• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Israeli security Cabinet will work to 'remove' Arafat

Originally posted by HannibalBarka
Just today: from the BBC

Israeli missiles targeted the home of Mahmoud Zahar - a senior member of Hamas - killing his son and bodyguard and leaving about 25 people injured.

So the "And in any case Israel doesn't take actions against terrorists if it knows civilians will be killed - that's why so many terrorists are still alive." is just lies.

I don't see how it makes it a lie. And infact it just prooves my other point - had Israel used a bigger bomb this hamas leader would've been killed.

Quote rmsharpe:
And what about those that seek the total destruction of the State of Israel and the same for the Jews?

A free Israel collaborating with a free Palestine will find a way to deal with those bastards and the ones that seek the total destruction of the State of Palestine and the same for the Palestinian

So you suggest we just sit waiting on our asses? NO, I ma not saying this:
Build a wall on the 67 borders, evacuate all settlements in the WB and Gaza, share Jerusalem (where arab live is Palestinian, where jews live is Israeli) and find a way to compensate the refugees. The pression will goes down for both Arabs and Israeli, and only a few fraction in both sides will still want to fight with no popular support.

And how will that make the terrorist attacks stop? Terrorists will just gain more support because once they'll have a victory over Israel they'll just continue in persuing their further goals.
]And how will we share Jerusalem? If the temple mount will be Israeli Palestinians will continue to fight, and after what happened the last time Israel withdrew from a holy jewish site (Joseph's tomb, which was burnt, destroyed and rebuilt as a mosque by the Palestinians) there's no way we're giving this area to Palestinian control.
Also, the Palestinian groups have stated that they won't accept any solution for the refugee problem aside from a complete right of return - whereas Israel can't accept this as it'll mean its destruction.

These are the reason there need to be negotiations - and negotiations can't take place while there's active fighting.

A free Israel collaborating with a free Palestine will find a way to deal with those bastards and the ones that seek the total destruction of the State of Palestine and the same for the Palestinian

Israel is already fighting those who want to kill all Palestinians, and Palestinians refuse to fight the terrorists. If Israel will withdraw they hamas will just become another hizzbalah, and will face even a weaker opposition than the one in southern Lebanon. The PLO can't fight the hamas now because Arafat won't let them, and with the hamas growing even stronger Arafat is even less likely to allow them to.

Quote: G-man:
I don't see how it makes it a lie. And infact it just prooves my other point - had Israel used a bigger bomb this hamas leader would've been killed.

Israel has already used a big bomb, they just missed their target.
Israel sent the bomb even though they knew the terrorist was with his son and bodyguard (are they terrorist too ?) and injured 25 people.

Israel has already used a big bomb, they just missed their target.
Israel sent the bomb even though they knew the terrorist was with his son and bodyguard (are they terrorist too ?) and injured 25 people.

Israel didn't miss its target. He was injured. He wasn't killed because the bomb was too small.
And what makes you think Israel knew his son was there?
As to his body guard, he was a legitimate military target.

Quote:
And how will that make the terrorist attacks stop? Terrorists will just gain more support because once they'll have a victory over Israel they'll just continue in persuing their further goals.

No they won't. When a peace treaty was reached in Nothern Ireland, terrorism vanished.
Quote:
And how will we share Jerusalem? If the temple mount will be Israeli Palestinians will continue to fight, and after what happened the last time Israel withdrew from a holy jewish site (Joseph's tomb, which was burnt, destroyed and rebuilt as a mosque by the Palestinians) there's no way we're giving this area to Palestinian control.

The Temple mount, except for the Western wall, is already under Waqf control. What is the new ?

Quote:
Also, the Palestinian groups have stated that they won't accept any solution for the refugee problem aside from a complete right of return - whereas Israel can't accept this as it'll mean its destruction
No, it's not true, Only radical groups like Hamas or Jihad are still claiming this. The other groups want just a recognition that the creation of Israel was the reason of the refugee problem, but are OK not to ask the right of return to be applied to all refugees .

Quote:
These are the reason there need to be negotiations - and negotiations can't take place while there's active fighting.

The purpose of negotiations is to stop the fighting.

Quote:
Israel didn't miss its target. He was injured. He wasn't killed because the bomb was too small.

Whatever

Quote:
And what makes you think Israel knew his son was there?

That is not an excuse, you can't just send a bob and pray the guy will be alone.

Quote:
As to his body guard, he was a legitimate military target.

I thought Israel was targeting terrorist not bodyguard.

What about the 25 injured ? where they legitimate military target too?

No they won't. When a peace treaty was reached in Nothern Ireland, terrorism vanished.

Yes they will. Whem a peace treaty was reached in Israel terrorism continued. Why? Because unlike N Ireland the goal of the terrorists is to destroy Israel.

The Temple mount, except for the Western wall, is already under Waqf control. What is the new ?

