues run a little deeper than testing the game, especially given persistent issues identified by end users in earlier patches.

There's plenty to fix. It just doesn't get fixed. It gets DLC'd while the problems go unfixed. Among an array of differences, this is one trait Firaxis truly shares with Paradox lately, to the detriment of the quality of both companies' products.

Losing CQUI was a regression outright.

I haven't bothered with this game since the patch and don't think I will again until I see a reasonable sized patch update in my steam account.
That's a shame - I've fired it up again having unsubscribed from all Mods etc and I'm quite enjoying it. Not hit any major issues yet.

So what is our collective guess as to why each patch creates ao many new bugs?

Are the patches simply too big for their available resources? Because I'd take smaller & better quality patches over what has happened so far.

Probably time and resources.

Civ6 post winter/spring/summer patch is no longer the same Civ6 from the fall launch, so this isn't really the same as things going unfixed for 9 months, but changes to the game creating new issues, which is understandable.
The biggest bug reports I'm seeing are all related to the changes they made to the game on the summer patch.

There's plenty to fix. It just doesn't get fixed. It gets DLC'd while the problems go unfixed. Among an array of differences, this is one trait Firaxis truly shares with Paradox lately, to the detriment of the quality of both companies' products.

Losing CQUI was a regression outright.

This is why I've skipped Civ6 and no longer support Paradox.

Paradox at least communicates when their patches screw the pooch and they are generally pretty quick to release hot fixes.

I can't say the same for Firaxis at this point....

I'm so tired of the 'Now you have a Scout', 'We're now competing for Great People', etc, etc, etc, messages popping up again and again and again.

Top Bottom