ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

Because of a thunderstorm I've had to take the server down. I'll post when it's back up :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Game back up. But may have to take it down again later tonight, as there is a risk of more thunder.

As I was unable to connect to the game myself (!) I manually saved and reloaded the game from that save. No idea what the problem was, but I can connect after the reload.

Anyone with hosting experience, do you have any clue what this could've been? The PB was running and there were no apparent errors that I could see. When I connected I never got the Civ-selection screen, it just left me standing on "Connecting to host". No active players either according to Civstats, and the game was accessed like 20 minutes ago according to Civstats.

Connection to server is down as of right now. Seems to be a problem with the server itself (not the pitboss software) or the connection to it.

Connection to server is down as of right now. Seems to be a problem with the server itself (not the pitboss software) or the connection to it.

No idea what caused it, but there was an error message in the PB command prompt window stating that the socket had been disconnected. Saved and reloaded, so game should be connectable now.

This is another manifestation of the bug where a player is disconnected without going through the "exit to main menu" path.

Could all teams please inform the people that log in to the game that they should not use Exit to Desktop? Thank you.

If finished, please do not forget to end your turn..

(it is of course something else, if some decisions still need to be taken..)

Could the turn timer be reduced a bit?

I see we have a real life turn timer of 55 hrs..
(I guess two days was intended..)

And as some teams don't end their turns, we could very well end up with each turn taking these 55 hrs..

yeap.. initial discutions must be ended by now, and theres just to move a warrior/scout from here to there by now... :b:
lets make this move forward a little faster :D

I cannot make that decision without admin approval, so I suggest this is posted in the admin request thread as well in accordance to what r_rolo1 has requested. :)

Atpmod Desconectada, again?

Game seems to be running fine...

Restarted for good measure. There is a known issue with the mod that makes it unable to reconnect to the webinterface for some reason if it disconnects. So please continue to let me know if you see error messages, and I will restart it as soon as I notice! This will not interfere with the game though, as long as there are no wars. If there is a war it may require a timer adjustment/reload if it has blocked someone from connecting - but the APTMod team is working on finding a fix, and I hope they will have it fixed well in time before any major wars. :)

Where do you get the messages about the disconnects, Filon?

Top Bottom