The Waqf is still under Israel. The Palestinian organizations won't accept anything less than a control by their country over the entire temple mount.

No, it's not true, Only radical groups like Hamas or Jihad are still claiming this. The other groups want just a recognition that the creation of Israel was the reason of the refugee problem, but are OK not to ask the right of return to be applied to all refugees .

It was claimed by all terror groups, including the fatah.

The purpose of negotiations is to stop the fighting.

No it's not.

That is not an excuse, you can't just send a bob and pray the guy will be alone.

We also can't let terrorists continue their actions because there might be someone there. There can always be someone near them.

He wasn't the target. But he was still a legitimate target.

No, they were human shields used by the terrorists.

I don't think you get to become the bodyguard of a Hamas leader unless you've got pretty good credentials in the organization. As a trusted foot soldier protecting a high ranking member, he was a legitimate target.

They fall under the euphamism "collateral damage." The IDF didn't intend to kill them, it was an accident, but there's always a chance innocent civilians could die when you drop bombs and fire missilies.

first of all, most of the world sympathizes with the palestinians, albeit not with their corrupt leadership. i dont think this is controversial: eg, in norway over 80% of those who sympathize with either, do with the palestinians. the same is true for most of europe and at least for the rest of the world. i think this is because the rest of the world knows what it feels like to be under an imperialist power.

this is not to say the israelis dont have reasons to mourn, but most people consider the israeli goverment the agressors.

"arafat doesent want to stop terrorism"

we wouldnt know, really. all the palestinian police stations have been destroyed or made completely powerless by the israeli army.

btw, look at a map over israel from 1948. then look at a recent one. it should be pretty obvious that the israelis are just as willing and much more able to destroy the other state.

Arafat doesn't want to stop terrorism because over the last 30 years he has used it as his primary tool of influence. He openly embraced it for years, only recently has he become a "statesman."

On the map, who has either outwardly attacked or provoked attack Israel for the last 50 years? It wasn't the Israelis, they were just trying to survive. Rather, it was the militaristic dictatorships of the Arab states that sought the destruction of the State of Israel.

Originally posted by stupidradical
first of all, most of the world sympathizes with the palestinians, albeit not with their corrupt leadership. i dont think this is controversial: eg, in norway over 80% of those who sympathize with either, do with the palestinians. the same is true for most of europe and at least for the rest of the world. i think this is because the rest of the world knows what it feels like to be under an imperialist power.

this is not to say the israelis dont have reasons to mourn, but most people consider the israeli goverment the agressors.

"arafat doesent want to stop terrorism"

we wouldnt know, really. all the palestinian police stations have been destroyed or made completely powerless by the israeli army.

btw, look at a map over israel from 1948. then look at a recent one. it should be pretty obvious that the israelis are just as willing and much more able to destroy the other state.

I know Europe doesn't like Israel much , Norway especially . But 80% seems a bit high I'd say . We are not THAT bad in the world's eyes . BTW , why EU suddenly decided to set immigration quota , problems with some immigrants ?

We also can't let terrorists continue their actions because there might be someone there. There can always be someone near them.

He wasn't the target. But he was still a legitimate target.

No, they were human shields used by the terrorists.

What's wrong with you? Calling Sharon a "terrorist" because he didn't use his soldiers to protect people of the enemy. Not doing anything to prevent murder doesn't make you a murderer, much less a terrorist.

Killing innocent bystanders without intenting to do so is not by any means compareable to killing civilians with full intent.

i have nothing against israel- or any other countries for that matter. but i have problems with many goverments.

oh, and if you look at statistics instead of completely racist cartoons you will find that 3x times as many palestinians than israelis have been killed in the 50 year long conflict.

and you cant compare isreali and palestinian terrorism. the first one is institutionalized and it would be very easy to reduce it. the second one is the choice of individuals and isnt possible to stop in the conventional ways. i dont think it will stop before the palestinians get their own state.

i have nothing against israel- or any other countries for that matter. but i have problems with many goverments.

oh, and if you look at statistics instead of completely racist cartoons you will find that 3x times as many palestinians than israelis have been killed in the 50 year long conflict.

and you cant compare isreali and palestinian terrorism. the first one is institutionalized and it would be very easy to reduce it. the second one is the choice of individuals and isnt possible to stop in the conventional ways. i dont think it will stop before the palestinians get their own state.

What is racist in the cartoon ? :confused:

You are right, but who knows how many of those were millitants?

I know and most of them were people who tried to genocide the jewish population of Israel.

the second one is the choice of individuals and isnt possible to stop in the conventional ways.

Wrong. It's organized by groups who have tough (and thought) control over their members. The suicide bombers are brainwashed from birth. At home, at school and finally in the Jihad training camp. This has very little todo with individual choice.

i dont think it will stop before the palestinians get their own state.

They could have had one long ago but they were not interested. The Arabs never showed any real interest in peace/a two state solution. They want to destory Israel, by any means necessary.

Top Bottom